The grumpy thread

outlaw118

17 hours ago, Parky said:

.... “Happy Birthday, enjoy Amsterdam!”  Where you can have a gloved hands up your arse any time you want.  Unfortunately I was there to meet three fund managers to discuss Emerging Market investment funds rather than experience anything unusual...

Fund managers. That's a different type of hand up the arse.

I was supposed to be doing an oil and filter change on the Mondeo today.  Dropped the oil fine, went to extract the filter to find out that the housing has apparently been done up by a Kwik Fit monkey with an ugga dugga gun.  Breaker bar deployed and it eventually came undone.  Filter cartridge out, new cartridge out of the box and ready to go in.  Except that it's not the same cartridge.  It's the same diameter but much too short, the top is different and the opening at the bottom is much larger.  Googled the reference on the box and they've sent me a filter for a Mk5 Golf 1.6 FSI.  So not even close.  If it was a slightly different variety of Mondeo I might have understood, but that's just taking the piss.

So tomorrow I have to go traipsing round the motor factors of Norwich hoping somebody has the correct filter in stock, 'cos the car can't go anywhere without a proper oil filter.

Trying to watch Le Mans and I think Eurosport's definition of "Live and uninterrupted" coverage is somewhat off, because they're piling on commercials like nobody's business. To add insult to injury, they mostly keep advertising their online platform... which I'm already paying for to watch Le Mans on FFS.

1 hour ago, Borsuq said:

Trying to watch Le Mans and I think Eurosport's definition of "Live and uninterrupted" coverage is somewhat off, because they're piling on commercials like nobody's business. To add insult to injury, they mostly keep advertising their online platform... which I'm already paying for to watch Le Mans on FFS.

Yeah but its only 20 quid for the year, there's some good in car live streams on youtube, there's been some great WSB and BSB footage on there.

1 hour ago, wuvvum said:

I was supposed to be doing an oil and filter change on the Mondeo today.  Dropped the oil fine, went to extract the filter to find out that the housing has apparently been done up by a Kwik Fit monkey with an ugga dugga gun.  Breaker bar deployed and it eventually came undone.  Filter cartridge out, new cartridge out of the box and ready to go in.  Except that it's not the same cartridge.  It's the same diameter but much too short, the top is different and the opening at the bottom is much larger.  Googled the reference on the box and they've sent me a filter for a Mk5 Golf 1.6 FSI.  So not even close.  If it was a slightly different variety of Mondeo I might have understood, but that's just taking the piss.

So tomorrow I have to go traipsing round the motor factors of Norwich hoping somebody has the correct filter in stock, 'cos the car can't go anywhere without a proper oil filter.

It’s only a Mk3 Mondeo, surely that motor factor in Stalham will have one? (Providing they’re still there, that is)

Had my day ruined today.  My in car video system got great video of a guy I see too often on a bike doing perhaps 80 to 90 mph flying past me  along the A44 near Worcester. I thought thats it, Ive got him. Thats going off to the police.

But he is hiding his number plate, folded up under his mudguard.

Then his mate  on BT17 YPM  followed him through,   a gap of perhaps 4 feet  between me and an oncoming car. Combined speed about 140 mph. It would not have been a crash, it would have been carnage. Or perhaps just a splash.

I just cannot dob anyone in though. Even though I am a veteran biker who detests this kind of selfish, uncaring, foolish riding, I just cannot do it. So, if anyone out there cares for either of these people, perhaps you should persuade them that

they need to get a honda cub until they realise they can and possibly will finish their own lives, or worse, ruin them.

Please, please, calm down

I am still shuddering at the thought of the impact which will inevitably happen one day.

29 minutes ago, Chas4545 said:

I just cannot dob anyone in though. Even though I am a veteran biker who detests this kind of selfish, uncaring, foolish riding, I just cannot do it.

Why not?  When you consider not just the carnage they would cause to themselves or their friends/family, but also to the poor innocent sod they hit, it's far better to do something about it when you can than read about it in the newspaper three weeks later.

If I get cut up / tailgated etc. by a sign-written vehicle, I'll always call the company up and complain bitterly.  On one occasion the driver was fired, as apparently I was far from the first complaint regarding one particular arse.

After recent experiences on the road, I'm most definitely investing in a decent quality dashcam and will happily pass on footage of lethally dangerous drivers to the police and let them make a decision as to whether they consider it worth taking any further.  There's just no need for driving in a manner that's likely to kill someone.

