The grumpy thread

outlaw118

21 minutes ago, MikeR said:

I am allowed to stand in a high place and tell the world to just FUCK OFF !!!!

index.jpg.432e2fa0b0232f6a7c166f13b7af2a9b.jpg

No.  You have to rise above the shit, and deal with it like a super hero.  

Take a step back and apply logic.  

Went round to MrsR's Grandad's this afternoon to collect some cameras and some old Technics Hi-Fi stuff that he'd asked me to sell, only to find that my FIL has skipped the Technics kit!

Really unreasonably grumpy about it, but it was lovely stainless steel kit too.

Had to go to the vets to get Phoebe's pills... £242! They are solid gold though obviously :( 

Also got Bravecto for them both - another £80 odd then went to the shop and spent another £50 odd and then I wonder why I feel poor!  Took them out, broke my vape pen thing so back to the shop, saw other stuff I forgot the first time and managed to spend another £28, I really don't know how I manage to blow through cash so quickly but then, I suppose over £320 on the dogs in one go will do that :( 

Also, feel like poo, been so dizzy all weekend every time I stand up, I fall down (I usually do this but am now doing it with more style) so when I got home, tried to have something nice to eat. Got about 25% of the way thru it and had to go to the little boys room in a frightful hurry.

Fed up, sick, dizzy and poor. Bugger...

44 minutes ago, xtriple said:

Had to go to the vets to get Phoebe's pills... £242! They are solid gold though obviously :( 

Also got Bravecto for them both - another £80 odd then went to the shop and spent another £50 odd and then I wonder why I feel poor!  Took them out, broke my vape pen thing so back to the shop, saw other stuff I forgot the first time and managed to spend another £28, I really don't know how I manage to blow through cash so quickly but then, I suppose over £320 on the dogs in one go will do that :( 

Also, feel like poo, been so dizzy all weekend every time I stand up, I fall down (I usually do this but am now doing it with more style) so when I got home, tried to have something nice to eat. Got about 25% of the way thru it and had to go to the little boys room in a frightful hurry.

Fed up, sick, dizzy and poor. Bugger...

Can you not buy their medication online?

5 minutes ago, paulplom said:

Can you not buy their medication online?

You can, but... you still need a prescription for the meds, for which the vets make a charge and the script only lasts for 3 or 6 months. Bravecto last 3 months at a time and I don't think it's much cheaper elsewhere. Her other pills, I may be better off buying them online but as we have changed vets so much in the last few months, better to build a relationship with this new one? I get them both Yumove plus which is a fortune from the vets, about £50 from Amazon but if you buy it direct from Yumove (no prescription needed) it's £24 for the same quantities! They always send you a 30% off voucher with every order so makes it much better.

I am grumpy today, and for a change it is not automotive related.

Most realise I live in a fairly* remote location, so there is plenty of wildlife around. Whilst back home in the middle of my work trips, I made a visit to my tyre changing shed where I discovered several large piles of animal crap. Strange, as that shed has, and has never had, any source of food in it. I could not identify what animal it was from, but my friend Pete, an ex wildlife ranger visited and I asked his opinion. He was not sure but took a sample away for identification.

A couple of days later I found a sample of the same crap in the middle of the top step from my rear patio.

A few days after that, I had word from Pete saying it was from one of these:

pmarten.thumb.jpg.42aa68c229dafea0035e5744290699be.jpg

Yep, a Pine Marten. So far so good.

Two days ago, the damned thing decided my loft would make a nice place to play, and it announced its arrival by chewing on the woodwork at 3am. Last night was a repeat performance. Now, these animals are protected, their dens are protected and they are fairly rare. I am not allowed to shoot it :-) trap it or even evict it and of course the authorities know it is here having identified the scat. As they are nocturnal, I have switched on the lights in my loft hoping it will dislike the light and move out.

To cap it all, some of the local deer population decided to eat my lawn last night and have ripped up large sections.

In summary I would still rather have wildlife than chav neighbours, but today I am not a wildlife fan.

We had a Martin, of some sorts around our house too. Only seen at a distance so hard to say which type. It was larger than weasel for sure.

We had a  "scratching" noise in the roof, (there is no attic over this part) We set up a electronic mouse

So maybe try a similar gadget?

Recently, we had several attacks by wild boar digging up grass. That is some damage.

Went browsing eBay for classic cars for the first time in a while.

Fuck me, the prices... That's me well and truly out of the market for pre-1980s chod. You're looking £1500 for full on restos, £3k for tarted up giffer chariots and £5k for anything decent. Even just bog standard 1960s British porridge, Austin A35s and Morris Minors with sills and floors made of underseal and dreams.

5 hours ago, captain_70s said:

Went browsing eBay for classic cars for the first time in a while.

