The grumpy thread

outlaw118

Should have bought a Ram diesel :)

Still might struggle to break double digits however when you consider the same engine also powers these...

This belongs to a friend of mine in New York.

55333869_c9d0df8c36.jpg

CIMG0537 by Tayne, on Flickr

20mpg (US) on a good day.

Much better than the previous Ford Expedition which struggled to get over 11mpg.

I have a hideous throat infection that makes me sound like Hillary Devey

Stop smoking all those pipes then.

Should have bought a Ram diesel :)

Still might struggle to break double digits however when you consider the same engine also powers these...

250px-London_Bus_route_139_A.jpg

We had one. It broke a lot.

Usually my truck averages 17-19 mpg but I've been doing a lot of sitting about in traffic and short journey stuff. That eats into the mileage.

Considering it farts along on 4 sounding like an old Saab at 40 quite happily returning about 27-33 mpg.. It's not so bad. Just short trips bite.

The exhaust on my van had a 10" long bit of 2.5" pipe coming out of the back box which fed into a 3.5" fancypants tailpipe which looked a bit gash. I cut it off just where it went into the 3.5" bit hoping it would make the exhaust a bit quieter like removing the horn off a megaphone. It's done exactly the opposite and now the van has gone from being pretty fucking noisy to absolutely bloody ridiculous. bah.

The FTL has just wasted an entire roll of film by jamming its advance spool up. The viewfinder's covered in some kind of foam from the body that I can't remove. It may be time to give the Real Camera Company a call and see if they can rescue it from the knacker's yard - otherwise I'll take the f/1.4 lens off it, sell the body for spares and concentrate on the other two 35mm cameras I have lying around. The lens will probably be sold too as it fouls the Kood when I put it on my D60. I can't run it wide open either as the rear glass is larger than the diameter of the adaptor. If the body's scrap and the lens won't fit on my Nikon, I might as well get some money back from it all. F/1.4 M42 lenses do rather well on eBay, and FTL kit doesn't show up very often.

That said, the OM-1 isn't doing well either. It's shredded some of the expired Svema 100 I picked up off eBay. It may well have to be separated from the camera in a dark bag - I just hope the majority of the shots are still intact.

That leaves the loft-fresh EE2 to run without damaging the film I have left. Getting B&W film processed is a palarver - I'm still waiting on the shots from the Lucky 100 I took to come back from Germany.

The FTL has just wasted an entire roll of film by jamming its advance spool up. The viewfinder's covered in some kind of foam from the body that I can't remove. It may be time to give the Real Camera Company a call and see if they can rescue it from the knacker's yard - otherwise I'll take the f/1.4 lens off it, sell the body for spares and concentrate on the other two 35mm cameras I have lying around. The lens will probably be sold too as it fouls the Kood when I put it on my D60. I can't run it wide open either as the rear glass is larger than the diameter of the adaptor. If the body's scrap and the lens won't fit on my Nikon, I might as well get some money back from it all. F/1.4 M42 lenses do rather well on eBay, and FTL kit doesn't show up very often.

That said, the OM-1 isn't doing well either. It's shredded some of the expired Svema 100 I picked up off eBay. It may well have to be separated from the camera in a dark bag - I just hope the majority of the shots are still intact.

That leaves the loft-fresh EE2 to run without damaging the film I have left. Getting B&W film processed is a palarver - I'm still waiting on the shots from the Lucky 100 I took to come back from Germany.

if that's the FTL that takes the shit pictures - it's fucked!

HTH :roll:

16" buggers, the cheapo Linglong's were not much cheaper and the Michelin's are best not mentioned.

the very cheapest Nankang on Mytyres are £70.00 in that size.

As soon as I've some stuff cleared I'm storing for someone it's had it, I love it to bits but it's too thirsty to just tool about in when it's not earning money. :(

if that's the FTL that takes the shit pictures - it's fucked!

HTH :roll:

Shit pictures?

Hi Len, didn't see you back there. :D

Government fail...

