The grumpy thread

outlaw118

Imagine spending two or three hours trying to take the fucking rack off a Honda motorbike, and then imagine finding out there's two more hidden bolts and the bastard hasn't come off? Well, that.

Nana dustman passed away about 5pm. Been expecting the call for at least a year as she’s just existed as opposed to lived. Relief and upset is a weird combination. 

Going to take a day or so off the forum. Can’t even spend time with my parents at they’re 90 miles away

22 hours ago, treehugger said:

Is this not the expenses of the MPs underpaid staff rather than the MP themselves?

There was a fairly real risk of Mrs L1 becoming an MP recently, and it would have been a pretty shit deal as far as I'm concerned.  Certainly a loss in real terms household finances.

On 4/9/2020 at 1:05 PM, xtriple said:

Just been shopping. Ooooooooo fuck me what a palaver. Had to queue to get in (which made me grumpy) watched a woman try to park in a space that was (in total honesty) big enough to park a decent size lorry in, she gave up eventually and drove off, limits on everything you could buy, loads of people with scarves pulled over their noses, the shop was filled with pissheads on their daily jolly to ill up on the booze isle, every front page of every newspaper had the same shit on it about coronavirus and Boris's fight with (he's sitting up in bed you know!) it and weeks more of the lockdown. To cap it all, I very nearly had to be served by the slowest woman on the planet but let someone else go in front of me so I didn't have to as her uselessness really annoys me.

Got out and set off and some twat bloke waved at me to slow down - I was doing about 15mph!

I am not going to survive for long at this rate as my blood pressure will kill me before any virus gets a fucking chance.

I bet she's fucking loving her job at the minute ! such lovely and understanding customers and all that 

My left hand is fucked, a least for today. Was shovelling out compost that was in the compost bin (made out of pallets that were split in half) when my hand hit a nail, and the nail went in and up my hand and probably would have come out by my knuckle if I didn't stop because of the pain. Had my first fix of panic and post traumatic stress since Father Fumbler nearly died after he fell off of his bike 3 years ago, then started worrying myself to death as the nail was mildly rusty too. At least I had tetanus booster with my vaccines a couple years ago so I'm covered there. The area aches a bit, can't move my hand too much but it was washed with Dettol and water a couple of times and it's clotted too, so that's a plus. The muscle damage isn't good at all, but at least the tendons weren't harmed in any way...

2 hours ago, omegod said:

I bet she's fucking loving her job at the minute ! such lovely and understanding customers and all that 

You can think I'm a  horrible old cunt for all you want but I avoid her all the time, not just when there's a panic shopping spree and people going fucking mental. She is slower than continental drift and as devoid of personality as it is possible to be while remaining, basically, to qualify as a human being. I avoid her so I DON'T piss her off or stress her because regardless of my mood, I am rarely if ever rude or obnoxious to anyone let alone someone earning a few quid behind a till.

So...

Yesterday's knobhead has been back on. I deleted all his messages, because, well he was pointless.

Anyhow, he's now decided he wants my car. GR8, except not very GR8 as he can't remember what car it was. For some obscure, unfathomable reason, you get this from time to time. People say they can't remember where they've seen the advert and ask 300 fucking questions answered on the advert they can't find. Anyhow, it's not worth getting back to them, to be honest. So bollocks.

He did ask the price, which I replied to, but ten minutes later he's decided he can't afford that so made an offer. An offer £100 above all he could afford yesterday. Still not enough.

Now he can't remember who he offered that much to, as he's messaged a few people.  Informed him it wasn't me as I wasn't selling mine for that.

TL:DR, verdict fruit cake.

4 hours ago, dozeydustman said:

Nana dustman passed away about 5pm. Been expecting the call for at least a year as she’s just existed as opposed to lived. Relief and upset is a weird combination. 

Going to take a day or so off the forum. Can’t even spend time with my parents at they’re 90 miles away

So sorry for your loss chap.

1 hour ago, xtriple said:

You can think I'm a  horrible old cunt for all you want but I avoid her all the time, not just when there's a panic shopping spree and people going fucking mental. She is slower than continental drift and as devoid of personality as it is possible to be while remaining, basically, to qualify as a human being. I avoid her so I DON'T piss her off or stress her because regardless of my mood, I am rarely if ever rude or obnoxious to anyone let alone someone earning a few quid behind a till.