So, the plan was that TEAM FAT AND BLIND were going to be going to Northampton next weekend to watch @Mally do his thing.

Not happening now as Stepson has dropped the bomb he's moving, so I'll be required to assist. Why his Dad can't help........ let's not go down that road.

Never mind, karma points etc.....

So, scanning through the Spedeworth fixture list I spy Ba**er Unlimited World Final for Saturday 3/10.

"Advance Tickets only", okey dokey.

FIFTY FUCKING QUID.

Scalping bastards. So, I won't be going to that then.

Fuck You Deane Wood.

1 hour ago, Chas4545 said:

Had my day ruined today.  My in car video system got great video of a guy I see too often on a bike doing perhaps 80 to 90 mph flying past me  along the A44 near Worcester. I thought thats it, Ive got him. Thats going off to the police.

But he is hiding his number plate, folded up under his mudguard.

Then his mate  on BT17 YPM  followed him through,   a gap of perhaps 4 feet  between me and an oncoming car. Combined speed about 140 mph. It would not have been a crash, it would have been carnage. Or perhaps just a splash.

I just cannot dob anyone in though. Even though I am a veteran biker who detests this kind of selfish, uncaring, foolish riding, I just cannot do it. So, if anyone out there cares for either of these people, perhaps you should persuade them that

I am also a biker, and I give zero fucks about the likes of these two oxygen thieves. In an ideal world they'll take no-one else with them when they go straight on into the celestial bend at 155mph, but the chances of that happening are slim at best. No, when they do go, if they don't kill someone else in the process, they'll ruin the life of the poor dude whose car they spread their guts all over the front of. Dob the cunts in.

Looks like granddaughter, who is with her brother currently living with me, has the inconvenientvirus symptoms.

It has been her birthday so she has been in contact with lots of people, despite her party being shelved due to the new restrictions.

Have a test booked for 11 in the morning.  Supposed to be meeting electricians at her house at about the same time - her mother is in hospital and I'm having some repairs done while she can't shout at me.

Bollocks :(

At least we got a quick test appointment only eight miles away.

50 minutes ago, outlaw118 said:

So, the plan was that TEAM FAT AND BLIND were going to be going to Northampton next weekend to watch @Mally do his thing.

Not happening now as Stepson has dropped the bomb he's moving, so I'll be required to assist

Just for clarification, you do realise I'm 74 and my youngest son does the driving these days. I was 67 last time I raced.  All I do now is fix it.

You may have dodged a bullet. At the moment he can't walk. We suspect Gout due to alcohol and weight, (even he does) but Hospital says no swelling so maybe just tissue injury.

Hopefully right in 4 days, but who knows.

Deane can  do what he likes in our book.

He made Northampton shale, so X2 Euro Champ us. Never have happened on tar.

Thanks for wanting to come, Next one there for us should be 24 October.

2 hours ago, strangeangel said:

In an ideal world they'll take no-one else with them when they go straight on into the celestial bend at 155mph,

Not to mention the emergency services who have to scrape them off the tarmac/lamp-post/front of the truck that was going a bit faster than they thought it was.  Can't be overly pleasant for them to ensure they've located all the body parts.  Nor, I imagine, does any Police officer look forward to having to give that news to the next of kin.

Even if they only wipe themselves off the face of the planet, they still cause massive knock-on effects. 

2 hours ago, myglaren said:

Looks like granddaughter, who is with her brother currently living with me, has the inconvenientvirus symptoms.

It has been her birthday so she has been in contact with lots of people, despite her party being shelved due to the new restrictions.

Have a test booked for 11 in the morning.  Supposed to be meeting electricians at her house at about the same time - her mother is in hospital and I'm having some repairs done while she can't shout at me.

Bollocks :(

At least we got a quick test appointment only eight miles away.

Sound like a shite situation, hope tests are clear.

Went for an evening drive in the Polonez yesterday, and it was awful. Nothing really wrong with the car, just ended up having one of those days when you can't enjoy anything about your ride. All I got from it was a bad mood. Still feeling a bit down about it, because this marks the end of my honeymoon period with that car. I really hope it was just a bad day and next time I take it out it's going to be fun again, but since it's already late September I'd quite like to be able to enjoy my cars as much as I can before they go into winter storage.

