The grumpy thread

outlaw118

Yesterday..after a months deprivation of no cannabis..i came within minutes of an ambulance being  called as i was about to head into a gran mal seizure...which is potentialy deadly for me. Im trying to raise money for medical cannabis..CBD with a THC content is what works for me. If u guys can help out i would be more than grateful.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/private-cannabis-treatment-for-epilepsy?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=p_cf+share-flow-1

Guilty at not really giving the 545 much tlc I fitted a new expansion tank as the float was missing when I bought the car.

Hos has it repaid me? By leaking at a joint on the return pipe. When I have attempted to fix the leak the plastic pipe along the top of the rad has broken. 17 years of sky high temperatures have made it as brittle as a cadbury twirl. Obviously the new cap is holding the pressure much better than the new one. I new pipe was £45 from the stealer.

No such thing as a cheap e60.

Rang Pete te mechanic and berated him solidly, used harsh words and everyting... 'When the fuck are you gonna fix my brakes?' Only been waiting about 3 or 4 months but he's busy and has broad shoulders so can stand the abuse metered out to him by myself and others. We all know he's a useless fucker but a damn good mechanic.

Still makes you a bit grumpy.... got to ring him in a fortnight...

Bastard.  Boiler decides to die just after we put the house up for sale.  So that’s at least £2000 I have to shell out which I won’t get the benefit of.  

What’s worse is the pipework going to the boiler is 15mm.  Modern combi’s need 22mm.  The main pipe is 22mm out of the main so it shrinks somewhere under the floor so a possibility I may have to rip up the kitchen floor, part of the kitchen wall and some of the kitchen units in order for the pipes to be changed.  Considering I just had all the flooring changed I am not a happy bunny as I really don’t want to spend thousands on a house I am leaving.

On tip of that I am doing a finance exam via correspondence for my move to NZ.  One practice section of questions needed a score of 10/10.  First time I got 9.  Second time I got 9.  Third time I was reviewing my answers, realised I had one wrong but just as I went to alter it, my finger grazed the trackpad just as the cursor hovered over the submit button and it submitted.  

“Sorry you have failed”.  Turns out that they weren’t practice questions but actual assessed answers.  

The upshot is I can complete the rest of the module, but because of that mistake I won’t be awarded the certificate.  The only way I can do it is to repurchase the module at a cost of £700 and start it again next month.

I have refrained from shouting cunt, but have allowed myself four loud bollocks, an indeterminate about of fucking hells, several shits, and at least three pissflaps.  

Fuck today.  Today can go fuck itself with a spiky broomstick.

Feeling a little fed up today, spent yesterday doing the drivers side drop link on the Stilo. As it started rattling a few week's back. Had a nightmare changing it compared to replacing the passenger side previously, but got it sorted in the end [5 hours ] with some help.

Today the car is rattling again from the passenger side, jacked it up but couldn't replicate the problem. An to cheer me up, it's also decided to make some random horrible noise intermittently from round the lower cambelt pulley. Which I can't trace either as it shut up as soon as the bonnet opened!

Then the Tailgate refused to open from the outside switch, although still worked fine off the remote key. Guessing Micro switch? 

Really could have done without the headache, when I'm skint already and the Mot is due in 3 week's time. Hopefully next week will bring better news. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episodes/p08pldr0/i-am-not-a-rapist

BBC I am not a rapist 

The description says gripping and it certainly is

The story of 3 young men falsely accused of rape 

Unbelievable that one took 2 years to come to court , in court his defence lawyer asked for evidence from her phone but the prosecution didn't have any because the police never passed it on 

She got it and there were thousands of texts from her totally blowing her case out of the water 

Another lad got released while they made further investigations despite no evidence  ,his sister said he was broken , completely changed ,  heard nothing for months so he rang them to be told she'd dropped the charges and no further action

He hung himself , he went to the shop , bought his favourite drink, bag of crisps and a rope then went into the woods , on the anniversary of his death his mum hung herself , only his sister was left 

None of the cases were ever recorded as false allegations of rape 

Why don't they get charged 

I’ve never had such rude replies to an agreement to buy a car on here ever.  In a decade of enjoying the forum.  Am fuming.  So aye,  I’ll be off again for a while.  
I love this place, but Jesus.  There really are some moments when I want to just freak out.

and no, it certainly isnae Wuvvum.  Who is a solid gent.  By the way.

2 hours ago, Burnside said:

Today the car is rattling again from the passenger side, jacked it up but couldn't replicate the problem. An to cheer me up, it's also decided to make some random horrible noise intermittently from round the lower cambelt pulley. Which I can't trace either as it shut up as soon as the bonnet opened!

Rattly bonnet?

7 hours ago, binhoker668 said:

I’ve never had such rude replies to an agreement to buy a car on here ever.  In a decade of enjoying the forum.  Am fuming.  So aye,  I’ll be off again for a while.  
I love this place, but Jesus.  There really are some moments when I want to just freak out.

and no, it certainly isnae Wuvvum.  Who is a solid gent.  By the way.

