The grumpy thread

outlaw118

Suggest me up a price then please gents!

It's a 2001 3 door hardback GS freelander TD4. 95K miles, Tax November, test March 2012. No service history after 64K.

Defects are:

Clonk on front wheel which will be another suspension bush as the idiot has been only replacing them 1 at a time instead of doing it right.

Door central locking solenoids are knackered so only locks on the remote.

Handbrake is crap, prolly needs new cables.

Scratches down sides, and the odd dent consistent with a woman who doesn't give a sh*t.

I had it listed @ £1500, as ones with major problems make round that. Too high?

Seems about right to be honest. CAP Trade-in valuation is showing as £1745 if it's a Y Plate but their prices are a bit more inconsistant as the cars get older. Your one seems to have a few issues that may put normos off although it has got decent mot.

I'd get it on ebay buyit now for £1495 with best offers and take anything over £1300. Also stick on gumtree and pistonhead and you never know and it don't cost owt.

Just north of the city centre, near/at the A61/A6109 junction. Nowt wrong with building a new store, but this is a fucking monster in terms of size.

Ah, my mate at work who lives in Burngreave was having a winge about that one just this morning. Not ten minutes after I forwarded him news of the newest Tesco 5p off fuel when you buy tuna deal and he had a good winge about there not being any big tescos with fuel anywhere near his house.

I also see they're building one next door to Morrisons at Halfway, which will be fucking ace for me as long as it doesn't further clog up Eckington road, cos that's the way I got to Stoke on Saturdays. Having just looked at the planning docs, they don't anticipate much traffic increase as:

A significant amount of traffic would be trade draw from the nearby Morrisons food store.
:lol::lol:

Hussar! :mrgreen:

Edit: WTF is this, Sheffield big shop chat? Have one of these. Sorry.

a8985e770dd3c77755affb7101ea1772.wix_mp

Suggest me up a price then please gents!

It's a 2001 3 door hardback GS freelander TD4. 95K miles, Tax November, test March 2012. No service history after 64K.

Defects are:

Clonk on front wheel which will be another suspension bush as the idiot has been only replacing them 1 at a time instead of doing it right.

Door central locking solenoids are knackered so only locks on the remote.

Handbrake is crap, prolly needs new cables.

Scratches down sides, and the odd dent consistent with a woman who doesn't give a sh*t.

I had it listed @ £1500, as ones with major problems make round that. Too high?

If it's capping at £1745 I'd honestly suggest the following: Wait for the rain to come again, take it down the lanes, wheelspin in/out of field entrances (ideally in 2WD if you have that option on a Freeloader) then take it down the car auctions and bang a reserve of about £1350 on it.

O.k you'll get a bit of a bumming with fees but it shouldn't be too exhorbitant and once it's gone, it's gone.

My main grump of today (or yesterday to be precise) is Tesco. Of course, I dislike them quite intensely and try to avoid shopping there, but I've just realised that they are building a gigantic monster of a store-shopping centre just outside the city centre. There is nothing else like it (the "out of town" shopping is out of town, and more centrally you get Aldi for staples and Waitrose for exotic items) and it is guaranteed to take a bit of soul out of Sheffield. It's not like we're short of industrial wasteland a tiny bit further out of town... :evil:

Wait, where they building that? Ace. The one at Abbeydale is a right treck for me and I like tesco.

they are on a building splurge at the moment.... they are building two stores here..one is a former safeways site which will become a tesco express....and the other is going to become the largest tesco store in europe...complete with school, houses, shopping mall...etc

and i like them....because they give me money every 4 weeks :lol:

Slightly less grumpy now as a man from Poland has just paid £1375 and the freelander is gone. Still got a bit of a grump as idiot girl is now whining that it was worth more. Quick sale or more money, choose you muppet!

Ebay. AGAIN :roll:

A couple of weeks ago one of the window regulators on the Octavia gave up and the window has been wedged in place by folded up bits of road atlas front cover ever since.

Sourced a replacement on ebay 99p start, no reserve.

I bid £20 on it, but at the auction end I was the only bidder so it was mine for 99p (+£10 p+p).

14 days later, no regulator, no reply to my emails, paypal say its too early for a dispute.

Check the seller (just-scrap-it1980) 's feedback and it doesn't look good.

