The grumpy thread

outlaw118

On 5/19/2020 at 5:54 PM, purplebargeken said:

I live in lovely Edmonton, the capitol of stupid shouty noisy people.

No such thing as quiet here sadly. This is one of the reasons I would like to fuck off somewhere a bit more French.

Err you might be replacing one loud set of people with another set of loud people. 

9 hours ago, Lacquer Peel said:

Err you might be replacing one loud set of people with another set of loud people. 

Travelling around Europe I was always surprised how quiet French and German towns were, especially at night. Yes they converse loudly and shout across the street a lot - and Frenchies lean on their horns during the day, but comparatively it was peaceful. Coming back home was like an alternate universe. Everyone here has to be obnoxiously thick and loud. Pounding music in every single car, pounding music from flats and houses, hundreds of barking dogs, shouting arguments from half the places you walk past. 

I've lived in some right shitholes and then some much nicer places. What surprised me was how much worse the "nicer" places are for obnoxious noise pollution.

Finally came to a head with my upstairs neighbours last night. They had wound her kids up till they were screaming in hysterics and begging them to stop what ever they were doing. Her, her dad, mother, brother, boyfriend etc were all there. Shouting shut the fuck up man you winging little cunts etc. Twins of 7 and a boy of 5. This went on for an hour before I finally snapped.
After screaming up at them to stop abusing their kids I rang the police. As I was on the phone to the call handler her brother stormed in through my front door. I grabbed him by the throat with one hand and marched him out trying to get his eyes to pop while I was trying to get my point across on the phone. The police turned up 10 minutes later and were great. The've passed it on to the relevant authorities and diffused the situation. They must have been upstairs over an hour. The police told me the boyfriend was still soberish (not long finished work) otherwise the kids would have been removed.
I've had death threats and stuff since but it's water off a ducks back to me. Won't be the first time I've been in jail..
I'm sitting here on the bog typing this and she's still shouting and swearing at them. Unbelievable.
I've got a proper starting pistol and ammo in the drawer in case they start again tonight. It should frighten them if nowt else.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, paulplom said:

I've got a proper starting pistol and ammo in the drawer in case they start again tonight. It should frighten them if nowt else

Just no.

Good work calling the police.   If children are being abused now, call them again.

I am trying to move house. We have finally got to the point of exchange. We had agreed everything required is in place, and tomorrow the solicitors will do their funky thing and exchange, then complete in 2 weeks time. 

Except now apparently everything is no longer in place, but no one can tell me whats not, and whats gone missing since earlier in the week when everything was in place. Apparently we are 90% certain of completion tomorrow, but no one can tell me what the last 10% is that would tip us over the line. 

I find it baffling - I was this vague at my job things would fall down and people would die. Why is the housing market and the buying and selling of houses so needlessly complicated and stressful, and more importantly why does no one seem to want to take any responsibility for making it happen!  

6 minutes ago, rusty_vw_man said:

I am trying to move house. We have finally got to the point of exchange. We had agreed everything required is in place, and tomorrow the solicitors will do their funky thing and exchange, then complete in 2 weeks time. 

Except now apparently everything is no longer in place, but no one can tell me whats not, and whats gone missing since earlier in the week when everything was in place. Apparently we are 90% certain of completion tomorrow, but no one can tell me what the last 10% is that would tip us over the line. 

I find it baffling - I was this vague at my job things would fall down and people would die. Why is the housing market and the buying and selling of houses so needlessly complicated and stressful, and more importantly why does no one seem to want to take any responsibility for making it happen!  

I'm in a similar position. Its unbelievable that things can't pick up where they left off. I've been told that I will "have to wait" as there is a backlog of sales to go through!!!

My house purchase in Spain went through with only a slight delay. Solicitors were all working from home and took sales files with them when their office closed. Even in near total lockdown they were able to proceed. 

10 minutes ago, loserone said:

We're in a similar boat, finding it astounding that so many mistakes are made and the process takes so long, everything is blamed on working from home

Latest is that the conveyancing team are all on furlough. Great planning there. Could be worse I suppose, mate waved all his possession off in a moving van yesterday, only for it not to complete due to the solicitor loosing the contract. 24 hours later still sitting waiting for it to be resolved., in an empty flat with 2 kids - not stressful at all. 

8 minutes ago, Jerzy Woking said:

I'm in a similar position. Its unbelievable that things can't pick up where they left off. I've been told that I will "have to wait" as there is a backlog of sales to go through!!!