I've not seen anything. What rude replies? The only thing I can see was my very light hearted reply to the lack of updates.

As a follow up I contacted the NZ college about my exam failure as the answer they had me marked down as incorrect was actually correct.

One email later they admitted their system was wrong and they amended my result to a pass.  Phew, at least I don’t have to resubmit and resit. 

10 hours ago, binhoker668 said:

Stuff.

1 hour ago, Inspector Morose said:

More stuff.

The problem here, I suspect, is that the two of you have never met in person.  Sending text-based communication in what is a non-business environment (IE without the professional disconnection that is expected at work) to someone you don't know is almost always a disaster.   It's bad enough making a telephone call, but at least then you can hear the inflections and nuances in peoples voices.  With Text, even that tiny hint of connection is gone.  Using just words restricts our ability to communicate to under 10% of what we would have in person.

Case in point:  I enquired about and arranged to purchase some bits and pieces from facebook marketplace recently.  The seller didn't give me much confidence in his messaging, and I was beginning to think he might be a bit of a knob.  When I met him, I could not have been more wrong.. pleasant guy, very helpful.  I got the bits I wanted and everything was fine.  Reading over his messages again, now having met him, they read completely differently, as I can imagine HIM saying what he typed, not just a faceless ramdomer from Arsebook.  They now sound perfectly pleasant, something they didn't do before I met him.

So.  Please.  Both of you take a deep breath and put it down to the fact that communicating over messaging is almost guaranteed to cause this kind of shit.  Neither of you set out to piss anyone else off (I hope!) and I would bet any amount of cash that had you met in person to do this transaction, it would have gone smoothly.  Blame the communication methodology, not the person.

Unless you end up meeting in person and still think the other is an arsehole.  That's completely different.  :mrgreen:

7 minutes ago, Talbot said:

.Neither of you set out to piss anyone else off (I hope!) and I would bet any amount of cash that had you met in person to do this transaction, it would have gone smoothly.  Blame the communication methodology, not the person.

This. The amount of times I see two completely mature reasonable adults lose the rag over implied disrespect via email or text on a daily basis is quite something, and I admit I've done the same far too many times, especially when I've been having a rough day. The majority of communication is nonverbal and when you remove that you're left with a chasm of potential misunderstanding.

1 hour ago, Inspector Morose said:

Ah, you want to make it public? Lets have my side shall we?

You agreed to buy my car yesterday evening and asked if you could pick it up and drive it away this morning. Then you messaged again, and again, and again with comments in the vein of “i thought you wanted to sell straight away as you advertised it”. I explained that I’ve got to clear it out of my stuff and that I wasn’t expecting someone to be wanting it after agreeing to buy it a matter of hours later. But you still kept on with the assertions that I was being a dick for not doing so.

This bit I’m not so proud of but I lost my rag at you. I’m sorry for that but you were pushing my buttons at that point. I wrote and explained that you didn't know what I did for a living Or the hours that I worked and that wanting me to sort my daily driver out within hours of you agreeing to buy it (no deposit sent or offered to keep it but I trusted you had the money and would pay). I then (after getting a gist of your backhanded assertions in your previous messages that I was being a dick for not doing what you ask) Said that you can call me a dick, a cunt or whatever derogatory terms you like and that the car was off sale. I removed the advert and went to sleep.

Look, I’m sorry if you felt that way but you were being unreasonable in your constant requests. Agree to pick it up the weekend? No problem, it gave me a bit more time to sort it out and use a bit of the full tank of fuel that I’d just put in. If I’m honest (going on my previous experiences of selling and buying on here)  I wasn’t expecting much of a response let alone one who was, to me, quite pushy in their approach to buying a car.

you have your opinion on the matter and I have mine. We are different people and we’ll take different views on what went on. I don’t think I was that rude in the same way you won’t think you were that pushy. We’ll have to agree to disagree on that one but for gods sake, lets move on from this. Life’s too short for all of this. The Saab is now not advertised on here nor now will it ever be.

Reading that you wished to take this public  has saddened me and I think from now on to save myself any stress, I won’t be buying or selling anything on here again. As someone who’s just returned here after a while away ((lots of not very nice reasons that I don’t want to discuss on here), after this morning, I don’t think I’ll be heading back here again that often either.

I’d happily still sit down with you with a pint and chew the fat over all of  this but judging by your wording here, I’m pretty sure you wouldn’t want to. 

Andrew.

Hmm.  Not actually how it all went down.  I screenshotted it all just in case too.

But listen - I didn’t make it public, in that I mentioned no names and gave no details.  Was just letting off steam on here really.  It’s a grumpy thread.

All a bit unfortunate really.

Any urgency on my part was simply due to some heinous personal stuff going on right now.  
My apologies for any offence perceived.

