The grumpy thread

outlaw118

28 minutes ago, MikeR said:

knob eads in big black flash cars who think you are going to push into the q for the inside lane at  the start of the motorway , and they lean on the horns and give the " I am snitching on you "  stare

when you are just nipping round to the other 2  outer lanes of the motorway that every one is too scared to q for ...  and they never catch you up because the traffic lights change !!

dash cam footage please. 

I've been shopped to the council tax people. Gf pretty much lives here but I pay single persons allowance. We still have the other house where she pays single allowance. Not sure what the crack is. Neither of us claim any benefits. Most of her clothes etc are still at hers. I know when you're dole scum/fiddling you're allowed to stay at some one else's three days a week without it affecting you're benefits. Not sure how it affects someone that pays their way.

I think I know who shopped us. I had an argument with a neighbour the other day that got quite heated. If he hadn't run away when I went for him I'd have been locked up.

4 minutes ago, paulplom said:

I've been shopped to the council tax people. Gf pretty much lives here but I pay single persons allowance. We still have the other house where she pays single allowance. Not sure what the crack is. Neither of us claim any benefits. Most of her clothes etc are still at hers. I know when you're dole scum/fiddling you're allowed to stay at some one else's three days a week without it affecting you're benefits. Not sure how it affects someone that pays their way.

I think I know who shopped us. I had an argument with a neighbour the other day that got quite heated. If he hadn't run away when I went for him I'd have been locked up.

Surely if she's still getting her post and paying council tax on the other house then she still technically lives there, no matter how often she  visits yours..

I'm sure when most ppl are dating they go through similar..

10 hours ago, rainagain said:

My bank are pissing me off. I went paperless a while back. I now need an actual printed statement for ID purposes. I asked them on live chat and was told they’d send one out. Two weeks passed, no statement. So I called them, the woman apologised and promised to send one out. Another two weeks have passed and guess what, no statement. 

I’m going to call them, put in a complaint and go back to paper statements. It‘s only their money they’ll now be wasting having to post me a statement every month. 

reason number ***** why the UK need ID cards.

8 hours ago, Tadhg Tiogar said:

I did. I need a replacement machine now.....

You don't when I need to use one for business we used this service.

https://www.myfax.eu/

Fax machines are still used in Spain

Every office has the obligatory typewriter.  I have not seen one of those used for a few years

You seen food trucks, you more than likely hated the idea of an old van cut up in a conversion.

Well here is the next example of that Hipster movement. An ex-fire truck stuck in a field for you to sleep in.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/travel/uk-ireland/inside-former-1950s-fire-truck-22623140

I am not going to look at the website, linked to by the Mirror, to see how much it costs to sleep in this lorry which has no loo, bathroom or electricity. They only take you to the truck, but leaving you have to walk to your vehicle which is parked some distance away.

I do like the lorry though.

The Beermoth is a former fire truck converted into camping accommodation

On 9/2/2020 at 6:31 PM, Borsuq said:

Does anyone else get a bit weird when you can't drive your sheds for a while? I've not been able to go for a drive at all (other than taking what a call a scenic route back from work) in 2 weeks, and haven't driven my FSO in about 3 weeks, and that kinda put me on edge. I think I'm really feeling now that winter is coming and my cars will have to go in storage till spring again so I'm feeling a lot of pressure to drive them.

I'm also kinda annoyed with myself for buying a nice Polonez. I wanted one partially because I was craving a shed I could rock all year round, but now that I've bought a really well preserved one it'd be a real shame to ruin it.

Weather better fucking improve soon cause I'm not mentally ready to give up my shit cars for they year quite yet.

Also, in other news, I've been denied a raise I thought was pretty much guaranteed, so that's pretty damn annoying.

Yes, me. I'm glad I pulled my finger out and got my Austin Somerset back on the road. Having an old crock on the road does wonders for the old mental health.

6 minutes ago, somewhatfoolish said:

The plastic ones aren't bad if you're a mingebag and want containers to keep bits of something while its dismantled or whatever, but tinfoil ones are a hard no.

That's a waste of what looks like a nice Commer Superpoise.

Funnily enough, I’ve just filled one of the big deep draws in my roll cabinet toll box with those plastic takeaway tubs. They’re brilliant for storing nuts, bolts, washers, clips etc etc in and keeping it all tidy and separate from each other.

Loads of them in the garage too full of Capri bits!

Self-isolating as of today.  Went to work feeling a bit rough, didn't really think about it (brain not working due to symptoms), measured my temp there as 38.4.  Which means I have to have 7 days off, and get tested.  

I didn't want 7 days off.  The test is horrible (I've seen how far they stick the big cotton bud down your throat/nose).  My daughter's friends were arranging a surprise party for her this weekend.  

Under normal circumstances a bit of flu would mean a couple of days off watching the telly.  At the moment it means I've got an enforced week off, an unpleasant test, I'm the world's worst parent, and I've only got maybe half an evening's booze.  

