The grumpy thread

outlaw118

On 5/29/2020 at 4:22 PM, mitsisigma01 said:

25 days before renewal due date is apparently the optimum date for getting quotes (Martin Lewis says so) 

This is bollocks. Martin Bollocks is bollocks. I cannot stand the fucker's idiotic 'hacks'.

The 25 day shit only applies to the Meercat style comparison sites, where a new 'how many days to renewal' column has been added.

If you go direct to a real broker - Peter James etc or a proper insurance company DL, Aviva, LV etc it makes not a fucking jot of difference.

ML wants hanging up, a foot off the ground by his scrotum and leaving there until it's stretched enough to put him back on terra firma.

8 minutes ago, barefoot said:

This is bollocks. Martin Bollocks is bollocks. I cannot stand the fucker's idiotic 'hacks'.

The 25 day shit only applies to the Meercat style comparison sites, where a new 'how many days to renewal' column has been added.

If you go direct to a real broker - Peter James etc or a proper insurance company DL, Aviva, LV etc it makes not a fucking jot of difference.

ML wants hanging up, a foot off the ground by his scrotum and leaving there until it's stretched enough to put him back on terra firma.

While you look after Martins scrotum I'll look after his Mrs, Lara ?

1 hour ago, Floatylight said:

Bawls!!a6daada2aff48d92b42c49645458179a.jpg0bda99cbef0c873c092fb6d00c137ce1.jpg

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk

51 minutes ago, wuvvum said:

Was it Dodgytom who had a 306 which had done something similar?

post-19511-0-50926600-1497861336.jpg

post-19511-0-31880900-1497992546.jpg

post-19511-0-69059100-1497992650.jpg

post-19511-0-46969100-1498141035.jpg

In that thread, I was wrong.  I'm delighted he kept it on.  I'm not sure Tom is because someone then bummed him almost immediately afterwards, and then he managed to grenade the engine (from memory) in 306 vs Bow wave.

Good luck!

1 minute ago, Floatylight said:

Correct, previous gaffa tape repair...

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk

Reminds me of my grandfather who "repaired" an Austin Seven by stretching newspaper over a hole in the roof. Sold it as seen to a guy who then washed the car, found the hole, sued and lost!

On 6/3/2020 at 4:58 PM, gm said:

in a room that measures 4.5m x 3.5m, why would you choose to fit the only ceiling light less than 1m from the end of the room ? I'm baffled

IMG_2320.thumb.JPG.c1f347c96c9e70ebbdbedc568ca8ce9f.JPG

IMG_2321.thumb.JPG.9dd0de831f8b62bee97b689175bdc0b8.JPG

and is probably going to be a pain to move :( also artex ceiling omg asbestos panic :( 

Our front bedroom lights are in the same position,the one in the back bedroom is in the middle of the room.

was gonna watch wheeler dealers when the epg said brewer buys an MC40

nope no idea

but then at teh start it mentions monte carlo so i think oh no its a mini (theyve done it before - twice)

but then minis on the monte 1964

so its an 04 mini

*turns over and watches cuban chrome

edit its thursday not friday (ffs) chasing classic cars with carini

I had a day off work yesterday, I went for a walk in Edale and up Kinder Scout etc. I usually camp there, but no camping this time sadly.

First of all I get to the carpark to find signs from residents begging people not to use their village as a toilet. Talking to a local, there's some small bushes and woods where they've found loads of human shite! Walking out towards the hills, every gate I get to was left open/off the latch, some broken. 

I walk through my favourite campsite that I have been desperate to get back out to:

image.thumb.png.495b904e9443c9634938fd986c0a296b.png

Gutted. The owner is terrified of catching covid and not up for the impending shitshow on the 4th July when sites can reopen, so she's not opening up this year, and probably not next year either..

Further up into the hills there were people walking through farmers fields with their dogs off lead while there's lambs about. Litter and dogshit all over the place, more gates left open. Fucking disposable BBQs left on Kinder Scout! It's 5 miles walk from anywhere, absolute wankers! I don't know whether I'm more sad or angry really.

I sincerely hope everybody who in the last fortnight had their first venture out to the actual countryside had a fucking miserable day and they go back to whatever normal inconsiderate shit they do for a day out.

31 minutes ago, cobblers said:

I had a day off work yesterday, I went for a walk in Edale and up Kinder Scout etc. I usually camp there, but no camping this time sadly.

First of all I get to the carpark to find signs from residents begging people not to use their village as a toilet. Talking to a local, there's some small bushes and woods where they've found loads of human shite! Walking out towards the hills, every gate I get to was left open/off the latch, some broken. 

I walk through my favourite campsite that I have been desperate to get back out to:

image.thumb.png.495b904e9443c9634938fd986c0a296b.png

Gutted. The owner is terrified of catching covid and not up for the impending shitshow on the 4th July when sites can reopen, so she's not opening up this year, and probably not next year either..

Further up into the hills there were people walking through farmers fields with their dogs off lead while there's lambs about. Litter and dogshit all over the place, more gates left open. Fucking disposable BBQs left on Kinder Scout! It's 5 miles walk from anywhere, absolute wankers! I don't know whether I'm more sad or angry really.

I sincerely hope everybody who in the last fortnight had their first venture out to the actual countryside had a fucking miserable day and they go back to whatever normal inconsiderate shit they do for a day out.

I think a lot of these idiots are people who buy package holidays to Benidorm. Given that is off the cards this year, they've to do something else. 

They're off and on furlough. The weather's nice so the lakes are an ideal spot. 

They'll be ill equipped for walking outside of a park, not used to the countryside and the etiquette round farmland and will generally leave a bad impression. 

Sadly genuine hillwalkers who are sensible folks well used to the countryside are being tarred with the same brush as these gobshites. 

Which makes me sad as Pennines are essentially on my doorstep but I'm afraid I'll be shouted at by all the Karen's curtain twitching on Facebook. 

I must say that all the locals I encountered were fine with me - I was clearly set up in walking boots and stuff and not actively shitting in the woods or owt. There was a quite a bit of hysteria about a month ago but they've mostly calmed down a bit now round the north end of the peak district anyway, so don't let it stop you going out. Despite the bad stuff, it was still good for the soul to get out and stand on the top of a hill in the rain.

1 hour ago, Floatylight said:

Learning how to wield an angle grinder first..

Do hope it's not too far gone, engine runs like a dream..

It's a hole, and it can be filled with metal.  You should have seen the 2CV racer when we started on it.

Courage, mon brave.