The grumpy thread

outlaw118

My grump today is modern fly spray! I left a window open for a few hours 3 days ago and a fly decided to move in. Now this fly hides until I sit down and put my feet up, at which point it practices close fly-by flying on my head. By the time I stand up with suitable newspaper, it is back to hiding, so found the can of fly spray. It used to be a half second blast into a room would see any flying object within 30 miles rapidly turning into a mini vibrator and 45 seconds later, peace was restored. This new fly spray smells the same, but I am sure it is now formulated as after shave for flys. Over the last 3 days I have dosed the room to the extent I am starting to like the smell myself and have started keeping the tin next to my chair. So far, I have made direct contact with the spray mist twice, and the little bastard is still dive bombing me!

Where did I put that petrol?

5 hours ago, paulplom said:

Some bastards tried to snap the aerial off the mx-5 last night. Judging by the effort taken to straighten it, it wasn't a kid.

Chipped the paint around it too which is a bonus.

20200927_075504.jpg

Did you know that the aerial can be I'm screwed and used to clear out blocked drain tubes for the soft top ? 

Just now, Saabnut said:

My grump today is modern fly spray! I left a window open for a few hours 3 days ago and a fly decided to move in. Now this fly hides until I sit down and put my feet up, at which point it practices close fly-by flying on my head. By the time I stand up with suitable newspaper, it is back to hiding, so found the can of fly spray. It used to be a half second blast into a room would see any flying object within 30 miles rapidly turning into a mini vibrator and 45 seconds later, peace was restored. This new fly spray smells the same, but I am sure it is now formulated as after shave for flys. Over the last 3 days I have dosed the room to the extent I am starting to like the smell myself and have started keeping the tin next to my chair. So far, I have made direct contact with the spray mist twice, and the little bastard is still dive bombing me!

same here , dam things drop warp pods and vanish when sprayed ,

before that they bug you by flying past open windows and doors  ,

best thing I put up this year was a door fly screen

In Newmarket visiting the folks after I delivered nearby. Had to do my weekly shop in Tesco Extra. Bedlam. Who knew posh people could turn into gannets over nowt. Loo roll aisle decimated. Had to pay four quid for four rolls. One assumes at that price that a luscious nymphette bursts out if the wrapper offering free sexual favours for life.
54e77e2c1f531370f462c21e90c52edf.jpg

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

On 9/25/2020 at 8:40 AM, omegod said:

Oh the joy, online speed awareness course starting at 10 am , 2.5 hrs I'll never get back and £85 for the privilege 

Serves me right but 36 in a 30 stings, 1 mph less and I wouldn't have been nicked  

Annoying, mate. 
I also got done for speeding. But I get the feeling I won’t be offered the course.

DA33E652-9D8A-4127-BF66-9974CA057722.png

Wanker speed camera van at 7.20am this morning. Just after the cradlewell bypass in Jesmond. Just after in fact two speed cameras. Just money making and hardly an accident blackspot. Not even a built up area. Never mind at that time in the morning. Couldn't get a copper to come out when my garage got done over and 5 grands worth of stuff nicked. They've got time to give you three points though.

1 hour ago, paulplom said:

Wanker speed camera van at 7.20am this morning. Just after the cradlewell bypass in Jesmond. Just after in fact two speed cameras. Just money making and hardly an accident blackspot. Not even a built up area. Never mind at that time in the morning. Couldn't get a copper to come out when my garage got done over and 5 grands worth of stuff nicked. They've got time to give you three points though.

It’s even worse in Durham ATM. Vans abandoned in favour of standing with a camera, hiding between parked cars.

Apparently they were also operating out  of the back of an Enterprise rental van, too.

The motorist's the easy target again. Fuck the illegal scooters or the crossers using the cycle paths or the uninsured arseholes with blacked out windows, illegal number plates with illegal exhausts popping and banging. Too hard to catch or make an effort to catch. They need to be reassuring and getting the public on their side. Not fucking them off.

Sodding B&Q.

Bought two carpet tiles from there less than a week ago to see how they'd work for my intended purpose.  Looked ideal, £2.99 each, and they had about a thousand of them on the shelf.

Went back today to get the other ten (probably a few more than I need, but cheap).  The same item number...but they're now £3.99 each and a slightly darker shade of grey because the old line has been discontinued.

Reading about the UK speed cameras/fines, it looks like heaven.

In Spain unmarked vans like this

They also have cameras which are the size of ice cream tubs. They are sited (well hidden) like this.

No speed awareness courses. Take the points, but get a discount if paid early.

12 minutes ago, Remspoor said:

In Spain unmarked vans like this

They also have cameras which are the size of ice cream tubs. They are sited (well hidden) like this.

