The grumpy thread

outlaw118

To be fair, there's no one I don't like at my main job. Fairly small group I'm in and although I don't have anything in common with any of them (4 mothers and a gay guy) we do get on pretty well.

To be fair I'm hardly the most outgoing person and it normally takes me months before I get to know people, thus a social event full of people I only knew in passing was never going to work

some fucking wanker has keyed the back door of my Bluebird today, cheers - it's no longer the mint car it has been for 23 years.

That's really shit. Fuckwads. Sympathy. Hopefully the worst of it will polish out, although it looks properly scratched :cry:

it's pretty deep so won't polish out. Might be able to get it looking better with a mop if anyone has one I can borrow sometime?

FATHA_WATANABE has a leccy rotary mop and some G3 if you want to try that out. Good clean and then waz it on, see how it goes. Horrible that someone has actually taken the time to do that though.

In other news, this film I have to edit is going to be a fucking disaster.

Our idiot director hasn't left me a paper edit, despite me asking her three times for it before she went home. I've decided that if she continues to ignore me, I'm going to edit the damn thing together myself and write in block capitals on the evaluation that NO TREATMENT OR PAPER EDIT OF ANY SORT WAS SUPPLIED DESPITE ME ASKING SEVERAL TIMES. If she complains when seeing the finish piece I will kick the living shit out of her. I've made a formal complaint about her because I'm fuming. No doubt I'll get a roasting for saying 'harsh things' and 'being hurtful'.

She's constantly done next to nothing and her choice of shots are depressingly shit. The camera man's a bell end as well. In focus? Yeah. Rule of thirds? Erm, what's that? Half the shots jerk about all over the place because he's fighting the locks on the tripod. Despite me going on and on and on and on and on about wildtrack, we haven't got any. So that's no diegetic sound AT ALL. Great stuff, brilliant. We gonna put the interview and music over all of it then? Hmm? Hmm? Yeah, that's gonna sound BRILLIANT. :roll::roll::roll::roll:

I could have done better with a £100 handycam and a cup of coffee. It's shameful that ten grand's worth of equipment was used, in one of the most amazing locations in all of North Manchester, and those shots were the best we could come up with. Every suggestion I made was ignored. We don't have enough for six minutes and the sound is going to be a nightmare.

To borrow a Pete-M phrase, 'fucking heroic'.

It's now on me to spend the rest of my spare time after Christmas rescuing this piece of shit with virtually no tuition and not a great deal of support. I can see the producer and me putting this together and the other two being out of it completely.

Fantastic. If this affects my mark for this term I will go FUCKING APE SHIT.

I'm good thanx, few aches and pains and a mini flake out at the time.

Cars can be replaced. You cannot. Glad to hear you're in one piece - sadly, I think the car's done for. Any parts you can sell on to the VEGAN PINEAPPLE TRAINERS cru? Might as well make a few coins off the death of the poor thing.

Nasty that Simmo but at least you're ok. Take it you'll scrap the car now?

I did ask the insurance co. about reserving the salvage and I can if its a C or D cat write off but they are going to collect it to assess it so it may be to much of faff.

If I get it back I would break her up, its low milage and everything is in v good condition.

Remove as much as you can though, stuff such as the stereo etc, and jack/wheelbrace. If you are still feeling sore in the morning, get yourself to the local minor injuries, if not, a good soak in the bath & some anti inflammatory pain killers such as ibuprofen

Don't think we'll ever top this year's Christmas do. Part way through the meal, the Glorious Leader gets up, wishes us a Happy Christmas, and leaves. Somewhat confused by this, we get back to base later to find that she's done a deal and resigned.

She won't be missed.

Cav, that has never been the case I don't think. If the insurance company decide it's a total loss, it immediately becomes their property when the settlement happens. It wont be repairable anyway. The B pillar will be bent, the sill is well bent, and odds on so will the floor, and quite possibly the roof.

Don't you automatically get to keep the car if it's the other driver's fault?

Not sure but it sounds like if its an A or B cat they insist on it being destroyed

Felly thanx for the advise, do you make a habit of getting battered? I have prescribed myself a course of strong Belguim lager :)

Cav, that has never been the case I don't think. If the insurance company decide it's a total loss, it immediately becomes their property when the settlement happens. It wont be repairable anyway. The B pillar will be bent, the sill is well bent, and odds on so will the floor, and quite possibly the roof.

