The grumpy thread

outlaw118

All the best Tim. Never a good thing to happen at any time of the year but especially not on the run up to Christmas. My regards to Mrs Lankytim.

Cat losses are also grim M_LOBSTER, sorry to read of this.

And facebook has decided that my email address is no longer valid. I can't get on there any more because it can't find my profile. I think I may come to regard this a as a good thing - no more potless whining from the University group (or I'm so good \ so ambitious \ I got a brilliant mark because I mined the death of a loved one into a cheap human interest story aren't I clever blah bling bollocks blah) and irritating updates.

Not sure if I can be arsed fixing it.

Wat, get it fixed, just in case it's been changed and you're profile misappropriated by someone else.

There doesn't seem to be a way of me doing it because it won't accept my email address and it can't find my profile through the search engine they make you use. Is there any obvious way of me contacting tech support? It just seems to be a debugger.

Secondly, the bloke who won a Dinky horsebox off me on eBay for £37.80 has decided he doesn't like it because he reckons it's been apart and resprayed. I had no idea and he seems to be suggesting I passed it off as another model. He sent me an appallingly punctuated message rambling on about it 'not being a UK model' and it being maroon originally. Fuck's sake, I bought it as part of a job lot and it didn't look like it had been taken to pieces - he says the rivets have been off and there's overspray everywhere. I'm not an expert, but it smells like a scam to me. I really needed the bloody money and I'm now going to have to hand it back.

Oh yeah that reminds me - I've sent you some money Wat!

Cheers Gary, that goes some way to helping me out :D

Give me your new address ASAP and I'll get stuff sent.

Spending far too many Saturday nights in this year:

How on God's earth can people stand watching the utter fucking bollocks masquerading as television on a Sat night? I deft anyone to watch X-Craptor and not want to trace Dermatitis 'Touchy Feely' O'Bleary, break into his house at 04.41hrs, smash his face in with a cheese grater and then repeatedly stab him in the bollocks with a 9H pencil?

Smoking. I know it's shit and it makes me feel like crap but I can't stop. I love it. Being in a country where you can smoke in pubs doesn't help either. EVERYONE smokes here.

I made some progress in that I only smoke once a week on friday in the pub, but I will chain smoke.

I don't know what to do.

Spending far too many Saturday nights in this year:

How on God's earth can people stand watching the utter fucking bollocks masquerading as television on a Sat night? I deft anyone to watch X-Craptor and not want to trace Dermatitis 'Touchy Feely' O'Bleary, break into his house at 04.41hrs, smash his face in with a cheese grater and then repeatedly stab him in the bollocks with a 9H pencil?

He's quite inoffensive compared with the execrable singers, screaming audience and judges.

I want to take Monday off work so I can get better from this horrible cold that leaves me out of breath like some sort of Lambert & Butler test beagle when I do the slightest thing but I can't afford to as I've already had a disciplinary for the time off I have had with an equally unpleasant vomiting/sickness bug. I'm going to have to drag my carcass in and answer 'phones when I'd far rather be in bed all nice and snug concentrating on drinking hot toddies and getting better. The threat of the loss of job - tentatively, I've been offered a permanent position come January - if I have any more time off due to illness and the fact that, like many people at the moment, I *really* need the cash from the work and don't get paid for the first three days of any sickness period due to being temp staff (apparently, this is legal?) means I'm going to be driving into work tomorrow in no fit state to feel confident about doing so.

Doesn't help that the boss is one of those "I've never had a day off sick ever" types.

A friend of mine just entered the world of motoring with his first car - a Ford Transit for £1500. Ten days later, ding dong, it's the police wanting back a stolen vehicle. Lesson learnt: don't trust HPI checks! Also the irony element is that it was an ex-police van in the first place :lol:

Are HPI (other checking agencies are available...) not liable in situations such as this? :?

This makes me very grumpy:

IMG_0027.jpg

I took this one a couple of months ago and only just found it on the camera. Having just suffered a week of appalling parking oop Norf in Preston, seeing this reminded me of selfish me me me parkers. Got my own back on the black X5 who parked so close to my big white van that I couldn't open my door far enough though... :twisted:

That van doesn't look like it would fit in a normal space though, it would stick out so I say fair play. Personally I'd do the same, perhaps right at the back of the carpark.

HPI should be liable for the van, as long as ALL details were given - as long as both the VIN and reg number were given, HPI will come back and say if they don't match. If they don't report this and it turns out it's cloned, you can claim up to £30k. If you gave then the VIN on the V5, which didn't match the one on the van, then they won't pay out.

http://www.hpicheck.com/furniture/guarantee.html

Yep, it is Trig. I think I was camped up at a dog show on the showground at the time, and therefore spending too much money and time (isn't time in a supermarket always too much time? ) there myself.

The spaces are big enough for a van (I was using mine), even if you have to overhang the space in front. I was tempted to park in the space behind him though, but too in fear of my own bodywork.

I want to take Monday off work so I can get better from this horrible cold that leaves me out of breath like some sort of Lambert & Butler test beagle when I do the slightest thing but I can't afford to as I've already had a disciplinary for the time off I have had with an equally unpleasant vomiting/sickness bug.

Doesn't help that the boss is one of those "I've never had a day off sick ever" types.

Not your fault you've been off sick, sound like one of those crappy call centres places where you get a displinary for being 1 second late back at the desk.

@poly: It's actually fairly relaxed in most respects, but sickness seems to be THE WORST THING you can do to the company. I'm off today, I made the effort to get in but I simply didn't feel safe behind the wheel so I went home again before I went too far. Called in sick, coughed a lung up at them, boss was not impressed that I was ill. So I'll try again tomorrow and hope I don't get a bollocking, especially since I actually rather like my workplace and the vast majority of the people I work with and even the customers, who are generally quite lovely.

@CtheP: Hope you get better soon! Sounds like a wretched thing you have going on there.