The grumpy thread

outlaw118

My printer has packed up. It's one of those Epson all-in-one printer/scanner jobbies that I paid about £40 for, so going on what was being said the other day about cheap printers it's probably to be expected, but it's still irritating as it's only 6 months old and hasn't really been used that much. It's making all the right noises but isn't pulling the paper through. I'm on a Ryanair flight over to my parents' for Christmas first thing Tuesday morning, so I've got to remember to print my boarding passes out at work tomorrow or I'll be dry bummed for a £40 "printing fee" by Mr. O'Leary's evil minions.

Google - Epson Service Centres and they should sort you out with a replacement with no trouble. :)

The ice last night appears to have got into the offside headlight of the Innocenti and separated the glass from the reflector - said glass promptly fell on the floor and smashed. I'm currently attempting to stick it back together (have given up on the shitty liquid "superglue" I bought from Tesco and am using a tube of Loctite all purpose adhesive which is doing a much better job), but what are the chances of it passing an MoT with a patched-up headlight lense? I have a feeling tracking down a replacement headlight would be a royal PITA.

Here you go WUV

http://www.ebay.it/itm/Fanale-anteriore ... 0362335694

Bought three packs of Castrol GTX from Asda direct last week (£20, reduced to £10, BARG!). Went to collect and they'd lost it. "Are you collecting car petrol?" Mongtards. Left empty handed. They promised to ring to let us know when we could collect. After a few days of oillessness I rang the help line to chase it up who then got in touch with the store who said i'd already collected it :roll: . After setting them straight they got in touch with the store again who now said they'd found it and it was ready to go. Went to collect tonight and, you guessed it. "sorry we can't find it" :x . Apparently they had a spillage last week and a load of it got wrecked. After 20 mins of faff they eventually found some on the shelf. Turns out its for sale IN STORE as well as online. So I could have just walked in and bought the frigging stuff first time around. I then had to wait another 10 mins for the thing to get authorised by the manager, who never appeared despite being called over the tannoy about a million times. Got the oil eventually, and a £5 voucher by way of an apology.

ASDA DIRECT IS SHIT.

Thats a good deal that - its £13 in Costco which is usually darn cheap for that sort of thing.

Tesco Direct is shite too, sometimes you have to brace yourself for arseache when getting the bargs I find.

What a shower of dog bummers, I reckon i'll pop into Asda in Crewe and see if I can take advantage of this offer though.

They still have full synthetic oil in Home Bargains for a tenner, usually the Nantwich store has it and the GJ retail park one sometimes does. It's good quality stuff but i can't remember the make off the top of my head.

Last time Home Bargains had oil in, it was Gulf-branded, so I'd say quite good stuff. However, my local one has morphed into a giant Chinese Christmas tat emporium, and there are only about 3 non-seasonal items in the entire store.

I am torn between using the shower of shit that are ASDA to get some GTX or just forgetting about it and buying more of the Morrisons own-brand stuff that's currently in the engine (also a tenner for 4 litres but that's just the regular price). Being an SL, it should be more than good enough for pre-2000 chod...shouldn't it?

Went to my weekend job's Xmas meal. It was one of those things where you get there and instantly realise you have nothing in common with them and thus feel completely out of place. The incident on my last shift where I went to the correct road but in the wrong town (the name of the town was not on the instructions but I didn't check it, so a 50/50 thing IMO) was brought up about 5 times in front of everyone. Being a rather loud and boisterous group you could also tell everyone else in the restaurant was getting annoyed by it and no one would leave, even after the staff switched the lights off. Since you can't be seen to be the first to leave, you have to wait for someone else to decide to call it a night.

So it was a pretty crap night and has left me thoroughly pissed off. Food was good though.

I'd be tempted to loosen the top as you walk from the aisle to the door, leaving an oily trail behind :twisted:

Yeah, that'll really piss-off Asda head-office types, won't it? :roll: You know who it will piss off? The minimum-wage cleaner whose job it is to sort out all the spills on the sales floor before anyone slips and breaks something. I know. I used to be that cleaner, in Tesco. You could eat off my floors.

Regarding works piss ups: You might not be able to pick who you work with, but can chose who you drink with. Backheeled many Christmas parties or (previous) works outings in the past as I'd rather have nailed my weapon of mass construction to the bog door and painted my knackers with radioactive waste than spend a few miserable hours in the company of snivellers, cliques and boring bastards.

Do you know, I honestly haven't really got a bad word to say about anybody I work with. Unbelievable, I know, but they're a cracking bunch. We've gone through the doldrums a bit but have purged a lot of the more questionable management types from our midst; I'm probably the worst of the lot remaining. Our Xmas pishup was excellent.

Sometimes my naievity suprises even me.

I remember a works Christmas do that ended up with the police involved big time. On the bus laid on to take everyone home, the driver stopped to pick up a mate & his bird (illegally I may add), and then someone already on the bus hated these people, and a punchup ensued. The Police turned up, several arrests were made including the 2 that were picked up, as it turned out they were both tagged. That was the end of the firm paying for any Christmas piss ups. There had been trouble in the past too, as one driver turned up with his 'mistress' in tow, and his wife also turned up. Thus catfight happened and that was another club who banned the firm!

As Billy says /\/\.....Works outings/meals etc are to be avoided at all costs, I get on well with my various fellow workers, but can't be arsed going out with them....

We wouldn't have a Christmas meal at my job even if it cost the boss a tenner. I was stunned I got a Christmas card from one of the managers. Even if we did have a do, I'd still end up taking everyone. Net result - I wouldn't go.

Can't say I miss them really - the last job's get together I went to was in a posh Manchester hotel, the food was shit, we had to pay £25 each and several colleagues were doing coke in the toilets. I remember being fairly trashed and walked up to Piccadilly and got the last tram home.

Our Xmas lunch is a several course French seafood extravaganz in Boulogne. A fun trip over, lengthy booze ridden lunch eventually followed by a quick troll round the alcohol isles generally ensures a well talked about day out.

Its fun -something we all look forward too. Highly recommended.

^^ That's because it's frequently all we have in common with colleagues, NC. I only went to a couple of works do's when I was in the Civil Service, as most of the people I worked with were backstabbing, cliquey cunts. One of the blokes (who was actually a right sort) was having the worst kept secret of an affair with a woman in our office, and duly they went to the knees-up together. His wife (a stunner) turned up unannounced and went APESHIT, chucking drinks around, the whole deal. I made a tactical withdrawal, and went to the pub in Belfast City Centre, despite having cider and blackcurrant in my hair from the previous incident.

These days, as a contractor, I mainly work on my own, but my job at the powerplant for Enelpower does see me working in a team which is mainly made up of Italians, the rest consisting of an Austrian, an Aussie, two Welshmen and me. In total contrast to the Civil Service cunts, all of these guys and gals are sound. We're known as The A Team :D

On Friday I went to the Northern Ireland Law Society soiree. Katie wasn't too well, so I went instead with her colleague and best mate Emily, who had no-one to go with.(Kate's idea, I hasten to add!) It started off civil enough, but fairly quickly descended into folks trying to settle old scores once they'd had a few. "When the drink's in the wit's out" as the saying goes. We got kind of cornered by a couple who were both pretty plastered, the woman trying to get my phone number and the fella very obviously trying to get a look down Emily's top.

I've never been so pleased to see a taxi driver come in to a place and shout "Taxi for Hill". We were glad to get home (Emily lives with us at the minute). When we got back and told Kate about it, she said "I must remember to be ill again next year" :D

My Christmas do was great other than me poisoning myself. Beer, vodka, champagne, pizzas, fireworks and chinese food.

I wasn't even the most steaming for once. We had a one guy not make it to the meal at night and another tell everyone how he loves his new girlfriend as her tiny hand make his cock look big.

Do you know, I honestly haven't really got a bad word to say about anybody I work with. Unbelievable, I know, but they're a cracking bunch. We've gone through the doldrums a bit but have purged a lot of the more questionable management types from our midst; I'm probably the worst of the lot remaining. Our Xmas pishup was excellent.

Must admit, I've worked at a few places that have boasted an excellent team spirit and a great social scene outside work too. Some of them have been the shittiest jobs, where the team spirit is about all that stops you reaching for the safety scissors to end it all (and then discover that safety scissors are so called for a reason). One of them was a gas supplier. Those were great days. One girl left, and the whole thing sort of fell apart after that. A truly unique chemistry just sort of fizzled out.

Just got hit by some fucking arse munching twat on a bicycle. I was on a pedestrian crossing, he undertook a line of cars to go through the red light. With no lights on, in the dark. Then rode straight on with out stopping. FuckingshitsuckingbollockwankjizzpissdonkeyflapsTWATtosser. I FUCKING HATE SHITHEADS ON BICYCLES. I REALLY FUCKING DO.

No injuries but I'm REALLY FUCKING ANGRY. And I hardly ever get angry, or swear in writing.

God bless Autoshite though - the missus is in Wales and I'm in London (where else would I find a SHIT EATING FUCKMUPPET like that) and this is the only place I can think of where I can get it out of my system without upsetting the neighbours or having some pissant moderator tut tutting.

Thanks. Feel better now. Right, carry on.