No speed awareness courses. Take the points, but get a discount if paid early.

Yeah they have really got a hard on for speeding these days, it all changed around 2004/5 and they really cracked down on it, I'd picked up a few tickets over the years for 160kph+ and it was no big deal really, now you'll be arrested for it and get a huge fine, I spent many years hooning around when I lived there with little thought for the consequences of being caught, nowadays when I go back I stick to the posted limits, the limit drops around junctions a lot on a roads and this is where they set up their traps

Taking the anti roll bar off the Sierra today. Went at it gently, penetrating oil, worked it back and forward etc. Etc. 

Still managed to break the weld on the captive nut inside a box section. Fucking cheap shit dagenham crap. I didn't even get that angry, just expect these cow pats from the devil's own satanic herd.

20 hours ago, Saabnut said:

gettyimages-518032545-640x640.jpg

The stupid bint who lives next door started a vendetta with the woman who lives opposite her by parking her druggie look range rover spurt as close to her car as possible to make it a bastard to get out 'cos of the lamp post. Woman opposite has smashed her foot into a million* pieces, so can no longer drive for the foreseeable future, so is no longer bothered by bint next door's antics.

As bint isn't getting the result she wants she's decided it's my turn and has taken to dumping the spurt where I normally put the C1. As soon as I go out she moves her shitbox to my space.

Fortunately tomorrow is bin day so I think she may* find there's an obvious wheelie bin directly in front of her car. I'm hoping she won't spot the less obvious one behind her with 100% tints.
I also need to get my vinyl cutter working again, so I can make her a smoll sticker for the bottom of her number plate. It fails the mot every year for illegally spaced plates. I think it you squint and really apply imagination it's supposed to say "bintname fit", but FT could also be short for fat. MOT bloke needs cheering up so adding "fat bint's druggie car" to the bottom of her plate for her would be a good* idea.

TLDR : I don't like the bint next door.

Bought some new rubber pads for my jacking beam two weeks ago. Bought from a company on ebay who seem to be the only supplier of these pads. The last pair didn't last six months yet the originals lasted years. I have decided they are consumables now and will need replacing every six months. I have used these new ones for twelve days. Twelve days and they are splitting already. I've sent the company a message telling them these garbage rubber pads are not fit for purpose.  Can't send them back as I use them every day. Because the last ones didn't last six months I looked for another supplier but these Equipment 4 garages seem to be the only ones supplying this type/size of pad. 

Once they start to split it's a matter of days before all the rubber breaks away. I am not happy right now.

Due to Covid19 and the fact that my Grandma has a lot of family, I won't be able to attend her funeral next week. 

Also, due to local lock down, I  can even visit my Grandad alone at another time to keep him company /pay my respects etc. 

Not necessarily saying restrictions are an issue, its just a crappy situation. 😔

On 9/27/2020 at 2:39 PM, Out Run said:

I also got done for speeding. But I get the feeling I won’t be offered the course.

As long as you've not done one in the last 3 years, you likely will.  In general, courses are offered up to +10% +9mph over the limit, which in a 30 is 42mph.  43mph would be fixed penalty (points + fine.)

The mx-5 has been hit twice today while parked. The mark on the rear bumper will polish out but the drivers front wing and bumper is dented and scratched. Massive audi wankers jeep parked in front of it when I came in from work. The black paint matches.

I guess I'm too late for that fucking security camera.

I know what you mean. I only noticed it because I hadn't seen it before. '59 plate and massive. It must have been a visitor somewhere. I'll make enquires when I chill a bit.

Of course they'll completely deny it and I don't have a leg to stand on.

I'm going to flog it and not bother with hobby car. Our saab is also marked and scratched all over. No one gives a fuck anymore.

Feeling really irritated right now, a couple of hours ago. I phoned my Insurance company [ Hastings ] to temporary add my Punto onto my Stilo insurance for a Month.

I've just logged onto there site, so as to print the temporary document. Checked it and the numpties have put the expiry date as last week! 

Call centre now closed, so I'll have to mess about hanging on there phone line tomorrow. Great. 

On 9/27/2020 at 8:45 PM, Remspoor said:

In Avon and Somerset police force they're moving around on motorbikes with portable cameras. So a really small cross section by the side of the road and easily missed. They also move around frequently and only stay in an area for half hour max. Basically short enough that it doesn't really show up on Google Maps/Waze speed camera reporting. 

speed-camera-l3.jpg

I did accidentally do an indicated 36mph (34mph actual) past one just inside a 30mph limit from a 40mph and didn't get a ticket. So at least they appear to have sensible enforcement limits.