The grumpy thread

outlaw118

Laid underneath my "mates" van with a propane torch aimed at the drivers front caliper bleed nipple which was 100% rounded and 100% seized, as was the brake pipe and everything surrounding it. Caliper is also pretty much seized but hes a tight cunt and won't buy another so I was trying to make it work.

I warmed things up a bit, to no avail. Warmed them up a bit more - still no luck, bleed nipple was seized solid. Warmed them up a bit more and the brake fluid must have boiled which caused the flexy hose to explode fairly violently and squirt boiling brake fluid in my face.

My "mate" was more pissed off that I'd just cost him a fucking £9 flexy hose which was knackered to start with than the fact that both my eyes had boiling brake fluid in them after I had tried doing the useless fucker a favour. Three hours later I can see alright from my left eye but there is probably some gravel in my right eye.

1. Behringer.

They're hopeless. I ordered a power supply for a DSP 110 Shark I want to sell. Except their supplier has let me down AGAIN, and they're the only people who can supply it. I genuinely thought the places I went to were taking the piss when they said that they didn't deal with Behringer because they were sketchy, but I'm beginning to believe it.

2. Facebook.

I've had that timeline cobblers forced on to my profile. And all of the embedded adverts that entails. Net result : It cripples my machine when you try to view anything, and the constant streaming adverts are a massive pain in the arse when they come booming out of my headphones (I don't run my machine with any speakers).

3. eBay buyers not paying up. FUCKING HURRY UP, you've had two days.

4. American website owner who wants some photos I took and does not understand the concept of 'Get to fuck if you think you're having them for nothing.' He just keeps clogging my inbox up with po faced shit about how he had to work for nothing to get into his industry. Excuse me, shithead - you're not short of a few bob. I am not asking a lot. If my photos draw people to your website and you subsequently make money off that passing trade, you owe me. Either put your hand in your pocket or fuck off. I am sick of minted people pleading poverty the second they want something off me. Like fuck you'd hand the photos over for nothing if it were the other way round. Or perhaps I'm just not a complete skinflint fuckshite who realise that people have to make a living.

Tried to get rid of the oil leak on the Princess and made it spectacularly worse. Bodged it to get rid of it, but it's leaking again now. Don't want to remove the cause of the leak because it's already made a start stripping the thread out of the rocker cover :/. Full shite update when I'm not tired and full of Pina Colada.

Laid underneath my "mates" van with a propane torch aimed at the drivers front caliper bleed nipple which was 100% rounded and 100% seized, as was the brake pipe and everything surrounding it. Caliper is also pretty much seized but hes a tight cunt and won't buy another so I was trying to make it work.

I warmed things up a bit, to no avail. Warmed them up a bit more - still no luck, bleed nipple was seized solid. Warmed them up a bit more and the brake fluid must have boiled which caused the flexy hose to explode fairly violently and squirt boiling brake fluid in my face.

My "mate" was more pissed off that I'd just cost him a fucking £9 flexy hose which was knackered to start with than the fact that both my eyes had boiling brake fluid in them after I had tried doing the useless fucker a favour. Three hours later I can see alright from my left eye but there is probably some gravel in my right eye.

Tell your mate to go and fuck himself if that's his attitude. It sounds like you're lucky to have escaped with your eyesight. What did the hospital say?

2. Facebook.

I've had that timeline cobblers forced on to my profile. And all of the embedded adverts that entails. Net result : It cripples my machine when you try to view anything, and the constant streaming adverts are a massive pain in the arse when they come booming out of my headphones (I don't run my machine with any speakers).

Funnily enough they 'upgraded' me today too, so I went a-Googling for a solution and found this....http://download.cnet.com/TimeLine-Remove/3000-11745_4-75714336.html

Seems to be just like a Greasemonkey script that alters the way the browser renders the page rather than the scam ones that are doing the rounds which claim to be Farcebook apps that end up stealing all your private data.

Works a treat on Firefox, supposed to work on Chrome too. IE users and Macfags get what they deserve...... :lol:

I'm not going to the Gathering now.

Just got a fucking parking notice through the door saying that I overstayed my welcome chatting with Pete at the Birkenhead McDonalds.

I am fucking furious. I am never, ever, ever, ever, ever going there again. I DON'T HAVE £75 YOU FUCKING THIEVING BASTARDS.

It's worth making sure you are 100% first but as Trigger says, you don't have to pay private firms seeing as they can only send you and invoice and not an actual fine (IIRC). The parents gathered a couple of "fines" onto their car from a private car park a while ago which are still unpaid... they'll just nag you for a fairly long time.

It might be worth Googling some bits of the letter. There was a thread somewhere (Pepipoo probably) containing the whole sequence of escalating threats for one firm, from the initial 'fine' to threats of court. The intimidating letters will lose their sting if you know what to expect.

Edit: It was moneysavingexpert, they have an archive of them built up here: http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/sho ... ?t=2214803

As above, ignore the parking letter if it's from a private firm, do not send back any sort of response. Just screw it up and throw it in the bin, there is no legal obligation for you to pay these extortianate 'fines'.

I had one because I apparently spent too long in a PC World car park, never mind that during that stay I bought several hundred pounds of computer equipment, I was furious but then I found this site:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/sho ... ?t=2214803

Which makes it all crystal clear.

I got the exact chain of letters listed for the company on that site, every one got torn up and thrown in the bin, and 18 months plus a car change and house move later I haven't heard another word.

Chuck it in the bin. It's an invoice not a fine, and all the bullshit they'll spout about court and bailiffs means nothing

I'll keep the correspondence in a file I have. I've got a spare coloured page divider. I shall entitle it 'TWATS'.

I swear to Christ if one more thing goes wrong today they'll be fucking murders.

Went to the opticians today. They claimed I was late despite the fact the appointment was booked for 1.30 and I turned up at 1.30. Started giving me some shit about it being at 1.25 and it was 'unacceptable' I was 5 minutes 'late'. Didn't realise Specsavers ran to such a tight schedule.

Got a bollocking off the optometrist because it's been 7 years since I had my eyes tested and as a result I now have a bad astigmatism in my right eye. So that's a £10 charge for being told I'm basically blind. I knew that anyway.

On a separate grump... the classic car scrapyard photo group on facebook. It was once a group with some interesting photos of rotting classics, the odd contribution from a banger driver of his yard and general classic car paps. Now it gets swamped by a weekly wave of banger trolls who struggle to type without text speak and constantly post provocative photos of what they have raced.... :evil:

The other day I joined this group and had a good look, something I've been meaning to do for quite a long time but had never got around to. I see what you mean. Wish I hadn't bothered really.

Didn't realise Specsavers ran to such a tight schedule

You wouldn't believe the pressure speccys employees are under, unreasonable targets and all that bullshit you'd think beyond even Kwikfit.

Horrible grubby, nasty, greedy bunch of shits. Although the franchises are generally ok.

A colleague of mine today spent the equivalent of my year's wages (gross) on a used Lolvo XC60 today :evil:

Sometimes forget that real people do buy big and expensive cars like that :|

Oh, and VIRGIN MEDIA! for helping this page take five minutes to load. Hopefully Branson will soon lose his fibre optics like he did his trains.

Re "private" car parks; i wonder what would happen if, under cover of darkness and heavily disguised, a gang of like-minded folk were to assemble en masse and fill said car park with rotten caravans, with flat tyres and no tow-hooks? It would be immense fun to watch them scratching their heads to figure out what to do next.