Damage wise the photo doesn't really do it justice the roof has gone and the passenger seat is leaning towards the driver's side so probably the floor as well, it drives OK though, apart from the excessive wind noise.

As a former PCV driver, accidents come part & parcel of the job, because too many knobends on the road cannot see something that is nigh on 9ft wide, almost 15ft high and 40 ft long, and lit up like a Christmas tree. And being deadly serious, booze is something you should be avoiding. One prang that happened to me was in Leeds City centre at a bus stop, when I was hit square on up the back by another bus. I was off work 3 weeks as the force of the impact threw me out of my seat.

As a former PCV driver, accidents come part & parcel of the job, because too many knobends on the road cannot see something that is nigh on 9ft wide, almost 15ft high and 40 ft long, and lit up like a Christmas tree. And being deadly serious, booze is something you should be avoiding. One prang that happened to me was in Leeds City centre at a bus stop, when I was hit square on up the back by another bus. I was off work 3 weeks as the force of the impact threw me out of my seat.

Oddly enough I've never had anyone run into me in 500,000 miles of truck driving. :?

Damage wise the photo doesn't really do it justice the roof has gone and the passenger seat is leaning towards the driver's side so probably the floor as well, it drives OK though, apart from the excessive wind noise.

That's an A or B then. Total loss, salvage only. Shame, as it looked tidy. All because some nugget wasn't paying attention.

Right for all the sarcastic people here, ONE) The OP has openly admitted they have a sore neck, and by the sounds hit his head on the B pillar which would account for the 'woosiness' they encountered. (minor concussion) and TWO) If it does not ease within a couple of days, they MUST seek medical advice. The spine isn't designed for sideways impacts at all. Side impacts have been proven to do more damage to the body in low speed accidents, and also there is less of the car structure wise to absorb the impact, than say for instance, a rear end shunt, plus the centre structure (passenger cell) is designed to be as rigid as possible in the floor/sill/roof, so the kinetic energy of the impact is passed on to the occupants, and not the car's structure in a side impact. Also there is nothing in place to stop the naturally occurring sideways movement of the neck upon impact, thus increasing the chance of injury. This is why most modern cars now come with curtain airbags, to try and prevent such an injury happening.

Looking at the photo, thankfully this seems to be a fairly low speed shunt, but it can still be enough to do permanent damage. If the car had been a left hooker, it is very possible that the OP would now be spending quite some time in a hospital bed, simply because he would have become part of the crumple zone.

As it happened at a roundabout too, the other party has about an 80% chance of being charged with driving without due care, which carries a minimum 3 points and a fine.

And re Mr Claim's saying he's never been arse ended whilst in a truck, well most of the miles a trucker does nowadays is on the motorway, whereas, bus driving is more in an urban/town/city centre environment, where traffic is much more dense, and the risk of accident increases, plus bus cabs aren't legally required to be fitted with seatbelts. And I may point out that one person was actually killed last year on a 40 mph road when they ploughed straight into a bus at a bus stop. This was in broad daylight on a Friday morning. The force of impact was so bad, it shattered the gearbox casing on the bus, and bent the chassis, and re that incident involving me, it was the second such incident involving the other driver, who was sacked thankfully. I've lost count of how many times I've also witnessed town & city centre accidents, including 2 fatal. Those 2 will stay with me forever.

My tip for everyone, is at least do a first aid course at some point in your life. You never know when you may need it.

Oh aye, so is it just a miracle I spent eight years doing countless thousands of miles driving (mostly) 7.5 tonners round rural and A-roads, village/town/city centres and never had a crash, as did (most of) my colleagues at the same place?

Traded going to the football Boxing Day with going out with the breadknife on New Years Eve. I fucking detest drinking in pubs/clubs on NYE, they're always full of dickheads/amateur drinkers and you end up paying over the odds for a shit drink in a shit pub.

My tip for everyone, is at least do a first aid course at some point in your life. You never know when you may need it.

I started a new job three months ago and on the induction they only teach 'self-aid' which I hadn't even heard of. I am a team leader so I thought first aid would be a must.