The grumpy thread

outlaw118

Ordered some Prestone de-icer from amazon on the 5th after a frosty spell and the spray I thought I had turned out to be carburettor cleaner. I have yet to receive the order, but have had two “rate your order” emails. Apparently it’s already been to Portsmouth and back to Milton Keynes.

Bureaucracy.....

”Hello, I am travelling to New Zealand in five days and despite several calls and chasers I haven’t had my approved visa transferred to my new passport yet.  I was advised to call to request an urgent process today so can I request that?”

”Yeah, nah sorry no, you can’t request an urgent unless you have 48 hours or less before you travel”

”Well can’t we get it in motion?  I am worried if I call with 48 hours notice someone else will tell me it’s too late”

”Nope, sorry, rules, etc”

”So if I get to the airport with my visa linked to my lost passport, my passport won’t match the number on the visa so that’s gonna be a problem yes?  Won’t the Immigration man refuse me entry to the flight so I am separated from my family over Christmas and stranded homeless in the UK without any of my possessions as they would have been shipped?”

”Yeah, fingers crossed for you there mate, it will probably be alright”

Probably be alright.  

it’s not going to be alright is it?

10 hours ago, Soundwave said:

Hermes dumping a package on my doorstep looking like this. Fortunately none of the contents are broken or missing, more by luck than judgement! 

20201109_122442.jpg

Not trying to defend Hermes because we all know by the sound of it they have fuckwits all over the country working for them....

But if a box can crush that much the sender is as much to blame because they obviously haven't padded it out sufficiently. 

My mate buys and sells brake calipers and he had a package turn up the other day in the same sort of condition, it had 2 discs and 2 calipers, nothing individually wrapped, obviously overweight and an obviously well used old box, everything battered to fk and hanging out the sides, you can't blame Hermes for that but when contacted the sender seemed oblivious that he had done anything wrong🤐

One big Clunk under/behind the driver's seat this morning as I did a sharp left hander , then nothing despite being a bit ruthless on some more corners ... Got to work and a large  onion was looking at me under the driver's seat .. given it is round and rolls like a ball ..... Just the one Clunk !!!!!! 

1 hour ago, MikeR said:

One big Clunk under/behind the driver's seat this morning as I did a sharp left hander , then nothing despite being a bit ruthless on some more corners ... Got to work and a large  onion was looking at me under the driver's seat .. given it is round and rolls like a ball ..... Just the one Clunk !!!!!! 

Can't be all bad a tasty snack for lunch, along with a warm glow that you car isn't trying to send you on an expensive wild goose chase for noises. Which will last until 200 yards from home when having already eaten the onion the bastard thing will throw another clunk at you just because it can. 

I'd give the Qanon lot a lot more credit if they went after the real bad guys, sod the lizards running the world I want the gremlins buggering up machinery exposed first.

I'm finally done with Hermes after giving them chance after chance - one too may parcels *not delivered*  (disappeared without trace - strange how it's always the big stuff), label machines in shop not working (but we'll have your money first - then a message to say "Please contact Customer Services online") then a promised call back within 2 days, which doesn't happen and when eventually it does, consists of one single ring with a dead line when the phone is picked up. 

Some bellend has attacked the rear wiper on the van and bent the whole lot to buggery. 

I have no proof, but I ‘know’ it’s the bloke in his 60s that views the bit of road outside his house where I parked for an hour as his, not understanding that a) it’s not and b) I only have to park there as other people park outside my house. 

A session with the mole grips will see it good enough, but it’s also taken a chunk out of the paint down to metal. Arse....

On 11/10/2020 at 10:38 PM, Parky said:

Bureaucracy.....

”Hello, I am travelling to New Zealand in five days and despite several calls and chasers I haven’t had my approved visa transferred to my new passport yet.  I was advised to call to request an urgent process today so can I request that?”

”Yeah, nah sorry no, you can’t request an urgent unless you have 48 hours or less before you travel”

”Well can’t we get it in motion?  I am worried if I call with 48 hours notice someone else will tell me it’s too late”

”Nope, sorry, rules, etc”

”So if I get to the airport with my visa linked to my lost passport, my passport won’t match the number on the visa so that’s gonna be a problem yes?  Won’t the Immigration man refuse me entry to the flight so I am separated from my family over Christmas and stranded homeless in the UK without any of my possessions as they would have been shipped?”

”Yeah, fingers crossed for you there mate, it will probably be alright”

Probably be alright.  

it’s not going to be alright is it?

And it turns out the guy I spoke to on Monday should have pressed the urgent button.  His supervisor confirmed Wednesday that if he had, the visa would be sorted by Friday.  Because I called Wednesday it was now too late and it wouldn’t be processed in time.  

Also Immigration are being mega tight on Visa discrepancies so I could get refused entry to the flight in London, or make it to NZ and get refused there and immediately put back on a flight to London.....