Don't people understand the concept of an auction?!

Ebay. AGAIN :roll:

A couple of weeks ago one of the window regulators on the Octavia gave up and the window has been wedged in place by folded up bits of road atlas front cover ever since.

Sourced a replacement on ebay 99p start, no reserve.

I bid £20 on it, but at the auction end I was the only bidder so it was mine for 99p (+£10 p+p).

14 days later, no regulator, no reply to my emails, paypal say its too early for a dispute.

Check the seller (just-scrap-it1980) 's feedback and it doesn't look good.

Don't people understand the concept of an auction?!

Thats because it's not been sold for umpteem pounds, you'll may get a reply saying its been stolen or the dogs eaten it, thats the sort of responses I use to get when something had me as the only bidder.

carrying on the ebay theme... why is the fucking muppet that ripped me off still being allowed to sell items on ebay but my main account remains closed??

maybe its because he sells so many phones on there and ebay are scared to lose their fees...

but revenge is coming!! i am gonna buy the twats most expensive phone then cancel payment and keep it until he sorts out returning the bits he stole from me :twisted:

Continuing with the '98% of Volvo forum users are mongs' theme:

1. VOC member wants the impact box from the back bumper but not the bumper itself. Can I cut it off and send it him? He'll give me a tenner. How kind. Instead, how about FUCK OFF? What the frig is it about 480 bumpers that brings all the fuds out of the woodwork?

2. VOC member wants the luggage cover hooks off the breaker S, but not the panels themselves 'because they'll be too expensive'. His price? FIVE WHOLE POUNDS.

Wow. Just. Fucking. Wow.

It's going over the bridge of doom as soon as I can entice Pete-M out of Liverpool with some special green.

I've had a few offers to 'split' items, which would leave me with stuff I could never sell (ie. foglights from a bumper) and about 30 quid in my pocket.

Why are people so frigging THICK - it's only funny in hindsight; extremely annoying at the time though.

Its scary as fuck is what it is.

Yes, as said in that thread, most steering effort is exerted during slow manoeuvres IE parking and such, but its still well scary.

Which is why Im never going to use the mountney I have at home on escRot again and stick to either the stock wheel or my chain-link one :lol:

http://www.piaggio-scooters.co.uk/uk/scooters/mp3/300ie-lt/

£5k for a 125 scooter with an extra wheel....no thank you.

Ha ha. I was looking at the 125cc version today. Trying to find a new scooter and mrs MO seems to like the vespas.

Good call. If she likes geared ones there's a new PX125 styled one out again now. For sheer fun the Italians make some wonderful two stroke scooters.

This isn't really a Grump, but we don't have a 'mildly frustrated' thread, so this will have to do.

As is so often the way, as soon as I buy something, lots of very tempting cars come onto the market. There's a £300 Xantia but now also a couple of very affordable (if you haven't just blown all your money on a Range Rover) BX turbo diesels - which would be even better for covering mileage than the Saab.

Am I just rubbish at finding the right car when I have money available, or do these things deliberately creep up when a deal has already been done?

Alternatively, why can't I just admit that the perfect car doesn't actually exist and be happy with what I've got?

AOL!!!! :shock: i have had every fucking router box in existance from you and still the fucking thing cuts me off or cant pick up a signal or its saying im not connected to the t'web when quite fuggin clearly i am :roll:

and i am paying for this shite that has been happening for almost 2 fuggin yrs now

NO i don't want 3 months internet free... i just want you to sort this problem or i will go elsewhere!

this has got be the shitiest internet provider since the web began..... i am @ "fuggin throttling someone" stage if i knew where their head office was... please if anyone can recomend a new provider please let me know

....... and breathe

...As is so often the way, as soon as I buy something, lots of very tempting cars come onto the market. There's a £300 Xantia but now also a couple of very affordable (if you haven't just blown all your money on a Range Rover) BX turbo diesels - which would be even better for covering mileage than the Saab...

Ian, didn't you just SELL a BeeArks diseasel...? :?

I've been with Be for about 5 years. Any problems? No.

Unlimited (and I DO mean unlimited) 24MB (get 12-14MB) costs £22 per month. Consistent speeds, no drop-outs.

Is it fancy? Nope. No extras at all, just Broadband.

Does it work? Absolutely.