12 minutes ago, Borsuq said:

Went for an evening drive in the Polonez yesterday, and it was awful. Nothing really wrong with the car, just ended up having one of those days when you can't enjoy anything about your ride. All I got from it was a bad mood. ....

I imagine that feels similar to when the Polish electorate last went to the voting booth, only to end up with a PiS-taking government 

14 hours ago, strangeangel said:

, they'll ruin the life of the poor dude whose car they spread their guts all over the front of. 

A lad I went to school with went straight through the front screen of 2 retired people.  Combined closing speed of 120 (suggesting none of them were speeding) 

All 3 dead on arrival of emergency services.  

They apparently moved over the white line for no apparent reason. 

It's damm  dangerous out there. 

14 hours ago, strangeangel said:

My sodding phone.  Two weeks ago had the charging port replaced, a couple of days later noticed the microphone wasn't working on calls.  Took it back to the same shop last Tuesday, they said they'd order a part for it.

Got to Thursday and no contact so I rang them, all the right noises saying that it was still being looked at by the technicians and it should be finished later that evening.

Called them again Friday afternoon as it was needed for work over the weekend, they said the part had only turned up that morning and they were "trying to trace a fault with the audio line", they promised to call me an hour later.  Two hours later nothing, so I rang them again and they said the sound still isn't perfect on it so wouldn't be done for the weekend, I borrow a phone for the weekend.

If I don't at least hear from them today (note it's only been me calling them and not the other way round) I won't be happy.

Kicking myself for not driving to Newcastle at the weekend after I got the all clear on the Covid test. If only I'd done that instead of faffing around with the fuel filter.... 

Grandma has taken a turn for the worse and is now in a Macmillan hospice. 😔

I'm not an idiot. Not looking for comments.

But I got a text from Vodafone we are unable to take payment...of course I clicked the link and put my email and password in.  

The next page was blank and wanted name etc... Oh and mothers maiden name.

They have my email and password... Well, old password now.

Another 'I've had loads of interest in it, be quick' reply from someone who's car I asked a couple of questions about.  Messaged him back to say he won't have a problem selling it then, just not to me.

Well this should really be a grin but it’s turned into a grump. I went to have a look at this Fiesta on Friday...

EDD6F08A-538C-4C4F-BB83-302C957F99A7.thumb.jpeg.ffecdefa222bbc825d2a483cc35ea76e.jpeg

(that’s SISTA Greengartside in the background..)

It was advertised as described, a genuine 54k on the clock from new, and I honestly can say it was the best condition Mk6 I’ve ever seen.

I took it for a test drive and it went beautifully, pulled well in all the gears, air-con was ice cold and heater red hot.

I lifted the bonnet and checked everything over. All seemed well until I looked at the expansion tank. There seemed to be a few bubbles coming from the bottom hose, not like a water jet or anything. I was wondering if that was possible HGF but there seemed to be no sign of it.

What do fellow shiters think? Does that sound like HGF. It started on the button and no white smoke. The cooling fan did cut in.

In the end, I left it because there was no history of a timing belt change, and the seller was unwilling to drop the price. I talked about it to FATHA when I got home and he said he’d give me the money for a timing belt change 🙄🙄🙄🙄 - should have asked him before I viewed it.

i have had to order a new pair of jeans,

the ones i am wearing are splitting around the back pockets, and there is only so long that i can hide my increasingly bare bum with a long line cardi.

as i do not want to brave the disease riddled hoards in Middlesbrough i have resorted to buying some on line. 

i have ordered "very" close to what i am wearing, which means nothing, i know, and now have to wait and hope these come in a timely manner and fit.......

i have also had to buy some new trainers,cos they are dropping to bits, and really need some new specs too cos i broke them when under house arrest earlier in the year, and managed to glue them back together. god alone knows how long they will last (not long knowing my luck!)

so, deep joy at the prospect of having to spend MORE bloody money!

Some people really are fucking idiots 

I came off a roundabout yesterday , 2 lanes merging into one , saw a fire engine behind me , this twat in front of me stops at the merge point 

If i'd stopped behind him there wouldn't have been enough room behind me for the engine to get past so i went round him , carried on to a point where the road widened then pulled over

The engine had just caught me up.as i got out of its way  so i didn't slow it down at all

Only matey thinks i'm a twat for overtaking him so gives his high beam lever finger some exercise for half a mile 

Saw a woman stop right in the middle of traffic lights last week completely blocking the junction in front of an ambulance then just sat there looking in the mirror at it

Why do people panic so much