The grumpy thread

outlaw118

Sounds like an oozing abcess, with a way out for the puss ,so pain will be much less than if it was not " leaky ".  Call doc rather than dentist, get antibiotics. No need for a visit.  Remember to only brush and floss the teeth you want to keep, as most dentists would say.

Brush, floss brush floss repeat repeat repeat.

Legal note  .... not a dentist.   Speaking  from experience.

Edited by Chas4545
Legal note

4 minutes ago, Chas4545 said:

Sounds like an oozing abcess, with a way out for the puss ,so pain will be much less than if it was not " leaky ".  Call doc rather than dentist, get antibiotics. No need for a visit.  Remember to only brush and floss the teeth you want to keep, as most dentists would say.

Brush, floss brush floss repeat repeat repeat.

Legal note  .... not a dentist.   Speaking  from experience.

That was what I thought, in the spirit of ‘what’s the worst that could happen’ I gave it a good squeeze and could taste the same bad taste. I am at the docs Monday for a blood test so will ask them then.

They call it Scumtree for as reason.

Looking out for a cheap mountainbike for the grand-daughter, hoping for one with suspension, also not fussed about it being a ladies frame with the different crossbar; it's likely that when eldest grandson visits Outlaw_Junior, he'll ride it.

Everything in quotation marks are verbatim quotes.

This morning, one popped up in Maldon, about 30-40 minutes away, looked ideal, described as good running order, blah blah. Posted ad at 10:00, I messaged at 10:25 to enquire as to wheel and frame size, as not mentioned in the ad. 10 minutes later," full size frame 26" wheels". I replied straightaway "Thank you, I'll have this please, would you like cash or paypal, I can collect this morning, or anytime today, thanks". 

RADIO SILENCE

14:30 rang the number on the ad, and no reply.

17:05 message "It's sold"

MOTHER FUCKER.

Outlaw_Junior had his eye on another in Forest Gate, East Lahndahn. Messaged him, he's replying, making all the right noises, bike in "used but ok condition, no faults". So as he's got Micro_Outlaw, LittleMiss_Outlaw & Puppy_Outlaw with him, we set off in two cars. 

Should have noticed the Uber Eats rucksack in the hallway really.... The lad takes it for a little run up the road; he's a regular cyclist, and he knows what he's doing. Bike won't go into gear, the chain came off, there's no block on one side of the front brake. 

"oh, it's never done that before, perhaps the chain needs adjusting"

"L8RZ M8"

TL:DR Wankers.

1 hour ago, Tamworthbay said:

Any dentists on here? A lump has appeared on my gum above a tooth. It’s squidgy but not overly painful. If I squirt mouthwash around that tooth I get an odd taste in my mouth. Could this be an abscess?

Thats how mine started, got bigger and bigger until I wanted to cut my head off, pushed tooth up and out the socket by a couple of mm, it burst leaving mouth full of green puss BUT it felt soooooo good to be in no pain, got tablets and tooth out

Just now, Neil clark said:

Thats how mine started, got bigger and bigger until I wanted to cut my head off, pushed tooth up and out the socket by a couple of mm, it burst leaving mouth full of green puss BUT it felt soooooo good to be in no pain, got tablets and tooth out

The joy* of a tooth abscess is something else. When I had to have a series of spinal injections the consultant said after that he bet it was the worst pain you have  ever experienced, I made him laugh when I replied that I have would five sets of them before one tooth abscess. If the worst comes to the worse I will just get the wife to lance it for me.

Think I'll get rid of the Royale and Senator. Getting parts is a right fucking pain. Was on the lookout for a set of rubbers for my Royales master cylinder-brakes iffy (got a new set of pistons thanks to Angry Dicky), asked on ANS forum-ABS parts secretary replied that he had a 2nd hand master cylinder and a few other bits i wanted, replied within 2 hours of his email last sat-heard nothing-asked again today only to find it's all been sold to another member who's a trader and will most probably appear on his ebay shop.  Fuck paying £30 next time for membership-no point-the club even sells spares to non members via faceache. This has boiled my piss- MG fucking B next.

Rant over

Steve

1 hour ago, Stevebrookman said:

Think I'll get rid of the Royale and Senator. Getting parts is a right fucking pain. Was on the lookout for a set of rubbers for my Royales master cylinder-brakes iffy (got a new set of pistons thanks to Angry Dicky), asked on ANS forum-ABS parts secretary replied that he had a 2nd hand master cylinder and a few other bits i wanted, replied within 2 hours of his email last sat-heard nothing-asked again today only to find it's all been sold to another member who's a trader and will most probably appear on his ebay shop.  Fuck paying £30 next time for membership-no point-the club even sells spares to non members via faceache. This has boiled my piss- MG fucking B next.

Rant over

Steve

Why I am no longer a member of any clubs. It goes pete tong once money is involved. Dont get rid - just bear with it Steve.

10 minutes ago, Bren said:

Looking at facebook this morning you would think we had never put man in space before.