So on Saturday I either get on a plane or refused meaning I am homeless, potless, and jobless until February which is the next available quarantine space.  However I may have to be entering the country with a New Zealand citizen so my wife might have to fly to meet me somewhere like Osaka so we can fly into NZ as a couple.  At which point her and I have to quarantine while relatives look after our kids for two weeks.

And all because Dennis from NZ Immigration refused to treat my urgent request as urgent.  Thanks Dennis.  Thanks a fucking bunch

8 minutes ago, Parky said:

.... all because Dennis from NZ Immigration refused to treat my urgent request as urgent.  Thanks Dennis.  Thanks a fucking bunch

That's NZ for you. They don't mess about when messing you about.

That said, there are a great many other countries that can really foul things up in the visa department. Britain, India, China, etc.

Not in the same league as Parky's visa woes, but I went and rolled a one in the great MoT game of chance. At least the balljoint and fucking bastarding shithouse inner cv boot that had split were on the same corner of the car. And the nice MoT man did adjust my headlights and passed my hastily unseized brakes. More pain when it came to the hub nut,  the thread was creamed so I had to dremel the axle stub to start it. At least it didn't rain, misery has no equal to sitting there trying to get something back together with water running down your crack. 

my second hand, and very elderly mobile phone has turned up its toes today.

it was a Samsung Galaxy 2.

it did me dad good service before he retired, some 5 odd years ago, and then it gave  me good service too.

most irritating thing? well apart from the now lost contacts, are the many photos that were somewhere on that handset, now lost too.

bloody thing!

8 hours ago, MarvinsMom said:

my second hand, and very elderly mobile phone has turned up its toes today.

it was a Samsung Galaxy 2.

it did me dad good service before he retired, some 5 odd years ago, and then it gave  me good service too.

most irritating thing? well apart from the now lost contacts, are the many photos that were somewhere on that handset, now lost too.

bloody thing!

Your Google sign in will transfer your contacts automatically onto your new phone, I don't understand why you didn't back up your pics to Drive or Dropbox? It's free and 2 mins to setup and will save photo's automatically, too late now obvs..

4 hours ago, Jazoli said:

Your Google sign in will transfer your contacts automatically onto your new phone, I don't understand why you didn't back up your pics to Drive or Dropbox? It's free and 2 mins to setup and will save photo's automatically, too late now obvs..

You don't want your nudes hanging about in the cloud man

This has been mentioned before elsewhere on these forums, but the price of kittens is making me grumpy.  It doesn't seem that long ago that the free ads were full of kittens "free to good homes" - now Gumtree is full of chancers asking £400 or £500 for a boggo tabby or black shorthair kitten.  I don't mind paying a bit of money, but that's just taking the piss.

When did mending cars become a spectator sport? Whenever you are doing something there’s always someone coming along to go ‘are you ok?’ Like you aren’t breathing or something. Would you stop a bloke cutting the grass and go ‘are you ok?’. It’s never like they know what the fuck they’re on about either it’ll be ‘I once changed a fan belt on a Cortina’. Sometimes you just want to get on with a job without the cast of Wheeler Dealers stood round.

47 minutes ago, wuvvum said:

This has been mentioned before elsewhere on these forums, but the price of kittens is making me grumpy.  It doesn't seem that long ago that the free ads were full of kittens "free to good homes" - now Gumtree is full of chancers asking £400 or £500 for a boggo tabby or black shorthair kitten.  I don't mind paying a bit of money, but that's just taking the piss.

Get that charging something means (in theory) that they will get looked after, rather than being seen as a free toy until the owner gets bored, but that's a stupid amount to ask.

Mind you, a Barbara_Lee_Cartland puppy is now knocking on for two and half grand, apparently.  Must be some very rich people about.

21 minutes ago, twosmoke300 said:

Can’t say my ducato has ever done lift off oversteer 

I have to say the Sevel Sud vans I've had (and I've had a few) always felt like they were slightly on tiptoes when pushed hard - like the back end could let go at any minute.  I never actually had it happen, but they never felt as planted as say a Renault Master or FWD Transit.

21 minutes ago, Cavcraft said:

Get that charging something means (in theory) that they will get looked after, rather than being seen as a free toy until the owner gets bored, but that's a stupid amount to ask.

Mind you, a Barbara_Lee_Cartland puppy is now knocking on for two and half grand, apparently.  Must be some very rich people about.

Sadly, a lot of free kittens are also used to train fighting dogs. Charging money is unfortunately the only way to prevent it from happening, but £500+ seems like taking the piss a bit.

5 hours ago, wuvvum said:

They don't stay kittens for very long,  there are usually plenty of young cats up for rehoming. 

My last moggy came from the Blue Cross, but a decade later after he passed away I went back to them and took my daughter with me. 

The woman I spoke to was a right bitch and sneered about us having children in the house and wasn't sure it was a suitable environment for one of her precious bloody cats. 

The local cats protection were much more accommodating and for a small fee (£30 I think) we rehomed a year old cat. 

Although it is totally antisocial, all claws and teeth 🐈.