The grumpy thread

outlaw118

13 minutes ago, TheDoctor said:

This might be a deja vu post but fuck Anxiety. 

2 to 3 high level anxiety attacks per day is getting tiring. 

One of these days I'll have an actual heart attack and I won't notice because I always get chest pains. 

I've tried meds in the past but I end up sluggish and ineffective at work, so that's a no go. 

It's not as if anything in particular is wrong in my life either. 

I use these. Not miracle workers but take the edge off.

91ybdFINmTL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Just got a call that the hospital I work in got flooded due to torrential rain. That's going to be fun, hopefully I won't have to call extra staff in to help with cleanup. ?

Also, that same storm is headed right for me now. Gonna be rough.

Just got a call that the hospital I work in got flooded due to torrential rain. That's going to be fun, hopefully I won't have to call extra staff in to help with cleanup.
Also, that same storm is headed right for me now. Gonna be rough.
Wheres that??

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, MarvinsMom said:

the fuggin' useless wankers that are the BBC,

the  last few months the cornerstone of my day has been Father Brown on an afternoon.

get up,house jobs done, shopping and or cleaning, then dinner with Father Brown. 

That's what you get for trying to burn the Candleford at both ends!

Picked up brand new sprinter with Luton box from the hire company with 4000 miles on it. Drivers window doesn’t go down and there is no lighter socket (only a Mercedes accessory plug, but no special lead available). Spent yesterday hot and with a perpetually flat phone.... 

Plus it has no power, rubbish even when it’s empty and full it really struggles with the slightest incline. 

Going to be a long week! 

3 hours ago, paulplom said:

The van has rewarded me for leaving to go to work early. It sounds like a bag hammers and has no power.

ac76d6ced7a5a4f81adf599403b4c8f9.jpgdf1fff77f3f2b74505943f58f669600e.jpg

The Mondeo did something similar the other day.  Rolling along at 60 on cruise control, suddenly the cruise kicked out and the ESP light came on with a message saying "engine malfunction".  Engine didn't sound any different though, and was still happy to roll along at 60 in 6th.  Again, switching it off and back on again cured it.

45 minutes ago, chadders said:

I often think that this sort of thing doesn't augur well for self driving cars, especially when they're a few years old.

Self driving cars are a long long way off becoming a reality.

I like old cars. 

No really, I do, I'd much rather drive an old car than a new one.  On principle anyway...

But in view of how they're treating me today, why don't I just scrap these two old sheds and sign up for a Pug108 or some such?  Because over many decades I've made my bed: I love the oldies.  Also, I haven't got any money.  Crucially, what little benefits come into this house wouldn't cover the payments on a fucking pedal car.  And I would hate to be locked into years of payments for a new little toy.  I suppose a Transit might not be as bad...

Just now, eddyramrod said:

Transit

?

Volvo needs a bit of investigation, at least it's now at home and you can take your time over it? 

Huggy.. well, you can't expect that to be hassle free! But a pair of wheel cylinders might not be terrible since I guess it's all common parts over there.  Factor in delivery time and you could probably knock yourself up a new brake line by the time it arrives?

I've ordered the cylinders, from Bradford.  Make my own brake line?  Nice idea, but a slight* lack of skills and facilities says leave it to the garage.  As for the Volvo, I'll probably just whip the battery off and get my kindly neighbour to charge it right up for me.  But it won't be this week.  I don't need it; I just thought it would be nice to drive something that isn't the Motability car for a change.

2 hours ago, eddyramrod said:

I just signed into ebay to look at my Watch List, but I had to sign out again.  I'm in serious danger of comfort-spending on diecasts!

Glad I’m not the only one that does things like that!

Its annoying I’m at the other end of the country, I’ve got everything needed to replace that brake line for you and I’d happily do it too.

When me and my dad drove to Glasgow in Feb his Ioniq cut its radar cruise out when the sensor got too covered in snow. 

Didn't just stop working though, it lit 3 seperate lights up on the dash, and put a moving gif of a car crash on the dash. With much beeping. All the while the power just vanished and I was wondering what the utter fuck had just gone wrong

Shit me right up, last time a car beeped like that at me my old xm had dumped all its coolant through a split radiator hose... 

I've been watching a low-entry trolley jack on eBay for ages, got a few quid in March for my birthday so went to hit the BIN button - seller's shop is closed. And has been ever since, presumably due to Covid 19. 

I sent a few messages but in the end eBay wouldn't send any as they'd had so many, so I bought a no-name one which arrived yesterday.

s-l500.jpg

I just don't like it, the lifting cup does not rotate so you can align it under an axle, the release valve does not feel like it turns properly, the instructions are in proper Chinglish and it just does not inspire confidence.

I spent a few hours earlier finding a way to fit the cup off my old jack, which cost me a broken tap, and bit of blood trying to get the bastard out again.

50061770603_c472894095_4k.jpg20200630_172728 by RS, on Flickr

50062331201_e8464f51e7_4k.jpg20200630_172733 by RS, on Flickr

50061771538_bb00a6eb75_4k.jpg20200630_172828 by RS, on Flickr

It still fits under my car but it doesn't feel like a good tool. And fuck me, I look on eBay and the original jack I wanted is available again, and no surprise the price has gone up - but still less than I paid for this one. Luckily I can return it but it will cost me postage. If I'd waited a few more days I could have just bought the one I wanted in the first place. Grr...

Clicked the 'buy now' on a CD from Amazon - £4:45.   All good.

Not quite.  I have bought ninety quids worth of shite that I was waiting until later for and without organising free delivery :(

Worse is I need another hundred quids worth to sort this laptop out.

Skilfully avoided the Amazon Prime trap then fell over my own feet.  That'll learn me.

Dr's receptionist  . Had to arrange a blood test , she said i needed a form , letter from god etc , i said it was with the consultants letter , she could not find it , so i could do one , then i quoted dates and she found it ! , Surprise suprise , all i need now is a letter of permission from gods right hand man to go in ,

these people see off the ones that the nhs save ....