The grumpy thread

outlaw118

I'm feeling a bit fed up with my cars just now. The SD1's finished after a year or so's work and now I'm not 100% sure what to do with it. I think it looks great and I'm proud of it but I never seem to get a chance to drive it and managed to miss all the shows this year. I've been so busy at work it's not moved in over a month and I find it hard to make the effort to drag it out (literally as it bottoms out and drive) and I've got a nice cosy merc that does 50mpg to drive.

The TR7's more rotten than I thought. It needs front and rear floor pans on both sides, the rear suspension mountings are rotted out and the wings and doors appear to be mainly wob and metal tape. I've started on it but there's so much work involved I've lost my motivation to do anything with it. I thought floor pans etc would be cheap and easy to come by but they're neither meaning I have to make all the panels myself. This makes the process even longer and un-appealling.

I'm tempted to get rid of the both of them and get a nice Cortina or SD1 Vitesse or get away from old stuff and build a half decent track car out of the Puma.

Fuuuuuuck. How can I not source a wheel arch repair kit or rear quarter for my Puma!! The car only went out of product 10 years ago FFS and they're all hanging there so you'd expect SOMEONE to sell the bit.

I went to the local Ford dealer at lunchtime but they ignored me. I could see them through the 1 way glass trying to pretend I wasn't there so they can stick that business up their arse!

Fuuuuuuck. How can I not source a wheel arch repair kit or rear quarter for my Puma!! The car only went out of product 10 years ago FFS and they're all hanging there so you'd expect SOMEONE to sell the bit.

I went to the local Ford dealer at lunchtime but they ignored me. I could see them through the 1 way glass trying to pretend I wasn't there so they can stick that business up their arse!

Tried A-Panels? Part of Arnold Clark now IIRC but they turned up rear arch repair sections for my Mk3 Cavalier no bother... if they're trade only gimme a shout and I'll see what I can turn up.

Tried A-Panels? Part of Arnold Clark now IIRC but they turned up rear arch repair sections for my Mk3 Cavalier no bother... if they're trade only gimme a shout and I'll see what I can turn up.

Thanks! I've not tried them but I'll give them a call. I thought they'd be a load of them on ebay but not so.

I can ask QuickCo in Trafford Park if you want. Or ScouseCo, aka Pete-M. He'd know.

Also, the flu jab I had last Tuesday actually gave me the flu. And I still feel shit having not gone into Uni and work regardless cos there's lots to do. Urgggggh.

That stupid voice in the back of my head that's saying that new girl in work likes me. There is no way this can not end badly....

There's only one way to find out... DRINK. Remember things said or done whilst drunk (note; not so sozzled that standing upright becomes a challenge) are things that are thought of whilst sober. Sometimes you immediately find out the reason you never acted on such a thought very quickly, thus removing all the time wasting suspence of not knowing.

Edit: and obviously how could a woman resist aYugo of such distinction as yours?

Getting told off on the VOC because of that pro touring wazz end. My comments are 'uneccessary' apparently.

Yeah, because changing an Amazon so much it's basically a set of fabricated clips and an LS1 is so in keeping with what people want to buy \ can afford.

BAH :evil:

Sorting through some old paperwork I found a cheque from the HMRC for a little under £50. But smiles soon turned to sadness as by the amount there is a small print stating that if the cheque is presented to a bank within 6 months, the amount will be paid to me. The cheque was issued literally a few days over 6 months ago. So looks like I missed out by a few days. Brill :evil:

New girl in work. There is no way this can not end badly....

Yeah, agreed. Personally I cant be arsed anymore. The cute little Polish thing at my work that I liked so much has got herself married and now pregnant, so my dream is over.... :?

Sorting through some old paperwork I found a cheque from the HMRC for a little under £50. But smiles soon turned to sadness as by the amount there is a small print stating that if the cheque is presented to a bank within 6 months, the amount will be paid to me. The cheque was issued literally a few days over 6 months ago. So looks like I missed out by a few days. Brill :evil:

Why don't you try ringing them and asking for a replacement?

That stupid voice in the back of my head that's saying that new girl in work likes me. There is no way this can not end badly....

Ask her for a drink, if she says no just tell everyone you work with she touched you up in the bogs. Also glue a fiver to to the office floor so you can get a good look at her arse.

Failing that (and I've honestly tried this to good effect) then bet her a quid you can keep your hands by your side yet feel her tits up. When she accepts the challenge simply mover your arms up, cop a really good feel and tell her it was well worth a quid.

*Disclaimer: don't blame me if you get punched or sacked or both. But at least you'll know whether she's a frigid bint or a lezzer and it'll be cheaper* than buying several drinks to find out.

Sorted, I read the date (properly this time) and still have a good month to get it cashed. It'll help as I've got some bills to pay which will swallow up all of my weeks pay and more.

Adverts where the seller lists the car as having a leather interior, when its clearly vinyl. Really? Either you are too dumb to tell the difference or you feel that everyone else might just be a little slow on the uptake, either way I'm walking.

Public transport.

Today is the first day of half term - always a busy time on the trains, with lots of families travelling with kids and suitcases etc.

So who the f*ck thought it would be a good idea to dig up the railway between Norwich and London today, thus forcing everyone who would have got on the 10-coach express to Liverpool Street to pile onto the 3-coach Turbostar to Cambridge to catch a connecting service?

Things didn't get any better when I got to London (late, as I'd missed my connection due to a signalling fault somewhere near Attleborough). No service on the Circle line, so I got the Victoria line to Oxford Circus, intending to jump on a Bakerloo train to Marylebone. Only when I got to Oxford Circus I found out the Bakerloo line was also being dug up, and there was in fact no way of getting to Marylebone by tube. So I had to surface and take a bus - which is not something I've done in London for at least 15 years - which involved trying to persuade the Eastern European bus driver that my train ticket from Norwich to High Wycombe was valid on the no. 453 bus.

The net result was an extremely stressful journey and the seller of the Jag having to hang around at his unit for an hour longer than he should have done. Thankfully the rest of the day's travels went smoothly...

And there I was, thinking I was having a good day :|

Sis_Sterling, being at that difficult age having trouble with a couple of her ex 'mates' or whatever in which I nearly got involved in (couldnt find thes 'mates' though) of course one of the kids coming from a family who think they are the cut-price chavtastic Sopranos or whatever. Fuck off. :roll: