The grumpy thread

outlaw118

5 hours ago, captain_70s said:

it seems to me like a self congratulatory pat on the back for the clappers who are probably the same people voting for political parities that want to reduce the system's funding and panic buying toilet rolls. Plenty of people were videoing their clapping as well, no doubt to post online to show what a good person they are.

was it someone on here that said it was the extrovert and attention seeking people that mostly filmed it

6 hours ago, outlaw118 said:

Outlaw_Junior (stepson) is in the midst of moving.

A couple of weeks ago, repossession papers were served at his rented flat; he's only been there 6 months, and it was muggins here that did most of the moving, his "dad" did fuck all, and his sister spent an afternoon putting a wardrobe together.

He rang his landlady and she promised that it was dealt with, a big mistake, blah blah. 

On Friday, some "recovery agents" knocked looking for her. They wouldn't disclose who they were working for, and it took ages for them to be convinced that she wasn't either living with him, or hiding in a cupboard.

So, after being told by his employer his job is in jeopardy, he's decided enough is enough, and has bought himself a caravan and is going to live in that.

So, 3 guesses who's doing the move with him?

Yep.

His "dad" is too busy self isolating, and his sister and partner have decided they need to visit partner's relatives in Loughborough for a fortnight.

So according to the media, me and him are going to be fined, arrested, thrown in jail and tiger-bummed,for doing "unesassary travel" all because his fucking landlady believes it's OK not to pay bills.

Pisswhistling spunkweaver.

I got away with all that today. Hopefully I'll get home tomorrow... 

Had to go shopping today so we went to Waitrose as we thought it would be more civilised than the other supermarkets at the mo. Mrs Yoss then suggested it would be easier to do social distancing if I stayed in the car. I sort of half heartedly said 'are you sure' but I was quite happy, just sat and caught up with a few threads on here. 

Whilst sitting there this woman turned up in this Volvo and parked half over the pedestrian walkway. 

IMG_20200327_135935.thumb.jpg.2d3cb9e1cf2a32f74931b31fbd02d7a1.jpg

What's more it took her two attempts to park this badly. Then she got out and walked off without looking back because she knew full well how shit her parking was. I was hoping somebody was going to run a trolley down the side of her car. 

15 hours ago, sdkrc said:

I think I'm the only person who thought the NHS clap was lame. I'm very anti-planned-clapping out the window. The Italian one was novel and more spontaneous. This one was contrived.

I'm very pro actually paying competitive wages for NHS, ditching shitty parking charges and shitty paperwork where they're forced to waste time. I'd gladly pay more tax to make this happen. Practical thanks rather than a token gesture. 

Saying this, I also don't like birthday cards so maybe I'm just a grumpy shite.

I assume a lot of people clapping out the window are also the same people collecting in parks, making unnecessary trips and flouting the isolation rules.

I think ANY recognition for the shit the NHS staff are having to deal with every waking hour is a good thing. 

How on earth could anyone honestly moan about that, FFS? I really despair about human attitudes at times.

15 minutes ago, cort16 said:

I think you have to be a pretty hard core grumpy bastard to be grumpy about the clapping. It was meant to be a show of appreciation and a reminder to everyone that people are putting their lives on their line so stay at home.

9 minutes ago, Dick Longbridge said:

I think ANY recognition for the shit the NHS staff are having to deal with every waking hour is a good thing. 

How on earth could anyone honestly moan about that, FFS? I really despair about human attitudes at times.

I was pretty grumpy about Bozo clapping having seen him cheering and clapping when they stopped nurses getting a pay rise not so long ago

As anyone who has to deal with The General Public all day long knows, quite a few of them are complete cunts and treat people in shops, cafes, petrol stations, and yes even doctor's surgeries and A&E departments like utter shite,  but when one person takes the time to say thanks to you for doing your job whatever it may be then that can help stave off the desire to take a fucking pickaxe to the next mouthy twat who gives you abuse.

Which is handy when the shop you work in sells pickaxes.

3 hours ago, Dick Longbridge said:

Ah. I forgot why I come on autoshite. It's for the middle aged men overreacting to things. You're gonna have a tough time outside of your house if that's what it takes to make you "despair about the human attitude" fella.

