The grumpy thread

outlaw118

4 hours ago, MikeR said:

gone from having no spare shite and everything clear and clean  in the garage , 

to having .

17 inch monitor

19 inch combi tv

23 inch combi tv

54 inch smart tv ......

should I start a telly renting company ?

23 inch for a monitor and 19 inch for the spare room please. 

I am grumpy and flumuxed. 

Omega won't start.  There is fuel. There is jump leads to a running astra, there is new spark plugs (the old ones were ready for replacement) 

The thing turns over.  Not a wiff of firing. 

1 hour ago, New POD said:

Omega won't start.  There is fuel. There is jump leads to a running astra, there is new spark plugs (the old ones were ready for replacement) 

Imobiliser related? It might cut the spark. Can you take an ht lead off and check.

Put your finger in the end of it and crank it over. If you feel a slight tingle, you know you have spark.

20 minutes ago, paulplom said:

Imobiliser related? It might cut the spark. Can you take an ht lead off and check.

Put your finger in the end of it and crank it over. If you feel a slight tingle, you know you have spark.

Changing the spark plugs took over an hour.  There is no plug leads only coil packs, held on by torch bolts, hidden by high pressure fuel lines on one side, and all sorts of pipe and cables on the other. 

I didn't want to risk powering it up with fuel line disconnected. 

2 hours ago, New POD said:

need my timing light to look for the sparks , should be dark soon and it can be used

1 hour ago, ruffgeezer said:

Hope it's not a v6, they were a shit to change the coil pack on. Iirc. 

It had new coil packs about 2 years ago. 

The first few times I removed them it took over 3 hours. I'm pretty good at it now.  6 Spark plugs changed in just over an hour. 

6 minutes ago, omegod said:

Sounds like Crank Sensor New Pod , I have one here if needed 

Can you come and fit it ? I'm not even sure where it sits? Is it for a 3.2 ? I may well take you up on the offer. 

7 minutes ago, New POD said:

Can you come and fit it ? I'm not even sure where it sits? Is it for a 3.2 ? I may well take you up on the offer. 

do a diagnosis as per below, you'd be hoping for a code if it's crank sensor but it doesn't always show up. could possibly sort something later in the week 

https://oldsite.omegaowners.com//forum/YaBB.pl?num=1189022687

FFS

Steals a Caravan, gets caught, won't say who helped him or where he was going, loads of previous but still gets a suspended sentence, "progress he had previously been making" my arse, more like he's been lucky and not got caught

https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/police-were-suspicious-saw-14000-18652048?int_source=taboola&int_medium=display&int_campaign=organic

Mr Barnes said the defendant had 21 previous convictions for 34 offences, including thefts and fraud.

Despite offending regularly in 2018 and 2019, Judge Parry said he bore in mind the effect of the Covid-19 pandemic on prisoners, and whether an immediate sentence needed to be imposed.

He said he would give Carey a chance to continue the progress he had recently been making.

8 minutes ago, MikeR said:

your obd dongle appears to be fubared , I have installed opel dtc reader to use with mine ...

Cheers. 

Omega owners forum suggests crank sensor, fuel pump relay, or fuel pump most likely causes.  

2 hours ago, omegod said:

do a diagnosis as per below, you'd be hoping for a code 19 if it's crank sensor but it doesn't always show up. could possibly sort something later in the week 

https://oldsite.omegaowners.com//forum/YaBB.pl?num=1189022687

MikeR came around with his generic code reader, and there are no codes showing.  Which is weird. 

9 minutes ago, New POD said:

Cheers. 

Omega owners forum suggests crank sensor, fuel pump relay, or fuel pump most likely causes.  

FWIW - totally different vehicle but must be a similar system - I sometimes get this with my Kangoo, but it always responds to wiggling the plug on the crank sensor, clearly a bad connection.    If the fuel pump is working you should be able to hear it when you turn the ignition on.