The grumpy thread

outlaw118

On 4/14/2020 at 8:30 PM, 95 quid Peugeot said:

I can say in the 11 years, we have only seen perhaps a dozen people (in the 11 years)on the same walk, went out today and must of bumped into 20-25 random  people plus  half a dozen bikers.

Why have they all decided to drive to the middle of nowhere in this environment ?

Grump for people driving, not for using random space

thats a write down number plates and speak to the suffuck polis

Went down to the Range Rover LSE this afternoon to see if I can resurect it. Fitted a good battery and it fired up, bah no oil pressure. Lots of rattly tappets and an oil light that refused to go out. Pulled the king lead off and cranked it over and over. Not a flicker just a bright red light. Put the lead back on and it's still the same. The filter is full but the top end is dry. I think the oil pump needs primimg. There are 6  bolts holding it together with a head size of 5/16 or 8mm at a push.They are bloody 12 sided and every socket I have is 6 sided. I got four undone with a 5/16 spanner but can't reach the other two. 

I've come home now and atleast I have a new oil filter in stock. And after searching through the socket draw of my toolbox the forth socket set yielded a quarter drive 8mm 12 sided socket. Tomorrow might be a better day.

Just had a message from one of my best mates, Monkey.

His dad, a real top bloke, retired GP, came out of retirement to help with this poxy Coronavirus.

Pretty much straightaway, a patient has passed it on to him, and he's spent the last 4 weeks fighting it.

Yesterday, the news from the doctor treating him, that the prognosis was bad, Dr M elected to come off the oxygen.

He died this afternoon.

Balls.

28 minutes ago, outlaw118 said:

His dad, a real top bloke, retired GP, came out of retirement to help with this poxy Coronavirus.

Pretty much straightaway, a patient has passed it on to him, and he's spent the last 4 weeks fighting it.

Yesterday, the news from the doctor treating him, that the prognosis was bad, Dr M elected to come off the oxygen.

He died this afternoon.

Balls.

Deepest sympathies to the family and regrettably becoming more common,

I for one am fucking fuming about the cavalier attitude of the Health Secretary and his wankstain government hanging them all out to dry!

My much better half, a nurse, as been without scrubs for days and thus have to wash arms up to armpits after every patient interaction, which exposes them to risk, but this is not the concern of the nurses, rather they worry about it reducing their ability to care for the gravely ill and not their own safety!

They would gladly do without the clapping in exchange for being adequately protected ( BUT they are indescribably grateful to all that show appreciation.

Bought some seat belts for the xsara almost the day after I bought the car and finally the guy is posting them, I thought he'd done a runner (it's no one from here, I don't think anyway). 

Except I see the pic of the box and it's got the sodding office address on, which is closed atm... I'm either never seeing them or their going to be very delayed. Its hermes too so I'm not sure what I can do about it. 

Ah well, can't ask him to change it now, I'd given up all hope of ever seeing them or my £25 again... 

I finish my working week at midday on a Friday and today I got called into the office while I was about to clock out and told I’m being put off.

The job was making up gearboxes and the majority of the full time staff have had time off because of the virus as the company haven’t put any precautions in place and I guess people are just worried and just took two weeks off and being full time staff they get paid.

But  3 of us employees are agency workers and one walked out last week because the company refused to furlough and I had questioned how we are classed as essential workers making up gearboxes and I don’t think the management liked that plus I wouldn’t do the overtime while this was going on and orders come first.

But we did get a piece of cardboard for a couple of days that protects us from covid lol.

62E66B29-CDAE-4D01-9F33-435282596604.thumb.jpeg.381c50f178119e3470fbb3861ffc1129.jpeg

I can’t say I’m that worried about being put off as the company was a bit shite anyway but it doesn’t look like I’m going to get work anytime soon but at least I get a bit of time to paint up the kitchen and get time now to do a few car repairs.

4 hours ago, outlaw118 said:

He died this afternoon.

Balls.

I don't mind admitting that brought a lump to my throat. 
That someone would come out of retirement to try and help their fellow man and  get taken from his loved ones like that is a bloody tragedy.

My sympathies to your mate and his family.

It's a small thing in the grand scheme, but today I was mainly going to be:

i) dragging the Dyane out of the garage;
ii) finishing the tidying of said garage;
iii) cracking on with said Dyane.

Hope it stops pissing down soon, then.  Still, there's always tomorrow...

9 minutes ago, chaseracer said:

The utterly reliable BBC forecast says you should be good to go by 2pm.

So yes, tomorrow sounds good.

10 hours ago, Spiny Norman said:

I don't mind admitting that brought a lump to my throat. 
That someone would come out of retirement to try and help their fellow man and  get taken from his loved ones like that is a bloody tragedy.

My sympathies to your mate and his family.

+1

That's such a massive shame.

What a hero

Woop woop!

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk

As I didn't go back to fettling my Range Rover on Friday evening and rain stopped play yesterday, I went down early this morning to gather up all the tools and lock it up. It's on hard standing in a 2 acre paddock hidden from view by a horsebox. There is a large steel framed workshop by the road and a third of the way in a row of willow trees. One side is a caravan storage place and the other some disused glass houses. Unless the gate is open nobody knows you are there. The road is single track and the fields opposite all have horses in them. There is never a lot of traffic so it's a great place to walk dogs.

I pull out of the field into the entrance and lock the gate at about 9 O'clock and as I get in the car there is a fella walking his dog. Didn't think anything of it and drove away. I look in the mirror and he is in the middle of the road filmimg me on his phone. No doubt he's posted it online with "is this essential travel" . Maybe it isn't  but  as there are four bee hives in the bottom left corner of the field I might have been attending to those. I might have been emptying the chemical toilet or any manner of things and unless you go past the willow trees you really don't know. Why did he feel the need to film a car being driven on the public highway ? 