Don't think there's any argument from me about the NHS being underpaid, underappreciated and overworked. Sounds like you might be too

14 hours ago, outlaw118 said:

Outlaw_Junior (stepson) is in the midst of moving.

A couple of weeks ago, repossession papers were served at his rented flat; he's only been there 6 months, and it was muggins here that did most of the moving, his "dad" did fuck all, and his sister spent an afternoon putting a wardrobe together.

He rang his landlady and she promised that it was dealt with, a big mistake, blah blah. 

On Friday, some "recovery agents" knocked looking for her. They wouldn't disclose who they were working for, and it took ages for them to be convinced that she wasn't either living with him, or hiding in a cupboard.

So, after being told by his employer his job is in jeopardy, he's decided enough is enough, and has bought himself a caravan and is going to live in that.

So, 3 guesses who's doing the move with him?

Yep.

His "dad" is too busy self isolating, and his sister and partner have decided they need to visit partner's relatives in Loughborough for a fortnight.

So according to the media, me and him are going to be fined, arrested, thrown in jail and tiger-bummed,for doing "unesassary travel" all because his fucking landlady believes it's OK not to pay bills.

Pisswhistling spunkweaver.

They outlawed eviction for the next 3 months(probably on a rolling basis given this shitstorm may well last longer), so there's no need, junior should sit tight and politely tell any bailiffs/repo men to fuck off. The repo may well go ahead but legally they'll have to keep their sitting tenant, for now at least.

7 hours ago, sdkrc said:

Ah. I forgot why I come on autoshite. It's for the middle aged men overreacting to things. You're gonna have a tough time outside of your house if that's what it takes to make you "despair about the human attitude" fella.

Don't think there's any argument from me about the NHS being underpaid, underappreciated and overworked. Sounds like you might be too

You've entirely missed my point.

However, your nine months of frequenting this forum clearly gives you a green light to tell members who have been posting here for a decade how the fuck to do things. 

Slow clap. 

8 hours ago, somewhatfoolish said:

They outlawed eviction for the next 3 months(probably on a rolling basis given this shitstorm may well last longer), so there's no need, junior should sit tight and politely tell any bailiffs/repo men to fuck off. The repo may well go ahead but legally they'll have to keep their sitting tenant, for now at least.

I'm aware that the eviction probably won't go ahead, but losing a huge chunk of income and with all the agg with people knocking it was the straw that broke the camel's back as it were.

Just taken the dog for a walk , some cunt in a S3 thinks 70+ in a 30 is acceptable

Some people still don't get it , crash and that's resources the NHS don't have to spare , personally I'd send a copper out if they crashed to tell them they're not being treated for being a cunt in a time of national crisis , if you're still alive when it's over we'll come back.

1 minute ago, loserone said:

I've parked our cars in the main road to create a chicane just to slow the Audis down.  And it's working well.

This thread is useless without pictures. 

2 hours ago, Wack said:

Pity I hadn't got a rocket launcher , the satisfaction would've been immense 

A black hairdryer pointed at him would be less good, but while I fully appreciate the desire (been there myself), the hairdryer is legal and easy to do and resulted in the shitting themselves.

34 minutes ago, Tamworthbay said:

A black hairdryer pointed at him would be less good, but while I fully appreciate the desire (been there myself), the hairdryer is legal and easy to do and resulted in the shitting themselves.

If you're wearing a high vis vest, even a mobile phone results in a sufficiently satisfying level of panic.

Not speaking from experience at all...

Only boring people get bored, but the tedium is unbelievable now. So unbelievable, in fact, I actually seriously tried to buy a fucking V*lksw*g*n camper van before.

3 hours ago, Pieman said:

Don't you know nuffink?  If you drive an Audi S3 you are exempt from all laws.

Sadly every c*nt in a Golf or BMW I saw yesterday are under the same impression. All doing 50-60 mph in a 30mph even though there was people out walking etc. The one BMW was the worst though. 

Overtook me an another BMW who was tailgating me in a 30 over double white lines, chucked shit over the front of our Van as he cut me off too.

Then tailgated two cars further up the rd after aborting overtaking them round a blind bend. Then overtook them on double white lines again so he could run a red light through a junction! 

It was pure luck he didn't kill someone.