The grumpy thread

outlaw118

2020 can already FRO.   Split with my Girlfriend in January, house I’m renting is under offer so I need to move, noticed today the Rover has a water leak and is leaving a nice puddle on the road, I go out this evening to see how bad the leak is, open the boot to find it’s also leaking and the spare wheel in a pool of water so I set about sorting that out first, removing the spare wheel I put my back out, neighbours helped after finding me on my hands and knees in the road not able to move. A friendly passer by ran for help then packed everything back in the boot and closed the bonnet for me. I’m now horizontal and on strong painkillers and unable to get about. 

1 hour ago, EssDeeWon said:

2020 can already FRO.   Split with my Girlfriend in January, house I’m renting is under offer so I need to move, noticed today the Rover has a water leak and is leaving a nice puddle on the road, I go out this evening to see how bad the leak is, open the boot to find it’s also leaking and the spare wheel in a pool of water so I set about sorting that out first, removing the spare wheel I put my back out, neighbours helped after finding me on my hands and knees in the road not able to move. A friendly passer by ran for help then packed everything back in the boot and closed the bonnet for me. I’m now horizontal and on strong painkillers and unable to get about. 

Wait until you find out the keys are in the boot under the spare tyre and all the water has shorted the central locking and locked itself ????

Don't ask me how I know! 

I feel for you my back goes out like that quite often but this time I've been knackered since just before Christmas ☹️

Oh fluffing hell...there is a pigeon sitting on the roof directly above the bedroom window that has been cooing non bloody stop for the last hour and a half.  I am seriously wanting to wrong its damn neck at this point. Especially as it was nearly 5 AM before I got to sleep in the first place.

Sucker is even sitting back far enough from the edge that I can't get a clear shot at it with a Nerf dart...yes I have tried, and there are now about a dozen of them on the roof.

21 hours ago, reb said:

I'm trying to watch the Sweeney (well, Regan) on my parents TV but instead I'm fighting with modern* technology.

It takes about 2 minutes to switch on and sometimes gives you unintelligible bollocks on the LCD screen instead of opening the dvd tray. Eventually without changing anything the tray sprung open and has been working fine since.

Progress they call it. Whatever happened to just shoving a tape in?

Does the wii not play dvds? I know the playstation does.

On 3/19/2020 at 1:54 AM, mitsisigma01 said:

Who is this man, I could do with some assistance ?

Really?  OK...

A few years ago Go Compare ditched their opera singer in favour of a Portmeirion-based collection of Welsh people, of whom Glyn was one.  He was sometimes shown carrying a pump-action standard lamp, which amused me greatly.

And in searching for an image to show you (and failing) I've noticed they spell his name with a double n.

10 hours ago, mitsisigma01 said:

Wait until you find out the keys are in the boot under the spare tyre and all the water has shorted the central locking and locked itself ????

Don't ask me how I know! 

I feel for you my back goes out like that quite often but this time I've been knackered since just before Christmas ☹️

Keys are here, anyhow I have spares.

For now it’s rest and back to back Minder. 

'Working from home'.

Isn't it interesting when certain staff at a management level that have been perpetually 'working from home' a day or two a week, for many months, suddenly come forward with an urgent request to replace the 'faulty' mobile phone / laptop / monitor and also require a chair / desk / VPN CONNECTION *

* delete as applicable

Well I was just out walking the dogs.  I'm avoiding all contact with other people, but they need exercise or they'll destroy the house, and a walk into and around the woods in the pouring rain isn't exactly high risk.

Got collared by the mounted police halfway through the walk, asked "Are you bloody stupid?" And firmly instructed to go the hell home, get inside and stay there.

Okay...did we get slammed into full lock down already and I had failed to hear about it?!?  Not as far as I can see...

Blarg. 

Currently on day 3 of working from home and going stir crazy. I love the isolation, but I haven't yet had any proper training in my new role, so I'm without things to do most of the time. Luckily I am still in contact with my old team and have been helping them. 

But... 

My upstairs neighbours have been playing music non stop since about 9am, and are now doing their usual karaoke routine of Lewis capaldi durges etc. It won't be the C*****virus that does them in at this rate... 

On a plus side, the flat next door to the weed smoking*, loud music loving anti-social cunts has just been let out - to a policeman. This could get interesting. 

*Not bothered what people do, but there is clear non smoking rules in these flats, and they smoke out of the windows above us, throw all the dog ends onto the front garden and generally make the whole place stink of properly strong skunk. It's turned a lovely quiet set of flats into a shit hole. 

Mrs went to the pharmacy to get her fathers prescription this morning. 

45 minute wait, fair enough if they are busy. 