My house purchase in Spain went through with only a slight delay. Solicitors were all working from home and took sales files with them when their office closed. Even in near total lockdown they were able to proceed. 

I love the idea that because they are busy its you that has to wait - they would have been quick enough to take your money and business I'm sure.

Starting to wish I hadn't bothered trying to get a slightly bigger house we all fit in and just gave away a kid instead......

23 minutes ago, rusty_vw_man said:

Having been sat in my mums supposedly new back garden guarding 2 vans worth of unloaded stuff and had a call saying its all fallen through its got to come back (another near 250 mile round trip for both vans...) be fucking careful! 

This was at the beginning of covid. When they got another nod for it to be Monday I turned up, and we got rhe vans loaded by nothing left until my stepdad had it in an email we could go ahead. Weree a few false starts before that too. Was a fucking shit show! 

My niece is a property solicitor in London, currently working from her sister's flat in Cardiff, (long story involving her being kicked out of where she lived in London after she went down with Covid 19). Her biggest problem is sales falling through where people can't show where the money is coming from.

10 minutes ago, Tadhg Tiogar said:

Not in Wills and Probate it hasn't. Also quite a lot of work brewing in Family/Matrimonial/ Children. 

Probably fair, but neither affect our solicitor

Just no.

Good work calling the police.   If children are being abused now, call them again.
Ironically, I've been fitting a boiler in a social workers house today. My son's been helping me since the schools have been off. She spent till 12 o'clock in an upstairs bedroom/office and must be working from home. After 12 she followed me about and we had a good crack. I told her all about my history and we seemed to have a load in common. She left about two to go and do home visits.
I think I over done it at work today. I was sweating my tits off, it was running in my eyes. Son drank hos and my water bottle, and when I got home I went all slack and couldn't cool down. I've since had a cold shower and I've come to bed. I think age might be catching up on me.
I'm giving him £20 a shift but he just seems to waste it on ps4 virtual money? and games atm. I suppose he is learning the basics of hire and reward. He'll be 15 in July.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

On 5/19/2020 at 8:45 PM, busmansholiday said:

"Two time" really, really fucks me off. It's either "two times" (because it's plural) or "twice" you twats on TV....

Americanisation 

If I hear another reporter on Tv talking about  get go ,"from the get go" what the fuck is a get go , they'll be the same people who reach out to somebody when they're not in the same room.

13 minutes ago, MarvinsMom said:

why is everything moden made of cheese, or other useless material.

i have had to change the bulb in the fridge this evening, a first me thinks.

372926002_2020-05-2223_42_35.thumb.jpg.25269ac18047f27acace790506c3f312.jpg

and i've only had the fridge in 1997.........

its done better then the bulb in our fridge which when it went EOL after about 10 years (2005-2015ish)

it arced over inside, and those who know their physics know an electrical arc/discharge has a negative resistance which meant it was basically a dead short across the mains and as a result it properly exploded LOL and took something out inside the fridge so even with a new bulb the interior light does not work LOL

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8348039/Police-hunt-idiot-Audi-driver-filmed-hitting-200MPH-M20-motorway.html

and behold, another wannabe gangsta wanker in his pimp spec ALDI doing 200mph on a british motorway.

The latest footage comes just days after another motorist filmed himself doing 201mph in an Audi RS6 while driving along the M23 in West Sussex

hope they catch the cunt, and that he has a real fun* time in gaol.

then there is this, for it is another ALDI drivin' cunt, this one in his dads, which he crashed into many very desirable* cars.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8344101/Delivery-driver-25-accused-destroying-1m-worth-supercars-high-speed-chase.html

this prick they have caught, and must be looking at some time in the big house

dunno what they are exactly, that one at the front is a porsche macaroni? well its only got 3 wheels now....

A McLaren sports car worth around £300,000 was destroyed along with a Porsche Cayenne worth £100,000 and a blue Bentley Bentayga costing £200,000. Two other Porches and two Audi Q7s were also hit

Pritti Pettel on the Telly last night. 

Her elecution needs work. 

Drops every g at the end of every word ending in ing. 

That is pronounced tha 

How can we trust a word She says. 

Her accent is very home counties, which makes it worse.  

3 hours ago, New POD said:

Pritti Pettel on the Telly last night. 

Her elecution needs work. 

Drops every g at the end of every word ending in ing. 

That is pronounced tha 

How can we trust a word She says. 

Her accent is very home counties, which makes it worse.  

Still would.