I think the issue is that if the Americans* aren't doing something then as far as they are concerned it isn't happening. Notwithstanding frequent rocket launches from Russia and Kazakhstan in the interval between the last Space Shuttle mission. I did find it quite interesting, especially the very 2001 esque spacesuit, and wellington boot combo modelled by the astronauts on board.

*I know Elon is a saffer but you get my meaning.

1 hour ago, Supernaut said:

This just made my blood run cold.

I really feel for anybody in Minneapolis right now.

Sorry, it's a link to a reddit post with a video in it.

America is seriously fucked up, it has been for years but the cracks are just getting wider and wider at the moment. Glad my brother has moved to Tucson from Boston as I gather it’s pretty rough up there as well.

Edit, stuff that, just spoke to my brother and he can see several plumes of smoke from his house and the police are driving around telling people to stay indoors. Seems it’s kicking off all over.

2 hours ago, Supernaut said:

This just made my blood run cold.

I really feel for anybody in Minneapolis right now.

Sorry, it's a link to a reddit post with a video in it.

While I agree that the US is in strife right now I'd caution against propagating unverified news/footage as Vladimir's bots and IRA are busy doing their best to make it worse.

1 hour ago, somewhatfoolish said:

While I agree that the US is in strife right now I'd caution against propagating unverified news/footage as Vladimir's bots and IRA are busy doing their best to make it worse.

Minneapolis' daily press release included the video and explained the situation if that helps

11 minutes ago, Fumbler said:

Minneapolis' daily press release included the video and explained the situation if that helps

I see that; attacking people standing on their front step with this tear gas paintball stuff seems like garden variety fascism. I take it back, they don't need Volodya's help to fuck things up.

18 hours ago, Stevebrookman said:

Rant over

Steve

Steady on mate. Past Parts have the master cylinder seal kits on the shelf and will sell you just the kit.

TBH I’ve found exactly the same as you with the club.

23 minutes ago, anonymous user said:

I thought everyone knew, the DVLA computer has the weekend off. Don't worry, Mavis takes the hamster home to look after it.

I didn't do the email receipt. I have my bank showing they took the money on sat... Processed it on Sun.... Took it this morning.

On 5/31/2020 at 9:07 AM, paulplom said:

I've lanced them a few times and squeezed the puss out. Eases it for a short while. Proper tooth ache has to be up there with the worst pain you can get.

I had a blood test this morning and mentioned it, they will do me some antibiotics and I lanced it last night. Took a night mouthful of brandy to get rid of the taste. Great timing for it! The one abscess I had a few years ago affected my eye sight as the swelling was so bad, that was truly horrendous. I remember an outing with a motorbike group I was part of many years ago, we were sat around a fire at the campsite at Wasdale Head. Someone got onto injuries and of course they got gorier and gorier until one bloke started on about dental surgery he had had in Africa, within  a minute everyone was yelling at him to shut up! ?

On 5/31/2020 at 1:45 PM, Stevebrookman said:

Rant over

Steve

Give this guy a shout. They may have something.

On 5/27/2020 at 6:24 PM, RayMK said:

Low profile tyres are hopeless over potholes.  In my Mitsubishi Mirage, I wince if I see a pothole that I can't avoid. It makes a colossal bang, though no punctures yet.  The same route in my '94 Tipo has no such stress. It has 'proper' tyres and decent suspension.

My Tipo was the car of choice from 22nd May until today.  I had used the Mirage for a hospital appointment on the 21st and decided to forego its aircon and autobox for a few days whilst it purified itself in the heat. As mentioned above, the Tipo gave me stress free motoring over potholed lanes. It was genuinely a pleasure to drive. Today I swapped back to air conditioned, automatic modernity and, using the same route used with the Tipo to get to my exercise haunts, there was an almighty BANG as the f*****g thing hit an unremarkable pothole after just 7 miles. I swore loudly about modern rubbish tyres and suspension then continued muttering obscenities until I stopped to check for damage. All seemed to be well. For the rest of my local  journey I was on edge.  Designers should forget about the bloody Nurburgring and consider a bit of resilience and comfort in their equations. Note: The Tipo actually handles better than the Mirage on the limit as well - no sudden breakaway, all nicely progressive and controllable. I do however concede that the aircon was nice today. Grump over.  

We bought an 'Event Shelter' for our garden to cover a swimming pool (yes, I know - but actually not a bad idea) and in putting up the pool yesterday, we realised that the shelter we had was too small.  Went to Go Outdoors (who were excellent with the social distancing, etc.) to get a bigger one - wallet relieved, drove home - went to put it up and it was evidently a display model that had a broken part.

Got back in the car quickly to exchange it (it was 5.20 at this point and it was closing at 6) and on the A2 down back to Canterbury a large stone hit my windscreen and has put a fuck-off chip, about the size of a £2 coin just to the left of the steering wheel.  Tried to book Autoglass online (covered by insurance, £75 excess) and they can't do anything until the 17th June - so now I have to call them.  Which I hate doing.  Along with £100 of new tyres yesterday on the front and it's looking to not be a cheap month...

Argh!