Old fella at the front of the queue was having a proper rant at the pharmacist as his prescription included paracetamol which they didn't have. 

He just kept shouting "It's on my prescription - I'm ENTITLED to it. I'M ENTITLED!!" 

Apparently the pharmacist repeatedly apologising and telling him they didn't have any was not acceptable, he just shouted it again. 

Just a reminder that not all old people are frail vulnerable lovely old worthers original suckers. 

Some are just twats that have been alive a long time. 

40 minutes ago, TheDoctor said:

Not bothered what people do, but there is clear non smoking rules in these flats, and they smoke out of the windows above us, throw all the dog ends onto the front garden and generally make the whole place stink of properly strong skunk. It's turned a lovely quiet set of flats into a shit hole. 

Our neighbours below use to do that too. May as well be blowing it into my face.

Picked up a bike for eldest from Halfrauds, staff serving said it’s had its ‘pre delivery inspection and was good to go’. Got it home, chain was bone dry, tyres flat as a fart... wasn’t expecting a bouquet of flowers but if they said they’ll assemble it I’d assume they’d take the trouble to put some fucking air in the tyres. 

2 minutes ago, sierraman said:

Picked up a bike for eldest from Halfrauds, staff serving said it’s had its ‘pre delivery inspection and was good to go’. Got it home, chain was bone dry, tyres flat as a fart... wasn’t expecting a bouquet of flowers but if they said they’ll assemble it I’d assume they’d take the trouble to put some fucking air in the tyres. 

I have a scar on my head caused by an incorrectly assembled Halfords bike - the fucking handlebars came off!

1 hour ago, Timewaster said:

Mrs went to the pharmacy to get her fathers prescription this morning. 

45 minute wait, fair enough if they are busy. 

Old fella at the front of the queue was having a proper rant at the pharmacist as his prescription included paracetamol which they didn't have. 

He just kept shouting "It's on my prescription - I'm ENTITLED to it. I'M ENTITLED!!" 

Apparently the pharmacist repeatedly apologising and telling him they didn't have any was not acceptable, he just shouted it again. 

Just a reminder that not all old people are frail vulnerable lovely old worthers original suckers. 

Some are just twats that have been alive a long time. 

I thought they'd stopped the bullshit of paracetamol on prescription.  It's twenty one fucking pence for fuck's sake.  I know we now have to pay for my son's antihistamine which, on balance, is absolutely fine.

Also bloody hell this having everyone working from home thing is driving me nucking futs.

There is basically nowhere I can be other than locked away in my room that I'm not either in the way or having my ears battered by senior management phone calls. 

The house is an absolute sodding tip, but I can't do any cleaning properly without majorly getting under people's feet.

1 hour ago, TheDoctor said:

....*Not bothered what people do, but there is clear non smoking rules in these flats, and they smoke out of the windows above us, throw all the dog ends onto the front garden and generally make the whole place stink of properly strong skunk. ...

I wonder if that's going to trigger mental health / psychotic episodes in future. Could lead to a killing or two, leading to "lessons being learned" by the authorities, etc..... *rolls eyes*

1 hour ago, BorniteIdentity said:

I thought they'd stopped the bullshit of paracetamol on prescription.  It's twenty one fucking pence for fuck's sake.  I know we now have to pay for my son's antihistamine which, on balance, is absolutely fine.

I suspect this sort of whinging self entitled old scrote probably whined at his gp until they prescribed it just to get rid of him. 

44 minutes ago, Timewaster said:

I suspect this sort of whinging self entitled old scrote probably whined at his gp until they prescribed it just to get rid of him. 

Still, the good news is the likelihood of coffin dodgers like this kicking the bucket right now has just increased by 1,875%

Anyone else noticed how much the supermarket's have jacked up food prices in addition to removing all the deals. 

I worry about the pensioners and people on low incomes actually affording food and essentials.

The supermarkets really are the only winners in this horrible situation. 

4 hours ago, Zelandeth said:

Well I was just out walking the dogs.  I'm avoiding all contact with other people, but they need exercise or they'll destroy the house, and a walk into and around the woods in the pouring rain isn't exactly high risk.

Got collared by the mounted police halfway through the walk, asked "Are you bloody stupid?" And firmly instructed to go the hell home, get inside and stay there.

Okay...did we get slammed into full lock down already and I had failed to hear about it?!?  Not as far as I can see...

Blarg. 

No, dobbin-mounted plod is full of shit; as long as you're more than 6' from other people you can do what you like at little risk, even as a person at greater risk from CV19. It's petty bollocks from closet brownshirts which will not make this situation any easier given it's got at least weeks to run, possibly months. Other non-dobbin-mounted police that are not of this persuasion are available.