The grumpy thread

outlaw118

9 hours ago, Wack said:

I'm going to have to avoid Facebook before I have a heart attack 

When did London turn into such a shithole with criminals behaving like they don't have any worries about what might happen if they get caught.

Knife attack , i like the old lady mime , like it happens every day 

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=798097960998557&id=471607460314277&extid=4DqpfJpQkNgDyUBJ&d=null&vh=e

Fuckwits attempt to steal a motorbike 

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1099682793760089&id=471607460314277&extid=u7pLmlKc5EOPUSmL&d=null&vh=e

I think London will soon suffer the ‘donut effect’ like a lot of big cities in the USA. When people with money simply move out of the centre as the crime is so bad, leaving just the scum behind so it gets worse. 

5 hours ago, rainagain said:

I think London will soon suffer the ‘donut effect’ like a lot of big cities in the USA. When people with money simply move out of the centre as the crime is so bad, leaving just the scum behind so it gets worse. 

15 hours ago, Wack said:

I'm going to have to avoid Facebook before I have a heart attack 

When did London turn into such a shithole with criminals behaving like they don't have any worries about what might happen if they get caught.

Knife attack , i like the old lady mime , like it happens every day 

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=798097960998557&id=471607460314277&extid=4DqpfJpQkNgDyUBJ&d=null&vh=e

Fuckwits attempt to steal a motorbike 

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1099682793760089&id=471607460314277&extid=u7pLmlKc5EOPUSmL&d=null&vh=e

It's a reminder not to vote Tory.

16 hours ago, paulplom said:

I haven't bothered with fb or the news now for a couple of months now. I feel a lot better and I'm happier for it.

Ignorance is bliss as they say.

Update for you.......

Moppy is still in the PM. The question is he still in charge?

Boris Johnson and his fiancée Carrie Symonds, 32, have been spending their holiday on the Scottish coast

7 minutes ago, Tadhg Tiogar said:

5-7 days. Then "non-payer" report to eBay, plus blocking of offender to prevent another timewasting bid attempt.

thats the annoying thing, the gobshite has paid (albeit 4 days after auction end - which was 3 days ago) but not replied to any messages. I think their time is up tbh.

EDIT: I should add, its a dishwasher, not exactly going to be posting it.

33 minutes ago, AlsoMike said:

thats the annoying thing, the gobshite has paid (albeit 4 days after auction end - which was 3 days ago) but not replied to any messages. I think their time is up tbh.

Just put it outside and tell him

to make sharp before the scrapman gets it.

Re

44 minutes ago, AlsoMike said:

Reject payment; relist. Never let anything go in person if you were paid via paypal as there's no means of verifying you sent it/they collected* and paypal will give the money back if the buyer puts in a claim. Folding cash money only if it's a collection item.

.* selfies of you and the buyer don't count as far as ebay/paypal are concerned, only a Royal Mail or courier receipt and a tracking number.

I have "lost" several folders full of photos recently. Plus an article I was writing for a club magazine.

Seemed to happen when I have sat at the PC watching some sort  of TV OR Youtube. Ten falling asleep during the not so interesting video.

There is no trace of the files, recovery programmes cannot find a thing.

Maybe it is a file shedder I have, which was on the right click option. Now it is removed in the hope I if I do right click in my sleep I do not do so much damage.  :unsure:

54 minutes ago, beko1987 said:

Had a spot of enthusiasm at lunchtime and went to paint a hoover chassis. Can I find my tin of paint? Nope! 

I've seen it in a few places too so that job is parked until I get the enthusiasm to empty 3 or 4 places it could be. 

I feel your pain. Happens to me all the time when I'm painting hoover chassis.

Just spent 30 minutes trying to change the password on one of my outlook accounts.

We'll text you a code.

Enter code - Temporary problem with service

We'll email you a code to another account.

Log out, log in other account to get code, log out, log back in to original account

Enter code - Temporary problem with service.

Fuck me man.

If you absolutely insist on riding your Harley Davidson on 60mph roads at least try and do somewhere near that speed, not fucking 41mph and slowing down to 27 on the slightest corners., you 3/4 aged crisis, trouser legs flapping in the wind, piss pot helmeted back-and front .

7 hours ago, beko1987 said:

Had a spot of enthusiasm at lunchtime and went to paint a hoover chassis. Can I find my tin of paint? Nope! 

I've seen it in a few places too so that job is parked until I get the enthusiasm to empty 3 or 4 places it could be. 

Oh, you don't have another 324 tins available? Amateur, come see my shed.

2 hours ago, High Jetter said:

Oh, you don't have another 324 tins available? Amateur, come see my shed.

The first thing that crossed my mind was go and buy another tin... But its here somewhere! I've found the silver tin, but it's a 612, it needs gold

7 hours ago, iainrcz said:

Just spent 30 minutes trying to change the password on one of my outlook accounts.

We'll text you a code.

Enter code - Temporary problem with service

We'll email you a code to another account.

Log out, log in other account to get code, log out, log back in to original account

Enter code - Temporary problem with service.

Fuck me man.

My Outlook account has had the same password for the last 23 years.  I've never seen any need to change it.

My Outlook account has had the same password for the last 23 years.  I've never seen any need to change it.
I wouldn't have bothered except they'd locked it, preventing me sending mail.
I looked at the login activity and there was about 100 failed attempts from various IP addresses in Vietnam.

5 minutes ago, robinmasters said:

I've spent the last hour trying to think of something to post in the 'shite you can't stand' thread, but I can't think of anything. 

I don't  hate  anything. I used to hate things. I used to hate lots of things. Must be old age, my opinions are getting more grey/beige.  

I'm the same. I can find redeeming qualities in almost any car these days. Also, I don't think I have the spare energy to feel strongly about stuff like that anymore.

Maybe I'm just lucky that nobody has ever tried to hack mine.  Mind you they'd be disappointed if they did, there's no personal info in there at all apart from my name.
Exactly, I don't use that email address for anything even remotely exciting.
I think just signing up for forums.
Don't even think it's in my real name.

18 hours ago, Cavcraft said:

If you absolutely insist on riding your Harley Davidson on 60mph roads at least try and do somewhere near that speed, not fucking 41mph and slowing down to 27 on the slightest corners., you 3/4 aged crisis, trouser legs flapping in the wind, piss pot helmeted back-and front .

I had one of these Sons of Suburbia types cut in front of me when I was filtering, then slow down to walking pace holding me up (and I don't exactly filter quickly). My anger soon turned to hysterical laughter, however, as the gap between the two lanes narrowed and the wannabe outlaw got wedged between a white van and a Range Rover ? Naturally I was only too happy to do the decent thing and offer my services as a witness lest the stupid bastard decided to deny responsibility later on.