Fuck me, the prices... That's me well and truly out of the market for pre-1980s chod. You're looking £1500 for full on restos, £3k for tarted up giffer chariots and £5k for anything decent. Even just bog standard 1960s British porridge, Austin A35s and Morris Minors with sills and floors made of underseal and dreams.

The "no tax and Mot" thing has jacked prices up dramatically

14 hours ago, Saabnut said:

I am grumpy today, and for a change it is not automotive related.

Most realise I live in a fairly* remote location, so there is plenty of wildlife around. Whilst back home in the middle of my work trips, I made a visit to my tyre changing shed where I discovered several large piles of animal crap. Strange, as that shed has, and has never had, any source of food in it. I could not identify what animal it was from, but my friend Pete, an ex wildlife ranger visited and I asked his opinion. He was not sure but took a sample away for identification.

A couple of days later I found a sample of the same crap in the middle of the top step from my rear patio.

A few days after that, I had word from Pete saying it was from one of these:

pmarten.thumb.jpg.42aa68c229dafea0035e5744290699be.jpg

Yep, a Pine Marten. So far so good.

Two days ago, the damned thing decided my loft would make a nice place to play, and it announced its arrival by chewing on the woodwork at 3am. Last night was a repeat performance. Now, these animals are protected, their dens are protected and they are fairly rare. I am not allowed to shoot it :-) trap it or even evict it and of course the authorities know it is here having identified the scat. As they are nocturnal, I have switched on the lights in my loft hoping it will dislike the light and move out.

To cap it all, some of the local deer population decided to eat my lawn last night and have ripped up large sections.

In summary I would still rather have wildlife than chav neighbours, but today I am not a wildlife fan.

I hope its not the type that likes rubber hoses... When I worked in a garage in germany, I often had to repair cars that were running rough because of a martens teeth marks in a vacuum hose hidden deep down the back of the engine, which doesnt show any errors on the big expensive diagnostics computer... 

By the way incase your wondering, Im just up the road from you. How are the cobra parts holding up that I made for duncan to fit?

53 minutes ago, yohan said:

I hope its not the type that likes rubber hoses... When I worked in a garage in germany, I often had to repair cars that were running rough because of a martens teeth marks in a vacuum hose hidden deep down the back of the engine, which doesnt show any errors on the big expensive diagnostics computer... 

By the way incase your wondering, Im just up the road from you. How are the cobra parts holding up that I made for duncan to fit?

Hi Yohan, parts are fitted and working well. Cobra is away on its holidays getting a bit of engine fettling

Thought I'd check the fabled Autoshite Landrover:

D701 SWL

Untaxed

Tax due:
29 March 2011
Incorrect tax status?

MOT

Expired:
13 June 2007
Incorrect MOT status?
!WarningIf you've just bought this vehicle the tax or SORN doesn't come with it. You'll need to tax it before driving it.

Vehicle Details

Vehicle make
LAND ROVER
Date of first registration
June 1987
Year of manufacture
Cylinder capacity
3528 cc
CO₂ emissions
Not available
Fuel type
PETROL
Euro status
Not available
Real Driving Emissions (RDE)
Not available
Export marker
No
Vehicle status
Untaxed
Vehicle colour
BLUE
Vehicle type approval
Not available
Wheelplan
2 AXLE RIGID BODY
Revenue weight
Not available
Date of last V5C (logbook) issued
17 June 2008

View the tax rates for this vehicle

If you have the latest 11 digit reference number from the V5C registration certificate (logbook) you can view the tax rates for this vehicle.

Incorrect vehicle details?Return to GOV.UK

Print this page

Search for another vehicle

Support links

All content is available under the, Open Government Licence v3.0 except where otherwise stated

Our fridge has been playing up occasionally not keeping the correct temperature.  I "fixed" it by wedging the little flap that regulates the cold air partially open but recently I've noticed puddles under the fridge.

I took the back off and checked the drains, which didn't look like they where clearing. So I clear then all, emptied the drip tray etc. 2 hours later the puddle is back.

I lift up the fridge and can see it's wet but no obvious source of the leak. Given it's 14 years old and was playing up anyway we decided to replace it.

The new one arrived from AO yesterday and they take the old one away. We get it all plugged in, 2 hours later there's the puddle of water back. WTF!

I pull the fridge out and and see a wet pipe. Then i see a drip. 

It looks like the fridge was fine we have a leak somewhere up the stairs which is running down some boxed in pipes and going onto the floor exactly in the location the fridge sits.

i've just paid for a new fridge now I'll need to pay for a plumber to come out and try to figure it why it's leaking.,.

Someone's got the radio on in an office diagonal to mine.

Magic FM... I think

Now, I'm more than aware my musical tastes are not mainstream, but this really is the sonic version of porridge. Made with water. I've been working an hour and they've just played Natasha Bedingfield, followed by Take That, and there was definitely some Whitney Houston earlier.

I'm shutting the door so I can listen to my arteries harden.