The grumpy thread

outlaw118

I'd like to make another big shout out to everyone who doesn't believe the rules apply to them. Fuck you. 

Had to go to the shops. 2min drive. Street was busier than I've ever seen it. Guy with fishing gear, 2 big groups of 4+ people walking together, guy washing his bike on the pavement...

Good lump of people on here are just as bad. 

What's the point? 

After 9 days of mainly having a virus (you may have heard of it?) and now apparently now being nontoxic I took my Boris permitted exercise of walking almost 75 meters to the PUG 206 to find milk, bread all gone very off and engine no longer working so walked the 75 meters back.  That bodes well for next week as work decided to carry on. Wonder if I can be bothered as a testing non-medical stuff in a secure production facility seems non essential but being a hourly contractor is no work no pay.

1 hour ago, sdkrc said:

I'd like to make another big shout out to everyone who doesn't believe the rules apply to them. Fuck you. 

Had to go to the shops. 2min drive. Street was busier than I've ever seen it. Guy with fishing gear, 2 big groups of 4+ people walking together, guy washing his bike on the pavement...

Good lump of people on here are just as bad. 

What's the point? 

People are Dicks, the idea that GREAT Britain is in some way special seems to make these knobheads feel immune. In a fortnight we will be making Italy and Spain look worth going to again.

1 hour ago, sdkrc said:

I'd like to make another big shout out to everyone who doesn't believe the rules apply to them.

Aye.  I've noted when out for a quick walk to get my allowed once daily exercise and to walk the dogs that the park local to us is way busier than usual and there's just generally a lot of people around.  We had to make a run to a supermarket yesterday and the town centre seemed maybe 20% quieter than usual.

Just back from today's pilgrimage to the pharmacy to pick up the stuff they forgot to give me yesterday.  This was the queue.

1927961033_Screenshot_20200325_1602032.thumb.jpg.a9e5f5c36a2bde4311c0b8d3e515f464.jpg

Not helped by them having massively restricted their opening hours.  They normally run 0700-2300, now are just doing 1000-1700...and obviously it's taking longer to serve folks as they're using the window counter only (they're painfully slow even on a normal day), plus they're clearly going to see additional demand as folks don't want to get stuck at home and run out of meds. 

I realise that these are trying times and all...but a pharmacy is an area I'd have expected them to do what they can to improve accessibility not reduce it.

Aside from anything else, how are you meant to pick up your medication if you're working normal hours?  You're snookered.

Nope, that's after it's taken nearly a fortnight to be signed off by the GP, sent the thirty feet from the GP to the pharmacy electronically and been made up ready to dispense.

I saw this coming and had requested a top up to my medication on like the 2nd or 3rd of March as I expected stuff to go mad.  It was only ready to be dispensed yesterday.  If I'd waited until a week before like they instruct you to I'd still be a week away from getting it.

Really irks me that they don't automatically fill any repeats here now, you have to manually request everything.  It's a pain when you're on eight different medications, all of which run out at different times.

Guys please have some pity on pharmacists at the minute, I've been to about 30 this week so far and they are under incredible pressure and have bent over backwards to support other NHS services, remember that if they fuck up slightly they can quite easily kill you.  2 at a time is to protect them as well as you, if they go down we are seriously in the shit. A thank you and patience would be very much appreciated.  

9 minutes ago, omegod said:

Guys please have some pity on pharmacists at the minute, I've been to about 30 this week so far and they are under incredible pressure and have bent over backwards to support other NHS services, remember that if they fuck up slightly they can quite easily kill you.  2 at a time is to protect them as well as you, if they go down we are seriously in the shit. A thank you and patience would be very much appreciated.  

This. It's not just hospital staff that are putting their necks on the line at the moment.

1 hour ago, dozeydustman said:

I have no idea what this sitcom is on ITV, but it’s actually worse than Mrs Brown’s Boys, which I didn’t think was possible

I was watching this comedy series called 'BBC NEWS' earlier and it had this fat man in an ill fitted suit wearing a bad wig, doing some sort of surrealist stand up, whilst people shouted at him from a telly stood at the other end of the room. 

It was like, maybe French or something but remade for UK telly, I'm not sure? 

Anyway I didn't like it. 

Now we've got our stuff we've switched our preferred pharmacy to another one.  We absolutely fully expected stuff to be slower than usual and there to be a queue.  As there was one neighborhood over where we were picking up stuff to drop off with a friend who's in full isolation and can't leave the house at all.  Waited about half an hour, perfectly reasonable.

Our local one though is just a nightmare at the best of times.  I've been handed the wrong medication on several occasions and twice a prescription for a completely different person.

14 minutes ago, HillmanImp said:

I was watching this comedy series called 'BBC NEWS' earlier and it had this fat man in an ill fitted suit wearing a bad wig, doing some sort of surrealist stand up, whilst people shouted at him from a telly stood at the other end of the room. 

Anyway I didn't like it. 

Sure that wasn’t Bloomberg?

13 minutes ago, wuvvum said:

You have V6-engined streets where you live?  Very posh.

Confused the heck out of me the first time I visited here!

Milton Keynes is arranged in a notionally north/south east/west grid (it's actually rotated about 30 degrees, but you get the idea).  The main distributor roads running north/south are numbered V, the east/west ones H.  It's the only town I know in the UK which you can broadly navigate using grid references.

25 minutes ago, Zelandeth said:

Confused the heck out of me the first time I visited here!

Milton Keynes is arranged in a notionally north/south east/west grid (it's actually rotated about 30 degrees, but you get the idea).  The main distributor roads running north/south are numbered V, the east/west ones H.  It's the only town I know in the UK which you can broadly navigate using grid references.

I had to attend a training course at a drug company in MK in the 90's, I could see the hotel they booked for me from every possible angle as it had a big windmill but could I shite get to it. Frustrating place to say the least!

1 hour ago, HillmanImp said:

Anyway I didn't like it. 

You are Philomena Cunk and I claim my five pounds.

1 hour ago, omegod said:

I had to attend a training course at a drug company in MK in the 90's, I could see the hotel they booked for me from every possible angle as it had a big windmill but could I shite get to it. Frustrating place to say the least!

Caldecotte!

Attended a car meet there once just after moving in - took me four loops around the area before I found the damned access road!

Being on lockdown, on a glorious day, when you own three convertibles is tantamount to torture. 

I resisted the urge to drive into the hills, because I’m taking this seriously. But I almost had to get Mrs_b to hide the keys. And that was day 2.

In other grumpiness, my sleep has gone to shit... I’m usually so knackered that I crash out and sleep until the alarm. Recently I’ve been doing a lot of waking up at 4am... 

6 minutes ago, brownnova said:

Being on lockdown, on a glorious day, when you own three convertibles is tantamount to torture. 

I resisted the urge to drive into the hills, because I’m taking this seriously. But I almost had to get Mrs_b to hide the keys. And that was day 2.

In other grumpiness, my sleep has gone to shit... I’m usually so knackered that I crash out and sleep until the alarm. Recently I’ve been doing a lot of waking up at 4am... 

Morning. My body clock is waking me up at 5:40 out of habit. 

1 minute ago, New POD said:

Morning. My body clock is waking me up at 5:40 out of habit. 

Morning!  I’m normally a 6am riser, I could cope with that... I even went for a 2 hour ‘state permitted exercise’ walk yesterday to tire myself out... 

6 minutes ago, Sir Snipes said:

My alarms had been set for 5:30. Yesterday I woke up bang on, today I'm 20 mins "late".

I'm working from home, so should have left for work by now.