The grumpy thread

outlaw118

I had a day off work yesterday, I went for a walk in Edale and up Kinder Scout etc. I usually camp there, but no camping this time sadly.

First of all I get to the carpark to find signs from residents begging people not to use their village as a toilet. Talking to a local, there's some small bushes and woods where they've found loads of human shite! Walking out towards the hills, every gate I get to was left open/off the latch, some broken. 

I walk through my favourite campsite that I have been desperate to get back out to:

image.thumb.png.495b904e9443c9634938fd986c0a296b.png

Gutted. The owner is terrified of catching covid and not up for the impending shitshow on the 4th July when sites can reopen, so she's not opening up this year, and probably not next year either..

Further up into the hills there were people walking through farmers fields with their dogs off lead while there's lambs about. Litter and dogshit all over the place, more gates left open. Fucking disposable BBQs left on Kinder Scout! It's 5 miles walk from anywhere, absolute wankers! I don't know whether I'm more sad or angry really.

I sincerely hope everybody who in the last fortnight had their first venture out to the actual countryside had a fucking miserable day and they go back to whatever normal inconsiderate shit they do for a day out.

31 minutes ago, cobblers said:

I had a day off work yesterday, I went for a walk in Edale and up Kinder Scout etc. I usually camp there, but no camping this time sadly.

First of all I get to the carpark to find signs from residents begging people not to use their village as a toilet. Talking to a local, there's some small bushes and woods where they've found loads of human shite! Walking out towards the hills, every gate I get to was left open/off the latch, some broken. 

I walk through my favourite campsite that I have been desperate to get back out to:

image.thumb.png.495b904e9443c9634938fd986c0a296b.png

Gutted. The owner is terrified of catching covid and not up for the impending shitshow on the 4th July when sites can reopen, so she's not opening up this year, and probably not next year either..

Further up into the hills there were people walking through farmers fields with their dogs off lead while there's lambs about. Litter and dogshit all over the place, more gates left open. Fucking disposable BBQs left on Kinder Scout! It's 5 miles walk from anywhere, absolute wankers! I don't know whether I'm more sad or angry really.

I sincerely hope everybody who in the last fortnight had their first venture out to the actual countryside had a fucking miserable day and they go back to whatever normal inconsiderate shit they do for a day out.

I think a lot of these idiots are people who buy package holidays to Benidorm. Given that is off the cards this year, they've to do something else. 

They're off and on furlough. The weather's nice so the lakes are an ideal spot. 

They'll be ill equipped for walking outside of a park, not used to the countryside and the etiquette round farmland and will generally leave a bad impression. 

Sadly genuine hillwalkers who are sensible folks well used to the countryside are being tarred with the same brush as these gobshites. 

Which makes me sad as Pennines are essentially on my doorstep but I'm afraid I'll be shouted at by all the Karen's curtain twitching on Facebook. 

I must say that all the locals I encountered were fine with me - I was clearly set up in walking boots and stuff and not actively shitting in the woods or owt. There was a quite a bit of hysteria about a month ago but they've mostly calmed down a bit now round the north end of the peak district anyway, so don't let it stop you going out. Despite the bad stuff, it was still good for the soul to get out and stand on the top of a hill in the rain.

1 hour ago, Floatylight said:

Learning how to wield an angle grinder first..

Do hope it's not too far gone, engine runs like a dream..

It's a hole, and it can be filled with metal.  You should have seen the 2CV racer when we started on it.

Courage, mon brave.

On 6/4/2020 at 9:21 PM, DVee8 said:

Our front bedroom lights are in the same position,the one in the back bedroom is in the middle of the room.

If you have a light  behind you, your silhouette can be cast on the curtains. That is most indecent!

30 minutes ago, Rovorsche said:

Jeff Bezos is a greedy money grabber ....

.....Are we supposed to have a haggle feature to make it  more like an online Souk ?

"Oi Bezos, M44 Timing tool, whas yer price mate?"
"64 quid, take it or leave it"
"Come on your robbing me at that price"
"Im cutting me own throat already"
"Right I'm down the road to Ebay then"
"£24 quid"

There is a souk-er, born ev'ry minute...

fuck you peugeot rear wiper

cant get it off the spindle to make it easier so leave it alone

try and see where the clip is to push or slide

doesnt have one - the slop in the blade is fine but because plastic didnt wanna fk with it in case i break it

went out to have another look because annoyed and the blade comes out another click then with a wiggle pulls off

its not a hook its a cup shape that the wiper fits in and then stays on when you push the wiper back flat against the cover

thats not fking annoying is it

fucks sake - why is something simple difficult

modernz :( watching citroen centenary and snooker to calm down

3 minutes ago, Remspoor said:

I thought it was 1st April.

https://www.politico.eu/interactive/how-brussels-wants-to-change-your-cheeseburger-farm-to-fork/

What no condiments? I prefer curry sauce to mayo or ketchup.

As in Dutch curry sauce? If so it’s the best in the world. It has been available under the HP brand in the UK for a couple of years but recently disappeared. I used to bulk buy it and bring it back by the box load. I need to find somewhere that does the commercial 2 litres tubs.

On 6/6/2020 at 6:38 PM, Rovorsche said:

Jeff Bezos is a greedy money grabber and has made me grumpy.

I want a Z3 timing kit for the M44 engine so I rummage around the glorified boot sale that is Amazon and prices start at £65, I'm sure there were cheaper ones than that.

Spend five minutes and decide to try Ebay.
Lo and Behold I see one that looks like an O-Level metalwork project for £29.98 delivered
BMW M42/M44/M50/M52/M52TU/M54/S52 Engine Twincam Timing Chain Locking Tool

I go back to Amazon for one last look, same search £23.98 delivered.
Its even the same picture with the background chopped out, look at the finish pattern.