So...

Never met or spoke to you but fuck me that line really isn't nice reading

Mangled a 15mm mac strut pinch bolt...   Had been cleaned up with wire brush and wd40 multiple times befire attempt. Bought a fucking expensive rattle gun of 700 nm and thought I'd prepared enough. Oh there's no 15 mm in the impact sockets goes straight from 14 to 16 mm. Errr ok try with ordinary 15 mm socket no joy and quite loose. In irritation hammer brand new 14 mm Impact socket over bolt head and start rattling away. Nothing.. Try rattling other way briefly and then anti clockwise. Let it rattle away for 30 seconds straight, then small brief bursts Nada doesn't want to know. Pissed off bring out the breaker bar as at least the impact socket seems to have quite the grip. The fecker is flexing and eventually the bolt head deforms and the impact socket starts to work its way off.  Bastard. 

I thank you for your kind words and reactions to my last post ladies, gentlemen, robots and undecided, means a lot to me and my family.

Please rest assured that nana dustbin was not a victim to COVID-19 but had simply expired during an afternoon nap a she just conked out after 18 months of respite and palliative care after not being able to look after herself, nor members of my family being able to look after her in her own home.

I’ve been in touch with my family back home in Kent this afternoon and they are doing as well as can be expected. My brother and his mrs were saving yesterday to announce they are expecting baby no3 but it’s come as a bit if a damp squib in all that has haooened overbthe last day and a half.

Mrs dustman and Step-miss binbag have been very supportive as well which is a great consolation.

We celebrated nan’s life this evening with one of her favourite meals and drinks - bbq’d sausages and bianco vermouth with lemonade. I’m sure she’d approve.

17 hours ago, Skut said:

Mangled a 15mm mac strut pinch bolt...   Had been cleaned up with wire brush and wd40 multiple times befire attempt. Bought a fucking expensive rattle gun of 700 nm and thought I'd prepared enough. Oh there's no 15 mm in the impact sockets goes straight from 14 to 16 mm. Errr ok try with ordinary 15 mm socket no joy and quite loose. In irritation hammer brand new 14 mm Impact socket over bolt head and start rattling away. Nothing.. Try rattling other way briefly and then anti clockwise. Let it rattle away for 30 seconds straight, then small brief bursts Nada doesn't want to know. Pissed off bring out the breaker bar as at least the impact socket seems to have quite the grip. The fecker is flexing and eventually the bolt head deforms and the impact socket starts to work its way off.  Bastard. 

I bought these for my impact wrench and they haven't broken with its 1600NM of torque. Pretty much have every size in it that I have needed in impact sizes both in Metric and importantly for me, in Imperial sizes. Even 8mm sockets but tbh on any tool with decent power, trying to shift that size bolt is asking for trouble. 

https://www.toolstation.com/impact-socket-set/p86722

Toolstation are still selling to the public too at the moment as well if you wanted to pick a set up tomorrow. They say they are made by Tool Connection but mine were branded Laser. So not total shit quality and especially not Silverline crap. 

Majorly grumpy today.

Slipped in the shower this morning and went down with a bloody awful clatter. No major injuries (was lucky not to break an arm ) but bruised and aching. Worst part is that  I took out two of the 600 x 400 tiles that are no longer available and new bathroom not even 5 years old. Och, yet another expense to deal with when/if I ever get back to work.

Lovely day here so enjoyed my daily allotted walk with the dogs that cheered me up. However, that bubble was burst as I went to Lidl to do my shop  on the way home.

Was standing on the 2m lines waiting to pay for my shop and had to deal with some cockwomble just saunter past 6" in front of me between the lines!!  I said 'hey man, 2m please' and got the reply 'fuck off!' Some young Asian lad...hope he gets the fucking thing and dies gasping for air....he's a waste of the bloody stuff already if that's his attitude at present.

I know it's nothing in the grand scheme of things, but on our walk today, my missus popped into the corner shop to grab milk, and got littlun a drink and me an ice cream - white choc magnum, what else...

