The grumpy thread

outlaw118

Right, I appreciate it's an unpopular opinion, but I fucking hate this hot weather. I have a 3 hour drive in the BMW later which, normally, is a pleasure - aircon on, Radio6, cruise control and maybe a poncy coffee on the go. But the aircon is weak, despite being regassed a couple of months ago,  so instead of singing along to Slaves at 15C, I'll be boiling like a bastard lobster. 

Roll on autumn. There. I said it. Fight me.

Summer can absolutely fuck right off. It brings all the amateurs out to otherwise nice places, and turns them into horrible places. Pubs full of dickheads, Pleasant countryside places full of dickheads. These people seem to stay at home for 361 days a year and as soon as the sun comes out they all swarm out to HAVE A NICE DAY OUT AT ALL COSTS and destroy everyones chance of any enjoyment. Thankfully they have a shit day and go home until the next time it is very sunny.

People who aren't ordinarily dickheads are driven to dickheadery by the weather and the fact that they are surrounded by dickheads.

And to top it off, it's uncomfortably hot and means I can't sleep.

I would be very happy for it to rain 6 days a week, year round.

23 minutes ago, motorpunk said:

Right, I appreciate it's an unpopular opinion, but I fucking hate this hot weather. I have a 3 hour drive in the BMW later which, normally, is a pleasure - aircon on, Radio6, cruise control and maybe a poncy coffee on the go. But the aircon is weak, despite being regassed a couple of months ago,  so instead of singing along to Slaves at 15C, I'll be boiling like a bastard lobster. 

Roll on autumn. There. I said it. Fight me.

Technically it's your own fault for owning a bmw with faulty air con then?

Just now, Dick Van Diesel said:

Isn't that why people live in Scotland? 

I have put very very serious consideration into this, I don't know if I could cope with the midges but being on some weird outcrop of land only accessible by ferry or 3 strange bridges being rained on all the time sounds flipping brilliant.

I must admit it is a nightmare round here at the mo' so many people at the beach and on all available bits of greenery.  Chester had a bit of a (near) punch-up with a dog that wasguarding its owners campsite/food/cooking gear. I nearly pointed out that it is NOT a campsite and there is NO camping allowed, but didn't, no need for me to raise the arsehole quatient any higher.

Yes, I know I do that all year round anyway :) 

Dumped the C5 at the scrapyard, collected the Civic (and forgot any photo's).

Went to the PO to cancel the tax - PO closed.

Tried another - they don't do tax, only main PO's :(

Nightmare to get to.  Possibly more grumps to come.

Drove the Civic home - it is out of sight round the back of the houses.  No idea of how fast I was going, instruments hard to see other than the rev counter.

Discovered the speedo is obscured by the wheel, brilliant bit of design Honda :(

Had a job getting into the petrol flap, took about ten minutes.   Must have looked quite suspicious.

And it is far too hot.  28 ℃ in the shade, 42 ℃ in the sun, 10,000,000 ℃ in the car.

10 minutes ago, Tamworthbay said:

First time I ever visited Scotland a local of Skye told me ‘never worry about the weather, it will be different in an hour’, he wasn’t far wrong!

I shouldn't have taken the piss. Weather has turned to shit here in Cornwall. Drizzle and very grey skies. Hottest day my arse.

20200731_155651.jpg

You lot have got a lot to learn about hot days, It’s not even above 40c!

That being said, Summer can fuck right off.

Winter here is lovely, the temperature stays in the the teens and all the plants stop looking dead. Call me crazy but I would seriously consider living in the UK through the winter and then returning to Australia for winter, and so on.

17 hours ago, Dick Van Diesel said:

I shouldn't have taken the piss. Weather has turned to shit here in Cornwall. Drizzle and very grey skies. Hottest day my arse.

20200731_155651.jpg

My father in law came around for a meal, when he arrived (in long trousers and shirt buttoned - you can’t take the army out of him!). He was dying in the heat as he hates the hot weather and mentioned that there was not a single cloud in the sky, I fed him cold beer and we did him a meal. About an hour and a half in clouds started to come over and the heavens opened and we got a full on thunder storm. We watched the lightning strikes as I drove him the mile home. An hour later sunny again.