The grumpy thread

outlaw118

I'm typing this whilst sitting in the waiting room of Liverpool Magistrates Court courtesy of merseyplods finest insisting that I jumped a red light back in June. Let's. hope that Citywatch can come up with the cctv soon.

I got stopped for the same offence many years back when I had not actually done it. No CCTV or anything but I handed the copper his arse on a plate in court and (quite rightly) the case wasn't proved.

I'd have thought in your case if you're denying it they'll have to find the CCTV?

I'm typing this whilst sitting in the waiting room of Liverpool Magistrates Court courtesy of merseyplods finest insisting that I jumped a red light back in June. Let's. hope that Citywatch can come up with the cctv soon.

I got stopped for the same offence many years back when I had not actually done it. No CCTV or anything but I handed the copper his arse on a plate in court and (quite rightly) the case wasn't proved.

I'd have thought in your case if you're denying it they'll have to find the CCTV?

Cold and cant be arsed to do anything, though that might not be the fault of the cold weather

It's not too cold here, but I think I had set the heating a bit high (there is no room thermostat, just a knob that turns the boiler up or down) and allergy got tbe best of me the moment I walked out (going through the Winter Gardens didn't help either).

Cold and cant be arsed to do anything, though that might not be the fault of the cold weather

It's not too cold here, but I think I had set the heating a bit high (there is no room thermostat, just a knob that turns the boiler up or down) and allergy got tbe best of me the moment I walked out (going through the Winter Gardens didn't help either).

'I'm so ambitious'

'I've got work experience at XYZ - haven't I done well?'

'I'm brilliant at blah blah fucking blah'

'I got 75, I'm well on the way to a first because I'm so dedicated'

Shut up, shut up, SHUT UP!

Someone remind me again why a University Facebook group was a good idea? It's just full of preening little shits banging on about how good they think they are. Am I genuinely the only one who finds folk going on and on (and on and on) about their own supposed brilliance really, REALLY strange?

It must be. I feel more aloof from that lot than ever before.

'I'm so ambitious'

'I've got work experience at XYZ - haven't I done well?'

'I'm brilliant at blah blah fucking blah'

'I got 75, I'm well on the way to a first because I'm so dedicated'

Shut up, shut up, SHUT UP!

Someone remind me again why a University Facebook group was a good idea? It's just full of preening little shits banging on about how good they think they are. Am I genuinely the only one who finds folk going on and on (and on and on) about their own supposed brilliance really, REALLY strange?

It must be. I feel more aloof from that lot than ever before.

Am I genuinely the only one who finds folk going on and on (and on and on) about their own supposed brilliance really, REALLY strange?

You haven't heard them going on about their fat stupid little offspring shits yet, all of which being some bloody losers and tards.

Every time I see one of those shitty minivans in front of me with these pathetic Benjamin and Rebecca on Board signs dangling in the back window,

I wish I was in my Stockcar F1 just to nail the throttle and shove the dreary bunch up the next light pole clear as a whistle.

Am I genuinely the only one who finds folk going on and on (and on and on) about their own supposed brilliance really, REALLY strange?

You haven't heard them going on about their fat stupid little offspring shits yet, all of which being some bloody losers and tards.

Every time I see one of those shitty minivans in front of me with these pathetic Benjamin and Rebecca on Board signs dangling in the back window,

I wish I was in my Stockcar F1 just to nail the throttle and shove the dreary bunch up the next light pole clear as a whistle.

You haven't heard them going on about their fat stupid little offspring shits yet, all of which being some bloody losers and tards. .

Actually, the one girl on my course with a kid is probably the most well adjusted and least cretinous of the lot.

I'm sure the majority of them don't mean to sound so boorish and insufferable. It must be a difference in generation or something.

You haven't heard them going on about their fat stupid little offspring shits yet, all of which being some bloody losers and tards. .

Actually, the one girl on my course with a kid is probably the most well adjusted and least cretinous of the lot.

I'm sure the majority of them don't mean to sound so boorish and insufferable. It must be a difference in generation or something.

We had folk like that on my course. Naturally, every one of us were "the designers of the future". We were each destined for great things; those of us who weren't swept up by Pininfarina or IDEA would probably end up running a Think Tank in California or Seoul. As long as we kept churning out ever more swanky renderings with ever increasing levels of swooshiness, we were sure of a career wearing turtlenecks and flying business class between product consultation clinics.

Which is why I'm now a Service Advisor at a Merc dealership.

We had folk like that on my course. Naturally, every one of us were "the designers of the future". We were each destined for great things; those of us who weren't swept up by Pininfarina or IDEA would probably end up running a Think Tank in California or Seoul. As long as we kept churning out ever more swanky renderings with ever increasing levels of swooshiness, we were sure of a career wearing turtlenecks and flying business class between product consultation clinics.

Which is why I'm now a Service Advisor at a Merc dealership.

Departed a few days back for a three week stint working away oop north from my London abode.

Peasant Pug parked on the street, across from the flat so that my housemates can see if anyone slashes the tyres / bricks the windscreen / sets it on fire while I'm away.

Receive e-mail from them this afternoon, stating that this sign has just been erected by Brent Council.

IMG-20121007-00332-Copy.jpg

I'm parked in the third bay. I won't be back home till the 23rd of October.

Bugger.

Entirely predictable.

I call housemate last Wednesday who agrees to move it to the other side of the street. Therefore, I don't call council, as the matter's in hand.

Check Saturday past - They haven't moved it (boxed in by two big cars), but will do so Sunday.

Just had an e-mail to say that it was still boxed in, so they didn't move it Sunday night, instead electing to get up this morning and do it.

Too late when they went to do it; the council have lifted the car, and it's in the pound.

At £200 release fee, plus £55 FPN, plus £40 per day storage = £755 to retrieve £350 of Pug 205 when I get back home next Wednesday.

Fucking great. :evil::evil::evil:

Departed a few days back for a three week stint working away oop north from my London abode.

Peasant Pug parked on the street, across from the flat so that my housemates can see if anyone slashes the tyres / bricks the windscreen / sets it on fire while I'm away.

Receive e-mail from them this afternoon, stating that this sign has just been erected by Brent Council.

IMG-20121007-00332-Copy.jpg

I'm parked in the third bay. I won't be back home till the 23rd of October.

Bugger.

Entirely predictable.

I call housemate last Wednesday who agrees to move it to the other side of the street. Therefore, I don't call council, as the matter's in hand.

Check Saturday past - They haven't moved it (boxed in by two big cars), but will do so Sunday.

Just had an e-mail to say that it was still boxed in, so they didn't move it Sunday night, instead electing to get up this morning and do it.

Too late when they went to do it; the council have lifted the car, and it's in the pound.

At £200 release fee, plus £55 FPN, plus £40 per day storage = £755 to retrieve £350 of Pug 205 when I get back home next Wednesday.

Fucking great. :evil::evil::evil: