The grumpy thread

outlaw118

Alternatively, just stick it out for now (it's part time anyway, right?) and look for something better.

Walking from a job because you don't get a break is mad. Take a break anyway. If they kick off just point out that you're not a machine and that they take breaks, why can't you?

Sensible words.

Alternatively, just stick it out for now (it's part time anyway, right?) and look for something better.

Walking from a job because you don't get a break is mad. Take a break anyway. If they kick off just point out that you're not a machine and that they take breaks, why can't you?

Mate, it's fine - I'm not going anywhere. I was feeling RANCID last night and more or less had a problem with everything. If my stomach could have been on the rag, then that's what happened.

Bleugh.

Went to look at an advertised 1985 Yamaha RD250 LC. Not far away either. So I rocked up with slightly less than the asking price in readies and my mate Scotty to ride the thing home. It was a RD125. Either that, or one of the cylinders had fallen off! Dumbass seller.

.....then take those breaks. If your new employer objects, mention that you'll can easily report the fucker for even the slightest infraction of employment laws. He may not like you much after this, but if you've already decided you 'can't hack it' you may as well rub his nose in his own mistakes for a while. He can't fire you without a proper, genuine reason after giving you warnings, lest you do him for unfair dismissal.

AFAIK you have to work somewhere for more than a year to be subjected to the statutory dismissal rules, i.e verbal warning, written warning, give boss handjob e.t.c. If you have worked somewhere for less than a year they can get shot of you with no reason whatsoever.

He was after £1250, I had 1200 on me and was going in at 1100 for openers. It was a nice enough wee machine, but I'm downsizing from a 750 and didn't want to downsize that much. TBH, I'd rather maybe go for a 400, but I had a 250LC years ago, and the rose tinted specs were on. An RD 400 would be nice, but they tend to be big £££, and trying to find and RD500 that isn't a King's ransom or a race bike is nigh on impossible.

I promised myself I'd never have another Kawasaki, as all the ones I've had have been shit, and inevitably there's a load of Kwakkers available locally.

Now hunting a VF500 FII 8)

^^As it should be for the entire period of employment. I should be able to fire someone who works for me if they fail to comb their hair, wear polka dots when I prefer stripes, or if I'm simply moody one day. Ohio is an employment at will state. You don't need a "valid" reason to fire someone. Hey, it's not a marriage. It's a job. You'll leave whenever you want. Why shouldn't the employer enjoy the same freedom as you?

Yeah, that's fucking stupid, and is pretty much the only reason I won't live in the States. California is the same way. One of the most horrendous laws I've heard of, I had no idea it was like that before I went over there this year.

He was after £1250, I had 1200 on me and was going in at 1100 for openers. It was a nice enough wee machine, but I'm downsizing from a 750 and didn't want to downsize that much. TBH, I'd rather maybe go for a 400, but I had a 250LC years ago, and the rose tinted specs were on. An RD 400 would be nice, but they tend to be big £££, and trying to find and RD500 that isn't a King's ransom or a race bike is nigh on impossible.

I promised myself I'd never have another Kawasaki, as all the ones I've had have been shit, and inevitably there's a load of Kwakkers available locally.

Having today seen the prices a decent RG500 can fetch I'm not surprised 'lesser' RDs are making good coin. How about a KH250 (I know you don't like Kwaks, but they're fantastic fun) or an X7 or RGV250?

Been giving serious consideration to an RGV or Aprilia RS125 or 250 and you just know they're sleeping giants in the money stakes.

I had a KH250 (after having a KH125 and a KZ400). KH250 didn't like keeping ignition timing. ISTR briefly owning something called a Scorpion which had what looked like a timing belt instead of a chain. I bought a brand new GPX 250 in 1990, and the engine seized @ about 1000 miles, and the cheeky cunt at the dealer said "You'll not have much oil round the top end when it's on the back wheel".

BTW, is an RG not a Suzuki, Billy?

A nice "grey" 400 'Blade would do, too

honda_cbr400_fireblade_1993_2.jpg

It is indeed mucker, so is the X7 I just forgot to add that :D

Had a couple of Kawasaki Z400 twins, never got on with them though. Ditto Yamaha RDs (1x250, 2 or 3x200s and a couple of 125 twins) as always found them too unreliable, though the 250E with LC pipes was bloody fast.

8) Theres a really tidy one of those over here mmmmmmmm.

Not that you need any recommendations but what about a miniature RC30 the NC30 VFR400? get one before they go stupid as only the obsessed/loaded/lucky few buy up all the RC30s

vfr400.jpg

edited to add just realised you might struggle at £1100.

It is indeed mucker, so is the X7 I just forgot to add that :D

Had a couple of Kawasaki Z400 twins, never got on with them though. Ditto Yamaha RDs (1x250, 2 or 3x200s and a couple of 125 twins) as always found them too unreliable, though the 250E with LC pipes was bloody fast.

Lat time I rode an X7 it tried to kill me... Jap frame geometry wasn't at its best in the 1970s/80s. Lovely stroker engines though, with a nice prehistoric power step unlike more modern variable port efforts.

ISTR briefly owning something called a Scorpion which had what looked like a timing belt instead of a chain.

I had one of those years ago - a Z250 Scorpion. Lovely little bike - handled and went so much better than the 250 Wet Dream I had before it. Belt drive was a good idea too I thought - less maintenance than a chain and without the snatchiness of a shaft, although it did make a thoroughly irritating squeaking noise when pushing the bike with the engine off.

Didn't they bore the 250 out a bit and make a (GPZ?)305 with a belt drive?

The 250N Superdream was a blinding town/short-medium hauler as they had enough poke to get you about and were good on fuel plus reasonably pleasant to ride. Still haven't found a (four stroke) 125 as good as the CG either, bloody brilliant little things and nothing short of amazing (better than a C90) on fuel.

The builders have fixed my swimming pool, and the tanker's been (3 trips) to fill it, all at my landlord's expense. Wrong thread? Not a bit of it! Now I'll have to get my pool-cleaning contractor back, at 110 euros per month which I really haven't got and can't spare...

The builders have fixed my swimming pool, and the tanker's been (3 trips) to fill it, all at my landlord's expense. Wrong thread? Not a bit of it! Now I'll have to get my pool-cleaning contractor back, at 110 euros per month which I really haven't got and can't spare...

That's a very ex-pat problem you have there Eddy. Still must be a ball ache, mind.

I'm such a nob, I've just sold my PS3 as I hardly ever use it and it gets really noisy once it starts getting hot so I decided to buy a decent blu-ray DVD player instead.

After days of doing my homework on the internet i decided to buy one with built in WiFi and with the BBC iPlayer, So i go out this afternoon around the electrical stores see what they had, i end up in Currys and see a nice Panasonic one (DMP-BDT210) and buy it, get home and plug it in only to find it hasn't got the BBC iPlayer, I know this seems a little trivial but after spending nealy £170 on a bloody DVD player i expected it to have it like all the others makes have. I guess i can't take it back neither as it's been opened and used now as well. :roll:

I almost squashed a cyclist this morning. Proper shook me up, I was turning left at a set of lights, second car in the queue. As I moved forward indicating left and just starting to turn a twit on a racing bike passed me on the nearside, then turned right across my path :o If I hadn't glanced in the passenger mirror and slammed the brake I would have run him over. He was wearing a hi-viz and a helmet though, so I suppose he's invunerable.

Then I got to work to discover the MoT computer was down, Mick was in a flap and there were 3 people standing around waiting for tests :( Grrr.