DR TOOLS Engine Timing Camshaft Locking Tool Set for BMW M42 M4 S4 M50 M52 M52TU M54 M5650US S52US E30, E36, E46, E34, E39, E38, E83, E85, E60 61, E65 66 1.8 2.3 2.5 2.8 3.0 Z3, Z4, X3, X5

Until I looked at Ebay the one with less margin wasnt an option, give it a go and see if you get the same results.

I used "m44 timing" on Amazon and then "m44 timing tool" on an ebay search.

This  is the first  confirmed occurence  but suspicion has been rasied before, I fear a tailored shopping experience is in play here and not working in my favour.

Are we supposed to have a haggle feature to make it  more like an online Souk ?

"Oi Bezos, M44 Timing tool, whas yer price mate?"
"64 quid, take it or leave it"
"Come on your robbing me at that price"
"Im cutting me own throat already"
"Right I'm down the road to Ebay then"
"£24 quid"

Direct from amazon or marketplace?

Was on the receiving end of road rage on Friday...

Going down the A1, one of the single-carriageway sections. A woman in a large SUV had broken down, so traffic was passing. As I came to pass I wound the window down and asked if she needed any help - she replied she'd just got it started - thanks - I moved on. About 5 seconds delay, perhaps. 

A builder in a Transit behind took exception and sounded his horn and started shouting obscenities out of his window. As I moved off he carried on sounding the horn, trying to overtake (almost hit me pulling back after a HGV prevented him), eventually passed (narrowly) and stopped at the lights. He got out, started shouting obscenities about how he needed to get home, started smacking the windscreen of the car (windows up and doors locked by this point) and inviting me to come out and fight with him. Absolutely ridiculously OTT reaction to a delay of a couple of seconds. The lady who I'd stopped to speak to had arrived and tried to explain but he was having none of it. Incredibly aggressive.

Anyway, I said he was a builder. Who had his name and phone number on the back of his van. Reported him to the police (I feel he crossed the line when he got out and started threatening/hitting the car) who will go and have a conversation with him.

9 hours ago, N19 said:

Was on the receiving end of road rage on Friday...

Going down the A1, one of the single-carriageway sections. A woman in a large SUV had broken down, so traffic was passing. As I came to pass I wound the window down and asked if she needed any help - she replied she'd just got it started - thanks - I moved on. About 5 seconds delay, perhaps. 

A builder in a Transit behind took exception and sounded his horn and started shouting obscenities out of his window. As I moved off he carried on sounding the horn, trying to overtake (almost hit me pulling back after a HGV prevented him), eventually passed (narrowly) and stopped at the lights. He got out, started shouting obscenities about how he needed to get home, started smacking the windscreen of the car (windows up and doors locked by this point) and inviting me to come out and fight with him. Absolutely ridiculously OTT reaction to a delay of a couple of seconds. The lady who I'd stopped to speak to had arrived and tried to explain but he was having none of it. Incredibly aggressive.

Anyway, I said he was a builder. Who had his name and phone number on the back of his van. Reported him to the police (I feel he crossed the line when he got out and started threatening/hitting the car) who will go and have a conversation with him.

Get yourself a dash cam.

23 hours ago, Tamworthbay said:

As in Dutch curry sauce? If so it’s the best in the world. It has been available under the HP brand in the UK for a couple of years but recently disappeared. I used to bulk buy it and bring it back by the box load. I need to find somewhere that does the commercial 2 litres tubs.

Yes Dutch curry sauce. There a few online shops which may help in your quest. But not I doubt if you will find 2 litre tubs avalable.

29 minutes ago, Remspoor said:

Yes Dutch curry sauce. There a few online shops which may help in your quest. But not I doubt if you will find 2 litre tubs avalable.

There used to be a cash and carry place near where I was in Delft. They did the 2 litre tubs in a 6 pack. I brought two back to the UK at the time. I have wondered what the customs would have thought if they had stopped me. I imagine it would have gone something like this:

Customs Officer - so what is in the big boxes sir?

Me - 24 litres of curry sauce

Customs Officer - where have you come from?

Me - I got on at Rotterdam

Customs officer - (shouts to colleague in the office) I”ll be needing the rubber gloves, extra large............

7 minutes ago, somewhatfoolish said:

The spiritual successors of the Hartlepool lynch mob have just pulled a statue over and pushed it into a dock. 

https://order-order.com/2020/06/08/more-problematic-sculptures-for-the-left-to-tear-down/

As written

Statue-toppling is a hard door to close once opened…

I've just wasted an hour.

Broadchurch got all the plaudits a couple of years ago, critics frothing for the next series, all that.  I didn't get to see it so when I spotted it was being rerun from tonight, I thought I'd have a look.

It's unwatchable.

Plot, so far so average.  Acting, nothing to complain about.  What kills it completely for me is the so-called music.  Whiney, soporific strings and lazy, bangy piano.  Fuck no, take it away!  I can't live with that shit.  There's no call for it whatsoever.  I won't be there for the rest of the series.

Bloody hell, telly people.  Shit like this gets awards?  Coming on top of the unforgivable, easily-fixed errors in a 47-year-old film last night, and the relentless stupidity and attitude shown by the public on Police Interceptors tonight, I have to wonder wtf is wrong with the world.

OK, it's easy for me to sit here and say.  So: Broadchurch would get proper music, preferably by Barry Gray (and yes, I know it's several years too late).  A couple of days listening to a consultant would have cleared the inappropriate traffic from the film.  Interceptors... they need to be allowed to apply some Dirty Harry policing.  Of course none of this will ever happen.