Anyway, I'd hardly had any of it when I just lost grip on it, and dropped it on the pavement. It was the last straw in a lot of crap lately, but I'm impressed I held it together. I know a dropped ice cream is not the end of the world, but it was very nearly the thing that tipped me over the edge... 

18 hours ago, Skut said:

VAG?

Orders new work boots click n collect from b&q about 3 weeks ago (so just as corona v. was kicking off here). Went to get to them to find the shop shut up, even though the signs outside said c&c was still functioning. 

Jump forward to now and I've had no contact from them, their helpline is closed and their website has over an hour wait (which I'm absolutely sure is bound to glitch out like a good old fashioned dial-up download). 

I'll need those boots if I go back to work on the 20th but have no idea how to progress things forward.

3 hours ago, Sir Snipes said:

Orders new work boots click n collect from b&q about 3 weeks ago (so just as corona v. was kicking off here). Went to get to them to find the shop shut up, even though the signs outside said c&c was still functioning. 

Jump forward to now and I've had no contact from them, their helpline is closed and their website has over an hour wait (which I'm absolutely sure is bound to glitch out like a good old fashioned dial-up download). 

I'll need those boots if I go back to work on the 20th but have no idea how to progress things forward.

I'm in the same boat. I ordered some plumbing pipework to fix a leaking overflow four days ago for click and collect, I've had emails from then saying don't come and collect until we contact you- Zero contact so far and as you say phone lines closed and website not viable. 

8 hours ago, Sir Snipes said:

Orders new work boots click n collect from b&q about 3 weeks ago...

I work at B&Q though currently on furlough but what I can tell you is this.

There's up to a week waiting time in some stores as the website Click & Collect system which normally processes 100 orders a day in a big shop is suddenly having to deal with many thousands of orders per day. 
The system is REALLY struggling at all levels, as are the few remaining staff in the shops (closed to the public) who are being sworn at and generally abused by cunts turning up wondering where their rolls of wallpaper and hot tubs are and why they can't come in for a browse. 
The phone lines are down to the general public because we were getting inundated with calls from people who couldn't understand why we wouldn't let them in, or demanding to know why they couldn't get some paint mixed.

We're open because we're theoretically a hardware store which is one of the 'essential' shops on the Government's list but all people are wanting from us is normal DIY stuff to stave off the boredom.  Morale is rock bottom and from what I hear some stores are becoming unmanageable due to staff being at the end of their tether with both customers and management.

I'm sure your stuff will get processed and you'll get the phone call to collect it guys, but it might be a while yet.

A mate of mine works in a timber/building supplies yard and it is the same, they are delivery only, the phone is ringing when they get in and still going when they close, deliveries are now about a week from order and subject to them still having/getting stock. "But I only want", "I'm only up the road", "Why haven't you got", "I'm outside can you shove it through the fence", "My neighbour said you were open, can I add to his order" ""But I need it today".

I'm glad I'm working from home, but a bit surprised by how many people seem to have my personal phone number.

Ive been planning a photographic piece of art..in my head for a week so i can enter the Luxembourg Art Prize...deadline April 30th..I needed a new scanner.Ordered it...delivery 5th May ya fukka. OK..rethink idea...then our huge big photo printer fucken breaks down...i totally lost it and went in a big huff refusing to eat my dinner.

OH. And Stirling Moss was a misogynistic-racist-homophobic UKIPPER old shitbag.Its this..oh..British at its best shite i cant stand...even though he was as close to a fascist as u can get.Give me Jim Clark..Senna..Archie Scott Brown anyday.

And my Aunt Geunda Eadie (RIP)  beat him in a Formula Four race..this when he was saying women shouldnt  race.

1 hour ago, Rab said:

....And Stirling Moss was a misogynistic-racist-homophobic UKIPPER old shitbag.Its this..oh..British at its best shite i cant stand...even though he was as close to a fascist as u can get.Give me Jim Clark..Senna..Archie Scott Brown anyday.

And my Aunt Geunda Eadie (RIP)  beat him in a Formula Four race..this when he was saying women shouldnt  race.

Tim Brooke-Taylor also kicked the bucket. ISIHAC won't be quite the same without him.