The grumpy thread

outlaw118

THE BIRDS

Watanabesoddysee, I reckon what you need to do is be a bit more uncool and ridiculous. Seriously now! I tried to pretend to be faintly normal in front of birds and it never worked. Yet if I stroll around town in an arrogant fashion, dressed a bit like one of the council employees from Threads, there are substantial gains from the "HOT MILF" demographic. Sort it out!

get new stuff.

Fuck no! The reason one has old stuff is because it's better than new. "Shite" doesn't just have to apply to your car, you know! I have some really old stuff that I'm rather fond of, and I'm quite certain others have too. New stuff indeed, are you made of money?

I have some really old stuff that I'm rather fond of

How is "different stuff" an improvement on "stuff I'm fond of" and especially, how will getting "different stuff" not involve something resembling a domestic-stuff-based scrappage scam, costing the consumer a bucket of money for no discernible benefit?

Your existing stuff is fucked thanks to your neighbour setting his house ablaze. I suggest getting some new stuff. You dont want new stuff cos new stuff is not as good as old stuff. i suggets getting different stuff, not necessarily new stuff but stuff different to your own existing stuff in that it does not stink of fire. What is the problem.

I knew singing the praises of Footman James was going to come back and bite me in the arse. Incidentally LBAU, they would have quoted you on that 605 and given you a discount if you were a member of the Peugeot Owners' Club.

Only checked the thread now, and saw the bit about the owners' club. I've had a look at their website, and they do seem a bit cocky- not quite like Volvo OC or the ORIGANAL CORTINA MK158 CLUB, but still not very friendly. Have you had any experience with them- is it worth joining, or will I just get a 10 pound insurance discount after having spent 25 quid on a bunch of freaks who will make fun of me because my car will be OMG MODDED (autogas conversion)??

I knew singing the praises of Footman James was going to come back and bite me in the arse. Incidentally LBAU, they would have quoted you on that 605 and given you a discount if you were a member of the Peugeot Owners' Club.

Only checked the thread now, and saw the bit about the owners' club. I've had a look at their website, and they do seem a bit cocky- not quite like Volvo OC or the ORIGANAL CORTINA MK158 CLUB, but still not very friendly. Have you had any experience with them- is it worth joining, or will I just get a 10 pound insurance discount after having spent 25 quid on a bunch of freaks who will make fun of me because my car will be OMG MODDED (autogas conversion)??

Not sure, they didn't give me a massive discount (£12.50) being a VOC member for the 480 \ Amazon but they are scripted to ask you if \ when you get through. It has to be on an 'approved' list they have as well, they argued that the IPTOC wasn't an official club when I had my Piazza. I told Clive and he laughed his arse off.........

The OC will be useful for bits and technical know how. Just try not to let forum politics \ e-idiocy \ photo competitions get you down. The VOC forum has been destroyed and rebuilt because of the former once before. Amongst the defamation cases and 'disaffected members' enmity, I think we ended up with a better forum.

But that mong from London still posts on it, and never reads anything I write when have stuff up for sale.

If you want some feedback on the Peugeot OC, it might be worth PMing Dieselnutjob (Phil). He has a 604 and I *think* he's a member.

Bollocks. It's raining cats and dogs, and I was going to do Meg's hub in the morning.

Funder and lightening here- just walked home from the Leigion in it, after falling about laughing at various MILFs dancing round a curly headed bloke who seemingly had a Lexus in the car park,when all the locals know it belongs to the Indian restaurant ownr next door. Saw a Mk1 Fezza supersport on the long wet walk home too, would have snapped it but was listening to KC and the sunshine band on me phone,and tipsy fingers were too fumbled to press Nokia .Arse. Guiness-Yum. Ams i old?

Sat in all sodding morning waiting for a lift from someone to a couple of places to collect cars and he's gone out somewhere. Just about to walk the six miles or so to get one of them and it's started pissing down.

Bollocks. It's raining cats and dogs, and I was going to do Meg's hub in the morning.

