The grumpy thread

outlaw118

6 hours ago, BorniteIdentity said:

..... I’ve lost top gear in the automatic Granvia. 

......Possible causes apparently are speed sensor, solenoid, gear oil level and the kph/mph chip failing. 

What odds are you offering on each possible cause?

My money's on "solenoid".

You've got to learn the corporate jargon! ?

PO = purchase order. 

SKU = stock keeping unit (or product code/ part number) 

POD = proof of delivery 

KPI = Key performance indicator

EOD / EOM = End of day / End of month 

COP = Close of play

FYI = I'm sending you this as I have no idea what it is and I want rid of it ASAP. 

TBC = Fuck knows whether we will ever find out. 

ETC = It's just one thing but I want it to look like I've done more. 

Don't you just hate it when someone reminds you of someone in a film but you can't remember who. You can even visualise bits of the film.

Or is it just me.

I gave up in the end, and just said he looked like  James Cosmo on Universal credit.

4 hours ago, High Jetter said:

I'd feel for you if it had ever happened to me since turning 7. :)

Nearly a 40 year run.

Landed on her Mayfair with a hotel twice in a row. Just bad luck so you can't blame my skills at least.

Sold all my property to the bank and had enough to pay it although I had less than £200 left. They're lucky I didn't up end the board when I stormed into the kitchen.

We had the phone call at 145. My nans condition has deteriorated and we need to get here. She passed at 2am. This lady had 8 kids,16 grandkids and 6 great grandchild and as well as raising her own kids raised the grandkids too when parents were at work. She took me and my sister in when my mum (her eldest daughter) died 25 years ago. We lost our grandad 13 years ago and he was like my dad and she was like my mum so I feel like I've lost my mum all over again. We are all distraught. I've now got the delicate task of informing my son later when he wakes up,not disturbing him. 

Really annoyed at myself. Cracked the screen on my phone (Nokia 8.1). Accidentally knocked it off my desk at work. Pissed off because I like to keep my things nice,

Got the phone in march of last year, and I really like to get at least 2 years out of my phones. Also, there's nothing currently out that I'd like to replace it with, not that I can even afford to do it right now. Nokia 8.3 is still over a month away and likely to be too expensive.

At least the phone still works, but it's irritating to use. I guess I'll have to look into having the glass replaced.

EDIT:
Now I feel like a twat posting this without having read what's above. Condolences to bub and outlaw.

Condolences Daz, that's a pisser.

Next door neighbour died 3.30pm yesterday afternoon. Had been battling cancer for a while, but really went downhill in the last 3 months. Into Hospice on Friday just gone, really thought it'd be weeks not days, so a bit shell shocked at the mo.

Fuck Cancer.

Condolences to Daz & Outlaw.

As I mentioned elsewhere a few weeks ago I recently lost my Dad to lymphoma.

It was shocking how quickly he went downhill, even on Father's Day he seemed quite normal.

This was due to it effecting his stomach, and he kept dehydrating and couldn't hold any solid food down.  At first they thought it was the drugs he was taking, and by the time they realised it had spread too far.

He was in and out of hospital a few times, but chose to come home when it was obvious there wasn't anything they could do for him, partially because only my Mum was allowed to visit him there.

Once he was settled it looked like he might last a few weeks, as he never mentally deteriorated, but in the end it was only a week.

Rhys (my lad,hes 14) has taken it hard. Hes resenting his mum even more for the 8 years hes missed with our family meaning he missed out on holidays,days out etc with my nan when she was in better health. I've been to sleep for an hour and woken to realise it wasnt a bad dream. Thanks for well wishes folks. 

@outlaw118 my nan had cancer too but we only found out a couple of weeks back that she played down the severity from when we was told back in january and didnt have any treatment  as she refused. Fuck cancer is correct. @Richard_FM it's hard losing a parent. My condolences.

On 8/26/2020 at 10:11 AM, wuvvum said:

TT's point is valid - given the number of people who are convicted on flaky evidence and released years later following a review, having the death penalty really isn't safe - you can't bring someone back to life if their conviction is quashed.  

QED.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/florida-man-cleared-after-37-years-in-jail-for-rape-and-murder-as-new-dna-evidence-comes-to-light/ar-BB18qplf?ocid=msedgntp

Fuck Cancer indeed.  One of my grandmothers died of it, mainly because she ignored it as she was caring for my grandfather while he was suffering from dementia.  Less than a week after he got a place in a nursing home, she died.

I doubt anything anyone can say will make it easier @bub2006, I hope you're all coping as best you can.

On 8/20/2020 at 7:49 PM, Zelandeth said:

For the price the AA charge I'd expect them to deliver a brand new Rolls-Royce to my location for me to take to my destination while they recover, repair and fully valet my vehicle before dropping it at my door...

If ever you have to call the A.A.....tell them you are a black, one legged pregnant lesbian.....who's due medication [which is at home] a patrol will turn appear before you've finished the phone call........................

4 hours ago, colc said:

If ever you have to call the A.A.....tell them you are a black, one legged pregnant lesbian.....who's due medication [which is at home] a patrol will turn appear before you've finished the phone call........................

I thought trans/non-binary was the new black these days?

5 hours ago, colc said:

Or tell them the truth. 

The con rod has made a hole in the block, so "it won't start".  the car is too low for an A frame, so please send a transporter, and I have only 7% charge on my phone. But I'm safe. White, middle class, middle aged and male, and no plans for the next week.