The grumpy thread

outlaw118

8 hours ago, mitsisigma01 said:

How is it for you working DD, not sharing a cab at work are you? how does the rest of the crew get around? 

I’ve been set aside as an ‘at risk’ member of staff because I’m overweight. My stepdaughter is at a higher risk of getting it than me because she’s working in a supermarket and has done 4 extra shifts this week.

I think loaders are meeting the driver at the start of the round by travelling there in their cars

they’ve sent home over half the front line staff and using whoever they can get their hands on.

22 minutes ago, myglaren said:

Looks as though daughter's battery has collapsed on her C3.

Fortunately working from home currently (NHS) - 16 hour days :(

ECP prices  :(   :(

I paid far less for a Bosch for my C5 diesel a year ago.

£44.49 for the shitty Lion one with their code, it’s not awful if you need it today is it?

2 hours ago, dozeydustman said:

I’ve been set aside as an ‘at risk’ member of staff because I’m overweight. My stepdaughter is at a higher risk of getting it than me because she’s working in a supermarket and has done 4 extra shifts this week.

I think loaders are meeting the driver at the start of the round by travelling there in their cars

they’ve sent home over half the front line staff and using whoever they can get their hands on.

And my family took the piss out of me when I panic bought a garden incinerator bin two weeks ago...

4 minutes ago, NorfolkNWeigh said:

And my family took the piss out of me when I panic bought a garden incinerator bin two weeks ago...

Yep burn what you can matey, my council is prioritising putrefying stuff which is the general waste and garden waste with under 50% collection staff, they’re turning down a lot of agency and volunteer staff according to one colleague as those offering their services have been sent home from other jobs because in the at risk category.

Making Tax Digital!

Under the guise of streamlining the process I went down the route of linking my company bank account to Xero.

After a bit of cocking about the process shuddered into life and all was good.

Until today, Co-operative business banking is not compatible with Xero until April and that is an estimate.

I don't know if the issue is Co-op but suspect Xero are the culprits as a number of banks are affected with the same estimated date.

Either way its a shitty thing to be changing systems to introduce failures especially just as end of year returns are due.

Somebody somewhere needs a P45 for this kind of screw up and a weapons grade wedgie as they are thrown off the premises.

Moving a company account is a tedious affair usually with face to face and form filling, not an option at present.

Any recommendations for a replacement business account?

I’ve got an old iPhone 6s that was barely clinging onto life. I was resealing the bath the other week and dropped it on the tiles cracking the screen. That was was the last straw so I ordered a good used iPhone  7 from eBay . I. got it all setup , restored my back etc. Perfect .

I Sat down to listen to a podcast to drown out all the wfh background noise and no fucking headphone socket! . Bastard, this is when apple moved to Bluetooth  only to force people to buy their over priced ear buds. 
I do have a set of Bluetooth headphone but they last 4 hours and give no indication when they’re going to run out.

not all progress is good 

6 minutes ago, cort16 said:

I’ve got an old iPhone 6s that was barely clinging onto life. I was resealing the bath the other week and dropped it on the tiles cracking the screen. That was was the last straw so I ordered a good used iPhone  7 from eBay . I. got it all setup , restored my back etc. Perfect .

I Sat down to listen to a podcast to drown out all the wfh background noise and no fucking headphone socket! . Bastard, this is when apple moved to Bluetooth  only to force people to buy their over priced ear buds. 
I do have a set of Bluetooth headphone but they last 4 hours and give no indication when they’re going to run out.

not all progress is good 

Sorted:

https://www.wish.com/c/5b0d4b8d4d23b03df6bf4305?hide_login_modal=true&from_ad=goog_shopping&_display_country_code=GB&_force_currency_code=GBP&pid=googleadwords_int&c={campaignId}&ad_cid=5b0d4b8d4d23b03df6bf4305&ad_cc=GB&ad_curr=GBP&ad_price=1.00&campaign_id=9496440955&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIk97t04S46AIVCbTtCh2xIgRNEAQYAiABEgKT7_D_BwE

you can’t charge the phone at the same time, but still allows proper headphones. 

22 minutes ago, rusty_vw_man said:

I know you can get adapters it just seems daft you need one although see the high end android phones have gone the same way.

1 hour ago, Rovorsche said:

Making Tax Digital!

Under the guise of streamlining the process I went down the route of linking my company bank account to Xero.

After a bit of cocking about the process shuddered into life and all was good.

Until today, Co-operative business banking is not compatible with Xero until April and that is an estimate.

I don't know if the issue is Co-op but suspect Xero are the culprits as a number of banks are affected with the same estimated date.

