The grumpy thread

outlaw118

So far Billy I've had lots of text and phone call offers of £1800 but no-ones made the effort of coming round to see it (Apart from that one guy who bought it then got killed).

My next port of action will be autotrader but that's £33 to list for two weeks, I've already spend £30 listing it on ebay for 2 months, This weekend is a free listing weekend so I'm a bit tempted to stick on the bay as a auction but with a reserve of £2000, Trouble is you just know I'll get messed around again.

Autotrader usually sorts out the weeds from the chaff. I'd say the hit rate of decent, genuine punters compared to morons is usually about 70/30 in favour of decent people. Also it goes on the web as well as the magazine and quite often cars attract interest from a large area, not just within about 50 miles. Obv. there's no guarantee it will sell but I'd honestly say it's about the best advertising medium.

Guest Leonard Hatred

For the benefit of Mr Trigger

Dear Sir,

Let's face it, every forum the world over has, at the very least, one person playing the miserable, nasty, rude old curmudgeon, this forum has you.

Naturally, with such a low post count, i fully expect to be viewed with suspicion, hey, I MAY be accepted once I've hit the magic "6000" posts, then again, I may not. Hey fucking ho and all that.

In any case, if people wish to respond to my posts, they will, if they do not wish to, they won't. It's life, I won't be slitting my throat.

To you, Mr. Trigger, you can kiss my arse, I couldn't give a shit.

Yours Sincerely and all that.

What I don't get is the bit where it seems one person can say 'stop replying to shit threads as you're helping ruin the place' but yet replies themselves with random pictures and the odd message saying along the lines of 'stop replying FFS', therefore doing the exact opposite of what they're extolling. I would be inclined to think this is where the 'I've been here longer than you/have a bigger post count' mentaily comes to the fore.

Do as I say, not do as I do?

Guest Leonard Hatred

I think you'll find most of my posts are sarcastic responses to "What Car Should I Buy?" threads as well as some dry, laconic, badly worded, grammatically dubious comments and questions about cars.

I think you'll find most of my posts are sarcastic responses to "What Car Should I Buy?" threads as well as some dry, laconic, badly worded, grammatically dubious comments and questions about cars.

So I can't run my MX-3 on oatmeal then?

Bollocks.

Going to the scrappy for the first time in years. That didn't make me grump; bending my good-ish T-bar and my cheapo 1/2" ratchet, and finding my good 1/2" ratchet's posted MIA did.

While trying to remove a wheel bolt. Just the one - the one holding on the wheel of the Meg whose hub I desired. Gave up, had a grump and whipped some lesser bits off an immaculate Meg nearby. Isn't it a tiny bit depressing, when the victim car's in 10x better nick than the one you drove in? :lol:

I'll go back armed. It's either that or lashing out the quoted £160 to get it changed. I will prevail, or there'll be a bastard of a grump on.

What I don't get is the bit where it seems one person can say 'stop replying to shit threads as you're helping ruin the place' but yet replies themselves with random pictures and the odd message saying along the lines of 'stop replying FFS', therefore doing the exact opposite of what they're extolling. I would be inclined to think this is where the 'I've been here longer than you/have a bigger post count' mentaily comes to the fore.

Do as I say, not do as I do?

thats probably me I guess.

I've probably got a high post count due to being on here a long time. However, nowadays I just despair at the huge volume of shit posts that chucked up by the same half-dozen members day after day after fucking day. Its become A.N Other internet chat room. You have to read about 40 posts before you find one with any actual information in it. it tells you a lot that the grump thread has got more posts in it than any other, folk just witter on all day about anything that comes into their head. Someone might say some utterly forgettable observation, like 'the ashtray in my dads cortina was always full of sticky sweets', then you get the same hardcore chatters posting up 5 pages of replies discussing 'ashtrays they have known' for the next 48 hours.

At the end of the day if folk want to chat all day on here, who am I to stop them, they should go right ahead. i'm just saying the forum is seriously fucking boring nowadays. Len's rather ascerbic observations are generally accurate IMO and it wasnt mikey who poated up 15 pages of 'PU51 DRY' dog shit, it was half-witted forum members who just are unable to prevent their out-of-control keyboard fingers knocking out post after post of INANE SHIT.

We love taking the piss out of R-R on here for their iron-fist moderation, but 'PU51 DRY-gate' shows we are totally incapable of moderating ourselves. MODS! OMG 999 EMERGENCY HELP! COME AND DELETE THIS THREAD THAT WE ARE UNABLE STOP OURSELVES FROM SHOVELLING HUNDREDS OF TONS OF SHIT INTO!

Today I got warned by a security guard at the Meadows in Sandhurst/Camberley to stop taking photos in the car park as the buildings are private property. When I was stopped (and searched) by the Police a few months back (in Oxford) as to why I was doing that, they were fine with it and only checked because they had seen a lot of trouble in said area in the past, but clearly I wasn't doing anything wrong. I got the impression that going to the Meadows again with a camera may result in me getting banned....

