The grumpy thread

outlaw118

19 hours ago, omegod said:

I honestly don't believe this would be happening if the media weren't driving it, daily fail wrote articles earlier this week purporting the pictures from Costco were current but were from the previous rodeo. I fucking hate the media 

Yep, all the news outlets start going on about it and it self perpetuates. “Quick Doris let’s head to Tesco for 100 toilet rolls, the BBC says the panic buying has started, we don’t want to miss out”. 

19 hours ago, Zelandeth said:

It's been a couple of months since I last looked at a news outlet, and have generally been avoiding even Twitter aside from making a couple of posts myself on car things.  I've just had to make the decision to do that in the interests of maintaining any vague semblance of control over my mental health.  If there's anything I absolutely need to know, someone in the family will pass the information on.  It's either that or turn into a gibbering heap hiding under my desk.

So running into this nonsense this morning caught me rather off guard.

Crap day anyway as a friend passed away yesterday morning from cancer so we're looking after their other half at the moment.  Another casualty of the pandemic.  They were generally doing okay until their treatment was stopped during lockdown.

Im sorry to hear about your friend. Apparently they will be one of the 70,000 who will die because of their treatment being neglected. That may seem like media hyped figures but I can well believe it after nearly loosing my partner because the hospital here held back her apendectomy for several days after being rushed into hospital with a burst appendix. So in the end they had to do 5 hours of open surgery instead of a 1 hour keyhole operation. When she came out the ward, there were people in chairs in the corridor waiting for her bed. So yes the doctors and nurses saved her life but I really want the managers and politicians responsible for their shit policies to do the honourable thing and terminate themselves before screwing everything up even more.

I got a txt off the docs saying I could have a flu jab as I am now a vulnerable person , please ring to book a slot ...

yeah right , ring up , so was every other paranoid curtain twitcher  , you are number 15 in the q !!!  FFS

then it said on the news  you have to q here , go in here , go out there , dont do this that and the other .

if I am that vulnerable why did they not just book a slot and say turn up ?

sod it ,

still waiting for the blood and scan tests to confirm I am ok after the cancer op .

I see 3 out of 4 options at the moment are not good  , I dont know I  am ok , I dont know I am not ok , I dont know I am ok but Cv  gets me , I dont know I am not ok and CV gets me ...

51 minutes ago, MikeR said:

I got a txt off the docs saying I could have a flu jab as I am now a vulnerable person , please ring to book a slot ...

yeah right , ring up , so was every other paranoid curtain twitcher  , you are number 15 in the q !!!  FFS

still waiting for the blood and scan tests to confirm I am ok after the cancer op .

I see 3 out of 4 options at the moment are not good  , I dont know I  am ok , I dont know I am not ok , I dont know I am ok but Cv  gets me , I dont know I am not ok and CV gets me ...

I got a blood test 9 days ago. They are supposed to get the results and then get the GP to phone me, to increase the Ramipril dose. Then the pharmacy is supposed to phone me to tell me the new prescription is ready.  Nothing.  I ended up emailing them, on tuesday because I was 20th in the queue on the phone.  A GP emailed back on Wednesday to say they would do the prescription.  Still waiting for a text off pharmacist. 

This has taken from End of June to now to ramp up 1.25 mg steps to 5mg  If they did it as they were told by Liverpool Heart and chest hospital, I'd be at 10 mg by now, but they waste time, by not doing anything without being prompted. And if you push them, they seem to slow down. 

I have a follow up echocardiogram on Monday, and a zoom appointment on Tuesday. Because heart trumps cancer? 

3 hours ago, paulplom said:

A friend has just rang this morning. My last labourer and mate died yesterday of a heart attack. Only 45 ffs.

I only seen him two days ago.

I hope it was quick poor fucker. RIP George mate.

I was fucking lucky in June.  Wife spotted it as soon as she took one look at me, and the ambulance was with me in 5 mins, GTN tablet under the tongue 5 mins after that. 

Monitor the paramedic didn't show a problem, but blood tests at A@E showed very high enzymes. 

I probably had one a week before, and if I'd ignored that one, I'd have had a massive one a week later. 

