The grumpy thread

outlaw118

My bank are pissing me off. I went paperless a while back. I now need an actual printed statement for ID purposes. I asked them on live chat and was told they’d send one out. Two weeks passed, no statement. So I called them, the woman apologised and promised to send one out. Another two weeks have passed and guess what, no statement. 

I’m going to call them, put in a complaint and go back to paper statements. It‘s only their money they’ll now be wasting having to post me a statement every month. 

My bank are pissing me off. I went paperless a while back. I now need an actual printed statement for ID purposes. I asked them on live chat and was told they’d send one out. Two weeks passed, no statement. So I called them, the woman apologised and promised to send one out. Another two weeks have passed and guess what, no statement. 

I’m going to call them, put in a complaint and go back to paper statements. It‘s only their money they’ll now be wasting having to post me a statement every month. 
Is there no function on the app/ website to download and print a pdf version? - I was having the same issue but my solicitor confirmed a pdf was OK as ID.

1 minute ago, Cheggers said:
7 minutes ago, rainagain said:

Read more  

Is there no function on the app/ website to download and print a pdf version? - I was having the same issue but my solicitor confirmed a pdf was OK as ID.

Sadly my solicitor is insisting on a printed copy. Probably because they are the only people I know who still use fax machines as apparently they’re more secure than email. 

Warning.  DPD are the only company I've experienced in the last 5 months of mayhem who still insist on a signature when delivering a parcel.

I was on the phone earlier on - heard a knock on the door.  I knew it was DPD as they'd text and emailed twice in the previous 30 minutes.  I carried on the phone as all that happens with Herpes is the knock, drop and run.

Nope.  DPD disregard the lights on, the sound of me on the phone and the fact I may well be shielding and fuck off with my parcel.  Contents to the value of £8.

Cracking COVID protocol, lads.  Fucking brilliant. 

TBH I don't give a flying shit, it's two inner tubes for a bike that I can't use until Sunday.  But I'm bemused they still want actual contact.  

1 hour ago, fairkens said:

who has a flipping fax machine now anyway

Solicitors.  Still one of the simplest, quickest and most secure ways of sending documents from point to point.  You can also use the transmission receipt in court as proof of sending.  

It's the same as cassette tapes.  The biggest user of them until about 2 years ago was the police force.  It's very easy to edit and manipulate recordings on a hard drive - but almost impossible on a cassette.  Any edit (with a razor blade and tape) would be clearly visible.  

Horrah for old tech.

2 minutes ago, BorniteIdentity said:

Solicitors.  Still one of the simplest, quickest and most secure ways of sending documents from point to point.  You can also use the transmission receipt in court as proof of sending.  

It's the same as cassette tapes.  The biggest user of them until about 2 years ago was the police force.  It's very easy to edit and manipulate recordings on a hard drive - but almost impossible on a cassette.  Any edit (with a razor blade and tape) would be clearly visible.  

Horrah for old tech.

Fax machines are still incredibly popular in Japan too, amazingly. 

43 minutes ago, BorniteIdentity said:

Solicitors.  

I am one, cannot remember the last time I received a fax and haven't sent one in over ten years. We have a fancy system that converts emails to faxes (and vice versa) so it would be easy to do.

I agree that it's simple and secure, as long as it has paper in it its not a problem! 

2 minutes ago, fairkens said:

I am one, cannot remember the last time I received a fax and haven't sent one in over ten years. We have a fancy system that converts emails to faxes (and vice versa) so it would be easy to do.

I agree that it's simple and secure, as long as it has paper in it its not a problem! 

Conveyancing - mainly - I think.  I haven't worked in Estate Agency for a long, long time now - but my Dad is still going and we were talking about them still being fairly prolific just the other day!

1 hour ago, BorniteIdentity said:

You can do all of that with most email providers too, though our last but one solicitors fell for an O365 phishing campaign and ignored me when I pointed out that they are compromised..

12 hours ago, djoptix said:

People that call their cars a "track slag" (or "track weapon", even worse).

Universally means it's a shit BMW/MX5 that they have lowered, taken the interior out of, put tow straps on, and probably a host of other modifications which don't make it  go any faster but destroy the resale value.

Cnuts.

Yes! See Clio 172/182. Getting really really hard to find one that isn't stripped out/rollcage/aftermarket seats in. 

Ridiculous thing is that these modified cars are being priced the same or higher than the stock and original cars. Despite having less attached to the car...

No surprise that the stock ones are starting to rise in value rapidly now. 

3 hours ago, Tadhg Tiogar said:

I did. I need a replacement machine now.....

The vast majority of all-in-one printer/scanner setups seem to have one built in.  The three I've had since 2003 up to and including the current one certainly all have one.  Just virtually nobody uses them.

I saved the bacon of a friend who suddenly realised they needed to return a document by fax or in person while they were in the middle of a house purchase.

Ah, the good old days, where you could ask a gullible person from another office to fax you some paper as you had run out. Or trying to work out from a phone number who had just sent you a blank document as they had put it in their machine the wrong way around. The worst were the thermal roll type where someone would carefully file the fax, only to discover a few years later that it had faded and was no longer readable.

4 hours ago, rainagain said:

Can you trust your solicitor ? I have a pin card reader thing that throws out 8 random numbers to get into barclays. Get him to log in, phone him with 8 numbers and get him to print them off himself. 

worst were the thermal roll type where someone would carefully file the fax, only to discover a few years later that it had faded and was no longer readable.

I know some one who took the last working copy of a doc that was printed on that stuff and laminated it .....   it came out clear ....

took a while to sort out as well ....

knob eads in big black flash cars who think you are going to push into the q for the inside lane at  the start of the motorway , and they lean on the horns and give the " I am snitching on you "  stare

when you are just nipping round to the other 2  outer lanes of the motorway that every one is too scared to q for ...  and they never catch you up because the traffic lights change !!

28 minutes ago, MikeR said:

knob eads in big black flash cars who think you are going to push into the q for the inside lane at  the start of the motorway , and they lean on the horns and give the " I am snitching on you "  stare

when you are just nipping round to the other 2  outer lanes of the motorway that every one is too scared to q for ...  and they never catch you up because the traffic lights change !!

dash cam footage please. 

I've been shopped to the council tax people. Gf pretty much lives here but I pay single persons allowance. We still have the other house where she pays single allowance. Not sure what the crack is. Neither of us claim any benefits. Most of her clothes etc are still at hers. I know when you're dole scum/fiddling you're allowed to stay at some one else's three days a week without it affecting you're benefits. Not sure how it affects someone that pays their way.

I think I know who shopped us. I had an argument with a neighbour the other day that got quite heated. If he hadn't run away when I went for him I'd have been locked up.

4 minutes ago, paulplom said:

I've been shopped to the council tax people. Gf pretty much lives here but I pay single persons allowance. We still have the other house where she pays single allowance. Not sure what the crack is. Neither of us claim any benefits. Most of her clothes etc are still at hers. I know when you're dole scum/fiddling you're allowed to stay at some one else's three days a week without it affecting you're benefits. Not sure how it affects someone that pays their way.

I think I know who shopped us. I had an argument with a neighbour the other day that got quite heated. If he hadn't run away when I went for him I'd have been locked up.

Surely if she's still getting her post and paying council tax on the other house then she still technically lives there, no matter how often she  visits yours..

I'm sure when most ppl are dating they go through similar..

10 hours ago, rainagain said:

reason number ***** why the UK need ID cards.