On the upside, I do have to sit in a room on my own looking at the internet and watching youtube videos.  

The plastic ones aren't bad if you're a mingebag and want containers to keep bits of something while its dismantled or whatever, but tinfoil ones are a hard no.
That's a waste of what looks like a nice Commer Superpoise.
For storing odds and sods in the house..
I mean shed.

1 hour ago, paulplom said:

Bit of a shocker this morning. Gas hob is Shiremoor 1st job. Young lad hung himself on the bannister here at the weekend. Puts things into perspective. Fucking hell man. Lived here with his grandparents. Luckily they're away.

20200904_082204.jpg

Shit. 

Do you have to step around everything to work or is it sacked off now? 

8 minutes ago, Tadhg Tiogar said:

Right up there with getting on the right train but missing your stop....

Yeah I have done that before too, I now set an alarm on my phone ten minutes before my stop so I can't doze off and miss it. I got on the wrong train because I was on the right platform but an earlier train was running late so when it pulled in I assumed it was mine but nope, going to pay more attention this time.

11 hours ago, Tadhg Tiogar said:

Took me a while to work out that they actually had a Chinese for tea (meaning dinner / supper in my book)

I live in Grimsby,  speaking posh around here will get you burnt at the stake. Christ even being able to construct a cogent sentence raises suspicion.

I won't even go in to the grief I get on local Facebook pages for correcting spelling. I mean, I'm not a genius, but good god some people are as thick as pig muck.

2 minutes ago, Tadhg Tiogar said:

My condolences. 

My little brother and I were actually born in Norfolk. That's slightly better isn't it?

99% of my family (what's left of them!) are from various places dotted around Yorkshire, so quite how we ended up here I don't know.

34 minutes ago, beko1987 said:

Shit. 

Do you have to step around everything to work or is it sacked off now? 

I've done the hob. He killed himself last weekend. His grandparents have fucked off away for a few days while we finish the kitxhen. I had to go upstairs to the airing cupboard. There's no sign at all of anything that's happened. Towels on the bannister etc. Very strange. 

16 hours ago, Remspoor said:

You seen food trucks, you more than likely hated the idea of an old van cut up in a conversion.

Well here is the next example of that Hipster movement. An ex-fire truck stuck in a field for you to sleep in.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/travel/uk-ireland/inside-former-1950s-fire-truck-22623140

I am not going to look at the website, linked to by the Mirror, to see how much it costs to sleep in this lorry which has no loo, bathroom or electricity. They only take you to the truck, but leaving you have to walk to your vehicle which is parked some distance away.

I do like the lorry though.

The Beermoth is a former fire truck converted into camping accommodation

I'm sure I remember this from one of those tv programmes, amazing spaces, fancy sheds, etc. Mainly because it appeared to have a Rayburn cooking range in it and wondering how it would handle on the road. Still at least it would be fairly easy to strip it all back out if you wanted to use it properly.

Fucking car dealers

I agreed to sell my car to a well respected performance car dealer because I was Ok with their offer and it meant they'd sort all the PCP out with ford finance so I left them to it

I get two figures from them , one to to pay the finance balance off , one the balance of their offer coming to me

Day arrived, they pay me , pay off the finance and take the car, all done and dusted before the next payment date so that's it over with

Only at the end of the month another payment gets taken out of my account so I ring Ford Finance to see what's going on

Instead of getting a balance for the 24th ,they day they took it they asked for a balance  at the end of the month the 31st so one payment was outstanding

So not only have they taken the car , they've also taken another payment as an extra kick in the nuts

I know it's my fault for not checking myself and they have paid the amount they said they would but it's a clever way of making you think you're getting more than you are.

Of course it's an admin error

3 hours ago, paulplom said:

I've done the hob. He killed himself last weekend. His grandparents have fucked off away for a few days while we finish the kitxhen. I had to go upstairs to the airing cupboard. There's no sign at all of anything that's happened. Towels on the bannister etc. Very strange. 

I've had that feeling

My son was at uni at the start of lockdown in a rented house, he decided to stay there, about 2 weeks in his girlfriend dumped him and left unknown to us, replies to texts got less frequent, then not at all so his sister and me drove up there

His room is on the ground floor, curtains closed, no answer banging, calling, nothing

I got that Oh fuck feeling but before kicking the door in I thought I better go to the only shop in walking distance hoping to find him buying microwave meals and Pizzas , showed the girl behind the till a picture , knows him but not seen him for a few days , I felt physically sick as I rang the police

They said they'd send somebody round but were unlikely to authorise a break in as he might just be out for a walk

Then the phone rang, it was his sister, the little fucker couldn't be bothered to change his bedding so was asleep on the top floor , stood there in his pyjamas like neil from the young ones when I got there, wondering what all the fuss was about

I was so relieved I couldn't be angry with him but fuck me I 'm still getting that sick feeling thinking about it while I'm typing this

I've been to one suicide funeral, they're incredibly sad , I never want to go to another.