The grumpy thread

outlaw118

Just having a vent. 

I’m looking for another car. Budget is up to £1500. I need a 5 door and mileage preferably under 100k. It has to have a decent MOT too. I’d really like a Fiesta or a Ford of some sort,  but can I find one in my area? Not a bloody chance. It seems like the used car market has dried up in East Anglia. 

Every car I’ve seen has turned out to be a heap, the first one I saw a few weeks ago didn’t feel ‘right’ to me.

I don’t want to travel hundreds of miles to view a car that ends up to be shit.

Mojo/mood/mental health is all-time low, I’m driving myself mad going in circles looking at the same shit on eBay/bumtree/autotrader.

I give up. FFS.

1 hour ago, greengartside said:

Just having a vent. 

I’m looking for another car. Budget is up to £1500. I need a 5 door and mileage preferably under 100k. It has to have a decent MOT too. I’d really like a Fiesta or a Ford of some sort,  but can I find one in my area? Not a bloody chance. It seems like the used car market has dried up in East Anglia. 

Every car I’ve seen has turned out to be a heap, the first one I saw a few weeks ago didn’t feel ‘right’ to me.

I don’t want to travel hundreds of miles to view a car that ends up to be shit.

Mojo/mood/mental health is all-time low, I’m driving myself mad going in circles looking at the same shit on eBay/bumtree/autotrader.

I give up. FFS.

The second hand car market seems insane at the moment. If anything, some (second hand) cars seem to have gone up in price, and more than one dealer is refusing to budge on price even when they must know they're asking top dollar. When you see shit ones for sale locally, it does indeed make you ponder travelling for miles to find something equally crap.

40 minutes ago, Cavcraft said:

The second hand car market seems insane at the moment. If anything, some (second hand) cars seem to have gone up in price, and more than one dealer is refusing to budge on price even when they must know they're asking top dollar.

Given the massive drop in new vehicle sales, it's hardly surprising that the second-hand market has gone up in price.  It's just supply and demand.  I suspect it'll take a few years to go back to how it was, if indeed it ever does. 

9 minutes ago, High Jetter said:

Yea, but how many 70 reg have you seen? They're everywhere down here.

Plenty down here, too. However, it took a little longer than usual for the new registrations to appear this time.

9 hours ago, High Jetter said:

Yea, but how many 70 reg have you seen? They're everywhere down here.

Funnily enough I was talking about this yesterday as I saw one on the M1 and exclaimed how few I'd seen. 

I know I've not been far but I've noticed 2 of them in a month round here. 

I'd normally see more, even just round the village. 

On the same journey there was an organised cycle  race organised on the A167, another dual carriageway.

It was chaos. Marshalls waving their arms about, cars down to 20mph, bikes overtking each other in the middle of the road. Cars were swerving all over th place, especially on the  sliproads on and off. It'll be a miracle if there's not an accident. Why the fuck you'd risk your life doing that is  beyond me never mind the inconvenience to other road users.

Wankers.

I've had this happen in about a dozen jobs. They go off like a bomb for no apparent reason. The manufacturers must know about it as they'll give me a new one no questions asked.

I remember ringing my mate who is manager at the merchants and he asked me to bring it back. I said it was in a million pieces! I returned it in three builders buckets.

I couple of times they've exploded while I've been lifting them and been left bleeding with two hands full of shattered glass. It gives you a fright.

21 minutes ago, dozeydustman said:

Round at father in law’s again. Went to use the khasi...

63651A17-BE7F-49FE-9F68-9F41C98895F0.thumb.jpeg.b8bded7277c2d3b654b6e140bdaf586b.jpeg

I’m covered in glass. Just shattered while about my business - didn’t touch it, lean on it or anything.

Injuries are thankfully minimal.6E49E6A8-E716-4976-8308-2FC0726CC4D7.thumb.jpeg.382f4a56a01945887ca997c656f66703.jpeg

Only half an hour previous father in law gave it all a clean.

That was more than just a squeaker. 😂

Two consecutive days of having to leave home at 0230 to pick up goods and deliver, yesterday to that London (just round the corner from RobT funnily enough), today to Newcastle. That's not the grump to be fair.

No the grump came when I had to fill up this morning at an Esso station. Real old skool pumps, had to wait for the pump jockey to wake up and press the dispense button from the sales booth. Said pump then delivered fuel at a rate of 1 ml per second. Bearing in mind the van needed 40+ litres it took forever. To cap it off, the dribble of diesel from the pump was so pathetic it failed to register that the van's tank was full. Being half asleep, I then pumped what seemed like about 100 litres of diesel all over my shoes, my clothes, the forecourt and the side of the van. Yeah, wasn't dribbling then, was it, the fucker ?

Fucked my fuel economy figures right up. Plummetted from 53.6 to 41.6

Fuelly over a cliff

fuelup.png

15 minutes ago, paulplom said:

I've had this happen in about a dozen jobs. They go off like a bomb for no apparent reason. The manufacturers must know about it as they'll give me a new one no questions asked.

I remember ringing my mate who is manager at the merchants and he asked me to bring it back. I said it was in a million pieces! I returned it in three builders buckets.

I couple of times they've exploded while I've been lifting them and been left bleeding with two hands full of shattered glass. It gives you a fright.

Toughened glass seems to have something of an Achilles' heel'.

I worked for a windows & doors company.   Most of the windows and door panels were toughened glass.  It only needed a slight knock on a particular corner to shatter it.

There was a bloke came into our unit with an eight foot by three foot sheet that was covered with lead and coloured bevels in an intricate pattern that had probably take a couple of days to make.  Set it gently on the floor and it turned into a heap of crystals.

Not his best day.

22 minutes ago, myglaren said:

No.  Once it has been stressed it can go any time.  Probably cleaning it has stressed it, if the corner is too tight a fit and a change in temperature can finish it off.

It's been there for 5 years with nary a bother, so I'm wondering if maybe it got scratched or leant on too hard. FiL normally has a cleaning lady in once a week as his hips are bad (they've both been replaced and both need re-replacing).

I'll be going back there tomorrow with some rubble sacks, a hand shovel and a Henry Hoover to clear up; he's staying with us tonight now as his kitchen isn't quite finished.

1 hour ago, High Jetter said:

Must have been some dump!

51 minutes ago, Out Run said:

That was more than just a squeaker. 😂

I didn't even get that far along - shut the lav door and BANG! Bad news is my favourite beige chinos are now covered in sanguineous stainage and have holes in, so they'll be 'old' trousers now. Thankfully I have skin and stature of a hippo so I'm pretty tough and only have scratches.

Wife and FiL are more shaken up about it than I am. I know they can go at random, this is the first time one has exploded over me. Is that a cherry popped?

we have all done it , but we have just suffered the effects of pavement parking ...  :-(

the personhole in the street is next to where everyone pavement parks , and the vibration had shook 2 bricks loose which fell into the bottom

of the sewer and blocked it ....  our personholes were brimmed with dirty water , and the down pour on top !!!

3 houses worth of shite .  that was bad but .....

Do you know what its like having a wife going on about a non working bog !!!!

any way the big water board van pulled up ,they  got the tools out and it was cleared in minutes , took longer to do the paper work !