So the moral is, if you have chest pains, get it checked out. Might be indigestion, might be a heart problem. 

1 hour ago, New POD said:

I was fucking lucky in June.  Wife spotted it as soon as she took one look at me, and the ambulance was with me in 5 mins, GTN tablet under the tongue 5 mins after that. 

Monitor the paramedic didn't show a problem, but blood tests at A@E showed very high enzymes. 

I probably had one a week before, and if I'd ignored that one, I'd have had a massive one a week later. 

So the moral is, if you have chest pains, get it checked out. Might be indigestion, might be a heart problem. 

I went to a slightly alternative doctor 2 years ago with chest pains and slight breathing difficulties. After half an hour of heart trace scans, listening to chest etc... didnt show anything. So he told me to relax my arm, at which point he whipped my arm round behind me and I felt and heard a big crack from my chest muscles. The relief was instant and he said, „thats it, you have been suffering from stress and its tensed you up!“

That was brilliant! Sadly there would have been no chance of that with the 5 minute appointments given by the local NHS practice at the time.

8 minutes ago, Wack said:

Some cunt has been trying to phone scam my 95 year old mother in law 

Yeah ,good luck trying to get her to log into her amazon account 🤣

She has at last agreed to let me get her a call blocker that cuts the cunts off though 

after getting another run of scam calls last week I engaged the bt call blocker , it has been quiet since .... !

3 hours ago, Wack said:

Some cunt has been trying to phone scam my 95 year old mother in law 

Yeah ,good luck trying to get her to log into her amazon account 🤣

She has at last agreed to let me get her a call blocker that cuts the cunts off though 

Is this the one where you get a recorded message about your Amazon Prime direct debit asking you to press 1? If so I had that one earlier today, did not press 1 as firstly I don't have Amazon Prime and secondly I had answered on an old fashioned phone with a dial. These days if the landline rings I know it is most likely a sales/scam call or a wrong number. Most of the people who would only call me on a landline are now no longer with us.

I realise that it's just a machine, but this has made me disproportionately grumpy:

A Korean man who travelled 64,000 kilometers around the world arrived in Manchester - and had his bike nicked

0_yung-gu-ro-scooter.jpg

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/korean-man-who-travelled-64000-15073739

Had a mate aepu d today to swap the wanky bmw alloys for steels on his new work van (prima star) only to find the weapons grade wanker who fitted them used the wrong thread of locking wheel nut and just buzzed them in with a gun. 

Now I've to get the correct tap and hopefully salvage his hubs. 

What an absolute shitrag, I wish people who haven't a clue would leave the tools to someone else. 

55 minutes ago, paulplom said:

Some bastards tried to snap the aerial off the mx-5 last night. Judging by the effort taken to straighten it, it wasn't a kid.

Chipped the paint around it too which is a bonus.

20200927_075504.jpg

I wonder what motivates people to do this shit, didn't you piss off a neighbour some time go over wheely bins or summat ?

42 minutes ago, mitsisigma01 said:

It was only recently that you taunted someone with "i got an mx5" 🤔🤔🤔, maybe you pushed his buttons a little bit too far and he drove through the night to inflict misery upon you by tweeking your aerial or it could just be a cockwomble on his way home from the pub at 10 o'clock 

Ghosty's nearly three hours away. I would have more than tweaked an aerial after a three hour drive.

18 hours ago, strangeangel said:

I realise that it's just a machine, but this has made me disproportionately grumpy:

A Korean man who travelled 64,000 kilometers around the world arrived in Manchester - and had his bike nicked

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/korean-man-who-travelled-64000-15073739

What an absolute wanker's trick. Unlikely I suppose, but hope he gets it back as well as his belongings and can carry on with his journey.

Trying to get information from this eBay seller I bought a front wing from is like getting blood out of a stone. 

It’s collect in person and I’ve had 2 offers of shitely so far, folks want me to help them with something on Friday, which is 2 thirds of the way there, so I might as well get it myself.

Seller wants to know what day next weekend, I’ve said Saturday morning, and apparently that’s difficult for him. Why can’t he leave the wing in a safe place for me to collect?

Also why has eBay switched to a QR code for the seller to scan as “collection details”? Makes no sense at all.