I have never been caught by anyone owning a car taking photos, just the Police and Security services, what great luck.

And two more things, my new camera does fine, apart from its MASSIVE tendency to blur only the left handside of photos. Why does it do this?! The detail is crisp all over and then, more often than not, it just goes all blurred about a fifth of the way from the end of the photo, on the left.

Oh and for the record, I agree with what B0L said, hence why I rarely post, and generally keep my posts to my spotted thread.

THE TRUTH

I remember a time when all arguments here were solved by that picture of your shiny head/ wooly jumper. Good times.

You know what though Boll, so few people here seem concerned with posting anything car related (and actually interesting) maybe you can take up the challenge eh? What happened to your series of translated froggy articles? I saw you cross posted them to R-R and received possibly the most twattish response to anything I've ever seen on a forum. Hope that didn't put you off as I for one appreciated all that effort.

I'm at a bit of a disadvantage over here otherwise I'd be knocking up some mega niche interest blurb on cars no one has heard of/cares about. I'll get on that as soon as I get back home.

I know sometimes it doesn't seem worth the effort if no one else is posting anything but shit, but usually when one person makes the effort others will pull their fingers out and start contributing....

Snapped a Husky van outside a police station the other day. Bit of a cheap thrill, but no trouble. The only trouble I've ever had taking photos was in/around/near scrappys. Of anybody, you'd think they'd be the most positive about "Yeah, I'm gonna post the pics on a forum where we love shit cars to a ridiculous degree" You'd expect to see £££££ roll across their eyes, wouldn't you? :roll:

Presumably it's because they don't want their reputation for honesty and godliness to be questioned.

What happened to your series of translated froggy articles? I saw you cross posted them to R-R and received possibly the most twattish response to anything I've ever seen on a forum. Hope that didn't put you off as I for one appreciated all that effort.

I missed that, what got said?, I enjoyed reading those articles.

I know sometimes it doesn't seem worth the effort if no one else is posting anything but shit, but usually when one person makes the effort others will pull their fingers out and start contributing....

I think we all are guilty of posting dwoddle, I know i do at times, Sadly i don't have much to contribute unless people want me to post up more of my road test scans (which i really need to start scanning again), I just like reading the funny stories and looking at the shite cars people find to post.

I think we all are guilty of posting dwoddle, I know i do at times, Sadly i don't have much to contribute unless people want me to post up more of my road test scans (which i really need to start scanning again), I just like reading the funny stories and looking at the shite cars people find to post.

Zackly.

We want CHOD!!!

my new camera does fine, apart from its MASSIVE tendency to blur only the left handside of photos. Why does it do this?! The detail is crisp all over and then, more often than not, it just goes all blurred about a fifth of the way from the end of the photo, on the left.

Can you post up an example of this? Unless you are getting a hand too close to the lens it sounds like a manufacturing fault to me. Do the Flickr search thing again and see if anybody else has the same problem.

I struggle to find much 'shite' to write about as I see so little of interest here. I'm not one for spotting stuff (I'm usually driving which makes photography difficult) and this week, I've barely driven my own cars. When I was commuting in them, stuff went wrong. Hmmmm. Material!

I struggle to find much 'shite' to write about as I see so little of interest here. I'm not one for spotting stuff (I'm usually driving which makes photography difficult) and this week, I've barely driven my own cars. When I was commuting in them, stuff went wrong. Hmmmm. Material!

Just bundle your OAPs/yoof into the 2CV instead of the minibus!

It's an idea Seth, especially as I'm transporting a total of 3 kids on my 15 seater bus this afternoon. Sadly, the authorities might not take kindly to my attempts to educate youngsters in the ways of autoshite. Might try and arrange a school visit at some point though. A lot of car clubs do it and I think it's a great idea.

Norm - I was living in a rural place before. It's the switch to working from home that's the pain in the arse. Gone is 50 miles of daily commute. Maybe I should just plan another roadtrip instead. I quite fancy a trip to Finland. That could get expensive though...

Norm - I was living in a rural place before. It's the switch to working from home that's the pain in the arse. Gone is 50 miles of daily commute. Maybe I should just plan another roadtrip instead. I quite fancy a trip to Finland. That could get expensive though...

Go to Poland...much cheaper, and a fair amount of shite still about...

Go to Poland...much cheaper, and a fair amount of shite still about...

Apparently a very favourable female/male ratio as well, since the men are OVER HERE TAKIN UR JOBS THEY SHUD SEND EM BACK WHERE THEY CAME FROM. THERE AINT NO RED OR WHITE IN THE UNIUN JACK!!!!

We have more than oil, we have bothies and shortbread and oatcakes.

All deep fried in batter! Yummy!!!!

I think all the unionists out there need to remember that an independent Scotland means we can buy an £800 Impretzel, drive to Berwick upon Tweed, give the finger to the rozzers and race the police to the Scots border.