I might be taking the piss a little bit but I went out to secure the vehicle. I went out early and drove 8 miles in total.   

30 minutes ago, meggersdog said:

As I didn't go back to fettling my Range Rover on Friday evening and rain stopped play yesterday, I went down early this morning to gather up all the tools and lock it up. It's on hard standing in a 2 acre paddock hidden from view by a horsebox. There is a large steel framed workshop by the road and a third of the way in a row of willow trees. One side is a caravan storage place and the other some disused glass houses. Unless the gate is open nobody knows you are there. The road is single track and the fields opposite all have horses in them. There is never a lot of traffic so it's a great place to walk dogs.

I pull out of the field into the entrance and lock the gate at about 9 O'clock and as I get in the car there is a fella walking his dog. Didn't think anything of it and drove away. I look in the mirror and he is in the middle of the road filmimg me on his phone. No doubt he's posted it online with "is this essential travel" . Maybe it isn't  but  as there are four bee hives in the bottom left corner of the field I might have been attending to those. I might have been emptying the chemical toilet or any manner of things and unless you go past the willow trees you really don't know. Why did he feel the need to film a car being driven on the public highway ? 

I might be taking the piss a little bit but I went out to secure the vehicle. I went out early and drove 8 miles in total.   

He might be looking out for you, thinking you was a dodgy bloke raiding the units???

On 4/18/2020 at 10:16 AM, chaseracer said:

And so it proved.  Unfortunately, I will need a new steering wheel and a partial re-wire.

And mousetraps.

Hello Milton Keynes Council Landscaping Department...

On what sodding planet is 0746 a reasonable time to start up a bloody industrial wood chipper in the middle of a residential estate?

Also, why the heck are you pissing around with the 90% wild bit of ground out there just now anyway?!?  It only gets touched about once every other year anyway, I seriously doubt that it getting postponed during lockdown would be an issue.  There are plenty of landscaping jobs around here which could really do with being sorted...that really isn't one of them!

2 hours ago, Zelandeth said:

Hello Milton Keynes Council Landscaping Department...

On what sodding planet is 0746 a reasonable time to start up a bloody industrial wood chipper in the middle of a residential estate?

Also, why the heck are you pissing around with the 90% wild bit of ground out there just now anyway?!?  It only gets touched about once every other year anyway, I seriously doubt that it getting postponed during lockdown would be an issue.  There are plenty of landscaping jobs around here which could really do with being sorted...that really isn't one of them!

Local authorities aren't permitted to use the Furlough scheme.  All I can think is that they're keeping people busy and even redeploying folks to get stuff like this done whilst it's quiet.

0745 is early.  If it was a building site they'd have contravened their own rules

https://www.milton-keynes.gov.uk/environmental-health-and-trading-standards/pollution/construction-site-noise

Not sure whether it's worth a moan or not really.  Ultimately they're trying to improve and tidy the area in which you live, and 0745 is hardly dawn.  Now it's term time again most folks I know would be up and about scratching their arse.

Hope it's over soon though.

Mrs L1 was told the other day that she'd be getting paid her average wage over Oct/Nov/Dec, or could choose May/June/July instead, because obviously all casual hours council staff must* be not working currently.

Obviously someone didn't talk to her team, as they're currently working 3x as many teaching hours as they usually do.

Argh!  Hate it when a simple job turns into a bloody nightmare because of stupid.

Fitting a switch in the Invacar for the heater fan.  Simple enough.  Cut a hole for it, simple.  Figure the switch is a bit crunchy so I'll clean and grease the innards before reassembly.

Somewhere between making that decision and getting back into the car I lost the spring out of it.  Must have spent the best part of an hour walking back and forth trying to find it...no luck.  So now I not only have a useless switch, I also have a hole in the dash and nothing to stick in there. 

Yes I did have a thorough dig through the boxes of assorted bits and pieces but couldn't find one that would work.

So much for a fifteen minute job.

Standing in the middle of a cloud of cannabis smoke courtesy of our next door neighbours who insist on standing on the street outside ours to natter and smoke it didn't help my mood.  I couldn't care less if they smoke it, but C'mon...at least some vague semblance of discretion would be nice.  Been back in the house for half an hour and I can still smell it on my clothes.

Did you check the turn ups on your trousers.... Similar thing happened to me. After I destroyed a loudspeaker and used the magnet as a bodged up metal detector and mineswept everywhere I'd walked and more, got fkd off, went indoors to sulk, put my feet up on the table... Fking spring rolls out.... ?????

Thing is I'm not even sure it's on the floor.

I'm doubtful that I'd have just walked outside with the spring just sitting there as I knew it was loose...so I may have put it somewhere.  Just have no memory of doing so...so goodness only knows where it might be.

A spring that's about 8 by 1mm can hide very effectively, especially given the state of my garage.

This is more of an angry rant than a grump.

Friend has tonight had his scumbag neighbours hit a new low the cunts single mum ( known child neglecter ) & boyfriend.

not happy with neglecting the current don't have visitors round rules,( which they've broadcast from garden ) that theyll get who grassed them as they'll have who they want round as the virus is bollocks.

Have this evening been kicked out of the takeaway  near the Sheffield northern general hospital for trying to get free meals by claiming to be NHS workers!

Unfortunately I can't name & shame them as hell just get more aggro. Just wish there was someway to plaster them across social media.