The grumpy thread

outlaw118

44 minutes ago, Timewaster said:

I suspect this sort of whinging self entitled old scrote probably whined at his gp until they prescribed it just to get rid of him. 

Still, the good news is the likelihood of coffin dodgers like this kicking the bucket right now has just increased by 1,875%

Anyone else noticed how much the supermarket's have jacked up food prices in addition to removing all the deals. 

I worry about the pensioners and people on low incomes actually affording food and essentials.

The supermarkets really are the only winners in this horrible situation. 

4 hours ago, Zelandeth said:

Well I was just out walking the dogs.  I'm avoiding all contact with other people, but they need exercise or they'll destroy the house, and a walk into and around the woods in the pouring rain isn't exactly high risk.

Got collared by the mounted police halfway through the walk, asked "Are you bloody stupid?" And firmly instructed to go the hell home, get inside and stay there.

Okay...did we get slammed into full lock down already and I had failed to hear about it?!?  Not as far as I can see...

Blarg. 

No, dobbin-mounted plod is full of shit; as long as you're more than 6' from other people you can do what you like at little risk, even as a person at greater risk from CV19. It's petty bollocks from closet brownshirts which will not make this situation any easier given it's got at least weeks to run, possibly months. Other non-dobbin-mounted police that are not of this persuasion are available.

1 hour ago, tapir said:

Anyone else noticed how much the supermarket's have jacked up food prices in addition to removing all the deals. 

I worry about the pensioners and people on low incomes actually affording food and essentials.

The supermarkets really are the only winners in this horrible situation. 

Yes, I noticed when I was trying to do my weekly shop on Tuesday.  And yes, as if it wasn't a constant enough worry already, I'm right with you on the low-income bracket.  Because that includes me as firmly now as it ever has!

2 hours ago, tapir said:

Prices in my local Tesco look about the same as they always were, for the stuff I buy at least.  Also I just got 2 for £1.50 on tins of Ambrosia pudding so not all the deals are gone.

5 hours ago, sierraman said:

Picked up a bike for eldest from Halfrauds, staff serving said it’s had its ‘pre delivery inspection and was good to go’. Got it home, chain was bone dry, tyres flat as a fart... wasn’t expecting a bouquet of flowers but if they said they’ll assemble it I’d assume they’d take the trouble to put some fucking air in the tyres. 

Least of your worries! Have you felt the weight of those Halfords bikes?? Got my lad a Frog bike, half the weight of a Halfords boat anchor!

Hard to know what I'm moaning about, tbh. My parents were so poor, they could only afford a second hand calculator and the 'X' button was missing.

Times were hard.

@Cavcraft Times are tough right now, even though we are generally better off than our parents generation. Not only is there the risk of loosing the old and the vulnerable of our loved ones in one short go there is the impact of the economy stopping and for many little or no money coming in.

Dam right it's ok to wonder if there is a chance of a break from life. In fact I think TV is a break from life, or valium is. But they don't really help, you have to carry on and pick up the pieces after you are done watching or taking the valium.

6 hours ago, sierraman said:

Picked up a bike for eldest from Halfrauds, staff serving said it’s had its ‘pre delivery inspection and was good to go’. Got it home, chain was bone dry, tyres flat as a fart... wasn’t expecting a bouquet of flowers but if they said they’ll assemble it I’d assume they’d take the trouble to put some fucking air in the tyres. 

In a previous iteration I was a support worker for peeps with learning difficulties 

One of the more able ones once rocked up to shared house with a new cycle from Halfords complete with rigid forks backwards, non functioning rear brake and no batteries in front or rear lights.

More than a little incensed I rounded up the troops into the mini bus we had, threw the bike in the back and returned to Halfords.

The staff were adamant someone had fucked with the bike and weren't keen to do much about it.

To the manager I  pointed out the chaos which his store had descended into. Two were playing a version of pooh stick with bicycle tyres in the isles, a lad with adhd was running around the store with his arms held out making engine noises having a whale of a time, another lad obsessive with prices was in the process of taking every single item to the till for a price check.

To the manager I said quietly, the longer you fuck me about the longer this lot destroy your store.

Told me to come back in a hour when all would be sorted and would chuck in accessories as well.

7 hours ago, Timewaster said:

Mrs went to the pharmacy to get her fathers prescription this morning. 

45 minute wait, fair enough if they are busy. 

Old fella at the front of the queue was having a proper rant at the pharmacist as his prescription included paracetamol which they didn't have. 

He just kept shouting "It's on my prescription - I'm ENTITLED to it. I'M ENTITLED!!" 

Apparently the pharmacist repeatedly apologising and telling him they didn't have any was not acceptable, he just shouted it again. 

Just a reminder that not all old people are frail vulnerable lovely old worthers original suckers. 

Some are just twats that have been alive a long time. 

Daughter worked in a community pharmacy before moving to a hospital.  The usual responce by the pharmacist is to say "We will deliver it. Will you be in on Friday?" 

16 hours ago, TheDoctor said:

*Not bothered what people do, but there is clear non smoking rules in these flats, and they smoke out of the windows above us, throw all the dog ends onto the front garden and generally make the whole place stink of properly strong skunk. It's turned a lovely quiet set of flats into a shit hole. 

My upstairs neighbour was doing this for a while. Since I started posting the dog ends through her letter box it seems to have stopped for now...

15 hours ago, BorniteIdentity said:

I thought they'd stopped the bullshit of paracetamol on prescription.  It's twenty one fucking pence for fuck's sake.  I know we now have to pay for my son's antihistamine which, on balance, is absolutely fine.

Antihistamine is 50p a packet in our local quid world.

9 hours ago, Flashband said:

In a previous iteration I was a support worker for peeps with learning difficulties 

One of the more able ones once rocked up to shared house with a new cycle from Halfords complete with rigid forks backwards, non functioning rear brake and no batteries in front or rear lights.

More than a little incensed I rounded up the troops into the mini bus we had, threw the bike in the back and returned to Halfords.

The staff were adamant someone had fucked with the bike and weren't keen to do much about it.

To the manager I  pointed out the chaos which his store had descended into. Two were playing a version of pooh stick with bicycle tyres in the isles, a lad with adhd was running around the store with his arms held out making engine noises having a whale of a time, another lad obsessive with prices was in the process of taking every single item to the till for a price check.

To the manager I said quietly, the longer you fuck me about the longer this lot destroy your store.

Told me to come back in a hour when all would be sorted and would chuck in accessories as well.

Literally fucking crying laughing at this ?

2 hours ago, omegod said:

...a new cycle from Halfords complete with rigid forks backwards, non functioning rear brake and no batteries in front or rear lights.

Sounds about standard, sadly.

When I started on the Halfords Cycle Desk years and years back, I replaced a lad who was notorious for having sent about 100 bikes out the door with the brakes adjusted so they closed on the tyres, rather than the rims...

He wasn't sacked, he just left for a job at a Vauxhall main dealer... 

(Not even joking.)

On 3/18/2020 at 8:18 PM, artdjones said:

Try catcar.info You'll find what you want on there -and a lot more.

Sorry for the slow reply, but just to say many thanks for that - a few bits of the Servicebox functionality is missing, but certainly the functionality I used most frequently is there ?