Who now is boss of the NHS? Yes, step up Jeremy Cunt, one of the most disgraced ministers of the cabinet who's CV includes being accused of lying in parliament and being massively lobbied by a private company - perfect for healthcare, then.

Oo and now the important one... transport. Yes bye bye Ms Greening of West London, although you will obviously still lose your seat when Heathrow's third runway is announced by the next election. So what do we know about this new fellow, Patrick McgLoughlin? Pro motorist? Pro trains? Pro planes? His record has seen him as an EU moderate, a climate change believer and a homophobe (all from theyworkforyou). Sadly however he has been 100% in line with the party whip, so I imagine he's there partly as a bit of a pusharound. Guardian seems to think he'll quietly drop the 80mph proposed limit, which I think is a good thing, although am sure others here will disagree. Bonus is though that he's not a plane-o-phile, and coupled with that BoJo is probably the most powerful Conservative right now, I really hope Heathrow #3 isn't built. I live 25 miles from the airport, and it's fucking loud enough already, let alone the five or so million people who live nearer. Airlines are subsidised to the tune of £10bn a year already (untaxed fuel - passenger duty receipts), they don't need another helping handjob under the table. Oh well, this is continuing 20 years or so of almost a transport minister a year - GR9 for consistent and well thought out policy, just look at the trains since '93.

Planes are good. This CO2 nonsense has to stop ASAP. If we need to keep cutting down on our emissions, let's sacrifice a few cows instead. The economic and social benefits which have been brought about by mass air travel are gigantic and should never be underestimated.

That doesn't mean that LHR is clever. It sits between London and the wilderness (Reading is a London suburb, Newbury is like a big village, and Swindon isn't exactly a metropolis, either). On the other hand, Luton is located on the M1, not far from the M6, and within striking distance of all three major train corridors in the country. It would make an awful lot of sense to channel most origin and destination London traffic, particularly long-haul flights, into Luton, while keeping Heathrow as a hub for connections on BA and some short-haul flights that can't be served from City. Of course, that's too sensible to be used as government policy, so they'll just keep expanding Heathrow instead, spending billions in the process to compensate everyone affected (needless to say, land is a lot more expensive there).

The 80mph limit increase is badly needed. With 90% of lorries having the cruise control stuck at an indicated 58mph, this gives the average motorist (IQ: 78) a mere 12mph margin between the effective slowest speed on the road and the speed limit. Instead of speeding up the motorway, this has the effect of killing off any lane discipline, making people more reluctant to slow down for accidents/traffic jams, and generally making them even less responsible for, and accustomed to, choosing the appropriate speed for the conditions.

In the new 'cabinet' it appears that Maria Miller has been given the role of Minister for Culture and a secondary role for Women and Equalities...

Good job in the past she's:

Voted against Gay adoption Rights,

Voted against the human fertilisation and embryology bill (which would give lesbian couples the ability to receive fertility treatment),

Voted against the process of the racial and religious hatred bill,

And voted in favour of defining racial hatred, homophobia and prejudice as simply just 'freedom of speech'

Great move there..... :roll:

Don't right-wing cunts like her always do well in recessionary times?

Your average person:

* doesn't feel as generous/charitable

* wants a "safe pair of hands"/someone who won't rock the boat

* wants a bogeyman to blame for their troubles: gays, foreigners, that kind of thing

Orange : rang them a couple of months ago to say my signal at home was now non existent to be told they were doing work on the mast and it'd all be resolved mid August.

Rang back today to say it was still no better and was told 'oh we've actually taken it down now and we aren't going to replace it' some bullshit about reducing carbon footprint (more like cutting costs).

Fuck it thought I, my contract was up so off I went to all the providers only to be told my next closest mast is....Orange....and fuck all chance of getting any other provider to offer a decent signal where I live.

Grumblingly had to renew my contract with Orange for a phone I can't use at home.

I'm off to hit stuff with a hammer until I feel better