I’ll be off for a while I guess.  
Not used to this stuff happening.

I once roped a mate into taking me to view a car that was on a car forum, a couple of hours round trip plus viewing. 

It was a decent car, I had the cash with me. He refused to sell it to me, because he needed to find another otherwise he had no way of getting to work the next day. Or week.  I have him my phone number and said that he should phone me, if he actually decided to sell ever.  9 years later I'm still waiting. Cash is still in my bag (not) 

Anyway chill. 

1 hour ago, Talbot said:

The problem here, I suspect, is that the two of you have never met in person.  Sending text-based communication in what is a non-business environment (IE without the professional disconnection that is expected at work) to someone you don't know is almost always a disaster.   It's bad enough making a telephone call, but at least then you can hear the inflections and nuances in peoples voices.  With Text, even that tiny hint of connection is gone.  Using just words restricts our ability to communicate to under 10% of what we would have in person.

Case in point:  I enquired about and arranged to purchase some bits and pieces from facebook marketplace recently.  The seller didn't give me much confidence in his messaging, and I was beginning to think he might be a bit of a knob.  When I met him, I could not have been more wrong.. pleasant guy, very helpful.  I got the bits I wanted and everything was fine.  Reading over his messages again, now having met him, they read completely differently, as I can imagine HIM saying what he typed, not just a faceless ramdomer from Arsebook.  They now sound perfectly pleasant, something they didn't do before I met him.

So.  Please.  Both of you take a deep breath and put it down to the fact that communicating over messaging is almost guaranteed to cause this kind of shit.  Neither of you set out to piss anyone else off (I hope!) and I would bet any amount of cash that had you met in person to do this transaction, it would have gone smoothly.  Blame the communication methodology, not the person.

Unless you end up meeting in person and still think the other is an arsehole.  That's completely different.  :mrgreen:

This is also true when it comes to partners..mine can read way too much into a simple message and BOOM the doghouse beckons..

2 hours ago, Inspector Morose said:

I explained that I’ve got to clear it out of my stuff and that I wasn’t expecting someone to be wanting it after agreeing to buy it a matter of hours later.

wanting me to sort my daily driver out within hours of you agreeing to buy it 

a bit more time to sort it out and use a bit of the full tank of fuel that I’d just put in. If I’m honest (going on my previous experiences of selling and buying on here)  I wasn’t expecting much of a response

Given that you've decided to post your experience up, you're clearly looking for validation.  However, the one thing that stands out for me from your post is that the car wasn't actually ready for sale.  Previous experience of buying and selling is no measure of what may happen this time.  If you wanted to sell a car, it really needs to be ready for sale the moment the advert goes up, or you have to be completely clear that "the car will only be available from xxxxx date onwards as I'm still using it"  (which is fair enough.. a pre-advert if you will)

I've bought cars within hours (sometimes minutes) of the advert going live.  Similarly, the limited number of cars I have sold have all been emptied/washed/vacuumed/drained of excess fuel and photographed before the advert goes live, and I am no longer using the car at that point.  As soon as the advert goes up, it's ready to be driven/trailered away.  It could take anything from 10 minutes to 10 weeks to sell a car, so you have to be ready for any eventuality.

Only exception possibly being if you advertise a car on ebay, so the advert is running while you're still using the car for a week.  It's a risky thing to do as if the car gets hit/crashed/written off/petrol bombed, you then have the situation where people have bid on something that's no longer in existence, but that's a different issue.

3 minutes ago, Inspector Morose said:

FFS. I tell you what folks, I’ll just not bother...

A well rounded, reasoned and considered response.   And yes, I'm being a sarcastic twat.

If you'd rather just throw your toys out of the pram, rather than actually have a discussion, that might hint at why you've had a problem with this transaction.

How about stop trying to wade into someone else’s problems and giving your reasoned opinions based upon, what by your own words can be misread, misconstrued or taken the wrong way?

The line has been drawn and its already over as far as I’m concerned. You have no fucking idea what went on and how I was thinking at the moment so, with respect, stop trying to stir the pot.

I just wish to move on and forget it all.

On 9/9/2020 at 10:41 AM, paulplom said:

I've been on the gov site. There are no walk in tests available and no home tests. The nearest drive in one is Carlisle 50 odd miles away with only 5 spaces available.. The government are doing really great with this shit. They boil my fucking piss.

A friend of a friend in Horsham needs a Covid test, nearest space, Chichester 33  miles.... Next nearest.... On the Isle of Wight, a different fkin country, 65 miles and a ferry ride, easy for someone who can't drive. But don't worry he only works in a restaurant where they recently rammed in 600 people in one day on Boris food vouchers then went on the piss to a small pub where social distancing is pretty much impossible especially after a few cocktails and they tend to think they are invincible... EYN9_WGWoAAJZup.thumb.jpeg.fb6ca840e8e0594d6422732ec7827ca9.jpeg