Either way its a shitty thing to be changing systems to introduce failures especially just as end of year returns are due.

Somebody somewhere needs a P45 for this kind of screw up and a weapons grade wedgie as they are thrown off the premises.

Moving a company account is a tedious affair usually with face to face and form filling, not an option at present.

Any recommendations for a replacement business account?

The issue is Co-Op won’t have fully implemented Open Banking for business customers - Yorkshire Bank are the same, integration with FreeAgent has stopped working now. 

Monzo do business banking now - there’s a free tier or £5 a month if you want things like said integration. No per transaction fees etc.  Instant account opening and use CASS to switch. Not a single form required. 

3 hours ago, Kiltox said:

£44.49 for the shitty Lion one with their code, it’s not awful if you need it today is it?

Saw those but can't see them lasting very long.  Fortunately she is working from home and always walks to the shops, only a ten minute walk and there are multiple shops including Sainsburys, ASDA and dozens of smaller shops - which may or may not be open of course.

4 minutes ago, myglaren said:

Saw those but can't see them lasting very long.  Fortunately she is working from home and always walks to the shops, only a ten minute walk and there are multiple shops including Sainsburys, ASDA and dozens of smaller shops - which may or may not be open of course.

I’ve used them a few times, they aren’t actually that awful. 

The Varta one linked to will be better if she can wait for delivery though and cheaper too!

16 minutes ago, greengartside said:

It’s my birthday today.

And I’ve managed to put my lower back out so now I’m in bed for the rest of the day. Still, not back at work until Tuesday because holiday so hoping it’ll be reet for then. Stay safe, guys.

As much as it can be when you're in pain, happy birthday. It's not every day that you're 102 either, so make the most of it!

They say shit happens in threes.....

Put some washing in the machine, got the box of Persil out. Bottom of box decides to fall out, and now I've got a kitchen floor like Shaun Ryder's coffee table.

Cleared that up....

Went out to get a coat of wax on Megamoose. All's going well, driver's side rear quarter done, inside the door shuts, lovely. About to start on the front wing, and my bottle of polish blows over, all over the bonnet and onto the floor. Look's like I've been Stu_CDXing everywhere.

Cleaned that up......

Decided that I'll touch in the rendering round the windows we had fitted last year. Mix up paint with a bit of white to account for fading, brush on. Lovely. Until I start round the front of the house, where the existing render has faded more than the back. It looks like Stevie Wonder did it.

Fuck it.

I'm doing nothing else today.

WTF is wrong with people? Went on my daily allowed exercise, and walked to the nearest bit of nature. Former tip, now grass n scrubby trees, the birds are out, stuff is growing, feeling of calm.

IMG_20200326_160914.thumb.jpg.bd0d0eebef6d22675f9ba8bb4238ef75.jpg

What kind of fuckwit takes the dog for a walk, bags up the shit then carries it until they find flowers n thinks yeah, great place to dump it?

4 hours ago, Kiltox said:

I’ve used them a few times, they aren’t actually that awful. 

The Varta one linked to will be better if she can wait for delivery though and cheaper too!

The Varta at ECP is subject to a 50% discount and there is a branch near me.  I know they are often rubbish but they can't get that badly wrong.  They will deliver too, usually same day.

She has got the car started so perhaps it will be OK.  Lots of electrical faults on it, spurious warning lights and sounds and bulbs blowing but she won't let me take it to be fixed.  Just had it's MOT so nothing to worry about on that account.

I thought my son was going to see to it as he has more idea, being a motorcyclist but he never showed up.

40 minutes ago, jakebullet said:

WTF is wrong with people? Went on my daily allowed exercise, and walked to the nearest bit of nature. Former tip, now grass n scrubby trees, the birds are out, stuff is growing, feeling of calm.

IMG_20200326_160914.thumb.jpg.bd0d0eebef6d22675f9ba8bb4238ef75.jpg

What kind of fuckwit takes the dog for a walk, bags up the shit then carries it until they find flowers n thinks yeah, great place to dump it?

Round here some people bag up their dog crap and hang it on the trees like some kind of shit bauble. Just why? Tying it to a branch must take far more effort than slinging it in a bin.

Twats who pay themselves by dividend to avoid tax are up in arms that they aren’t eligible for help under the new scheme. They have been milking a system for years and not contributing to society but now expect those of us who play the game to bail them out. FRO and close the door behind you.

This clap for the NHS thing this evening. 

I am all for the NHS and massive respect for everyone who works in health care especially now. 

But what  IS the point in me clapping on the doorstep 30 miles from the hospital, and 2 miles from the heath centre, which is closed? 

I know people want to do something, but this is pointless. May as well shout down the toilet.