Funder and lightening here- just walked home from the Leigion in it, after falling about laughing at various MILFs dancing round a curly headed bloke who seemingly had a Lexus in the car park,when all the locals know it belongs to the Indian restaurant ownr next door. Saw a Mk1 Fezza supersport on the long wet walk home too, would have snapped it but was listening to KC and the sunshine band on me phone,and tipsy fingers were too fumbled to press Nokia .Arse. Guiness-Yum. Ams i old?

Only as old as you feel, squire, etc! You did leave yourself a fair old trek, did the beer scooter come out to play? :lol: Wonder if it's possible to get the beer goggles for autoshite?

Spent all day trying to sync my Ipod up using that monstrously fucking god-awful ITunes (no other software does videos), to discover it's wiped it for the third time. What kind of retard uses this piece of shit? Or in fact designs it? 15,000 songs and 30 videos, that's another hour trying to use it.

Apple users are fucking morons who love being taken up the arse.

I got an ipod as a present a few years ago, I managed about half an hour of the itunes abortion taking the piss out of me before I threw it in a drawer where it can rot, ipods are a good example of marketing in its most sinister form.

Our perfect property has just come on the market. Only a little 2 bed place but theres a newly built annexe in the decent sized garden that would make a perfect room for my work and a two car garage with off street parking (behind a gate off an access road) for about 3 more cars. Its not very far from where we are now and we walk past it often. Anyone got £650,000 to spare? Either that or could you please orchestrate a housing price crash. Cheers.

Really busy day at work, mostly friendly and easy to get on with customers. Bar one person. And of course, as usual, it was an iPhone owner. I myself own one, but this guy was ridiculous, first of all he was miffed he had got back a refurb phone as a replacement, which is standard practice for handsets replaced through warranty issues. They are pristine ones though, you don't get sent one someone has played table tennis with down the stairs with. Then he got (seriously) annoyed that it didn't mean his warranty was re-extended to 12 months. The standard procedure with the iPhone (and most other products) is that the phone is covered by a manufacturers warranty of 12 months from the time of purchase, and that if he had six months left on from the time of the replacement, that is how much remained. But no, apparently it is our fault Apple do this. It basically ended up with him refusing to take his phone back and keeping a hold of the crap loan phone. Admittedly though, they will void the warranty for the smallest bit of handset damage, which is really annoying, but we can't do anything about that, due to Apple not letting anyone else repair their phones. Oh and the other new guy is useless, he took a phone call from someone earlier, and wrote down the persons name. Great, did he get the number too? Nope.

Our perfect property has just come on the market. Only a little 2 bed place but theres a newly built annexe in the decent sized garden that would make a perfect room for my work and a two car garage with off street parking (behind a gate off an access road) for about 3 more cars. Its not very far from where we are now and we walk past it often. Anyone got £650,000 to spare? Either that or could you please orchestrate a housing price crash. Cheers.

Seriously now, how much is the rent on such a place?

If you use 5% as the minimum annual yield that would make buying seem half-sensible vis-a-vis renting, 5% of £650,000 is £32,500. That works out at just over £2,700 a month. Even in London, I can't believe the rent for a 2-bed place is anywhere near that, therefore buying would just be a waste of money (unless of course you're in the all-too-common situation of financial logic not getting you very far with a female who's got her eyes on something- "ok, I know this is going to cost us an extra 3 grand per year, for the next 15 years, but you were the one who spent £650 on that Wartburg").

Well, its kinda a three bed as the annexe is currently set up as a bedroom and has its own bathroom.

Just had a quick look and found a three bed end terrace on not quite as a nice a road and without any off street parking or garage (and in fact within a parking permit area) for £695 a week.

Well, its kinda a three bed as the annexe is currently set up as a bedroom and has its own bathroom.

Just had a quick look and found a three bed end terrace on not quite as a nice a road and without any off street parking or garage (and in fact within a parking permit area) for £695 a week.

That's crazy stuff- I like how they quote the weekly rental (as opposed to 'PCM' which has become the standard in the rest of the country) in order to make it look like a sensible amount of money! :shock:

Still, I would be scared shitless of making such a massive bet against house prices falling, especially if I had to bet with borrowed money....