The grumpy thread

outlaw118

2 hours ago, Jazoli said:

12 bore shotgun would sort it, or keep the dog out of the bedroom :)

1st comment was a joke btw...

I know... at 5;00 in the morning it's bloody tempting! I know she can't help it and it's just 'one of those things' we are going to have to live with but it does get a tad wearing. She's 12 and a half now and has been sickly all her life, always in the wars (peritanitus, broken legs) and she has been a cripple for the last 6 years and just like me, she's getting worse. My ability to help her walk is deminishing as well so it's not a great situation. I wish I could do more for her, I long for the days when she was always running full pelt and falling in oceans because she's clumsy.

On 2/28/2020 at 10:01 PM, Saabnut said:

£695 a month plus council tax etc. No increases for 3 years. Might try for £750 this time but will take advice from the estate/letting agents. House is valued at about £200k so returns up here are not good.

Yeah, return isn't the best. But if it were steady and you had decent tenants who pay on time it's okay.  

It's a small thing, but is boiling my piss. Train tickets that don't work.

Last September useless tossers Northern added "valid only via Wakefield" to my ticket, which is pointless as there's one line to Leeds, and Wakefield is on it. Since this improvement the return section always, and I mean always is rejected in the barriers at Leeds "seek assistance". So queue for the bored bloke who either thinks you are a retard who can't put a ticket in a slot, or a master criminal who's forging rail tickets.

Tried #northernassist on twatter, and emailing the email us about something fucked form. At first they're passing it to the relevant who gives a fuck department. Then they just ignore you. Short of going into the station with a fake bomb and holding the place to ransom I doubt I'll ever get the fuckers fixed.

12 hours ago, xtriple said:

I am concerned as well as grumpy; currently washing all my bedding again as Phoebe has poo'd on it... yet again. That makes every day this week. It's not her fault she does it in her sleep and it surprises her no end, if she'd just poo and keep still, it wouldn't be to bad, but she wriggles and kicks her legs and consequently makes a proper bloody horrible mess. It doesn't matter how often I take her out  she wee's okay but it's a rare event (worthy of acclaim and salutations) if she poops outside. She's even done it in the car before now, that is a proper mess.

I really don't know what to do about it.

Don’t let her sleep on the bed!

On 2/29/2020 at 4:59 PM, HillmanImp said:

Just took the bags outside to lob them in the back of the Legacy to take them to the tip and the boot appears to be broken and won't open FFS. 

Will look at it in the morning.

Any joy with the Legacy's non-opening boot? I had similar bother with my Forester; after worrying that the locking module was on its way out, all it took was a good squirt of 3-in-1 oil up into the mechanism and it's been grand ever since.

Took a while to persuade it to open first, mind...

11 hours ago, FakeConcern said:

This has happened again to my daughter's (used to be mine) C4 VTS...

Some people are just bastards...

There's an Iranian family live opposite me, been here for at least 20 years and probably more.

The woman had a Crossfire until recently but now has a Peugeot sports thingy in a dark smoky blue and someone has done that all the way down the nearside of hers.

Absolutely mindless.

I bought a new washing machine for one of the girls last August.  Packed up last week.

Engineer came to fix it.  Needs a new motor and control board, a week before he comes back.

I did her washing on Saturday & yesterday.  Put it on a 30° wash.  The washer is slow, checked after an hour and my washer had paused itself.  set it away again, an hour later, same thing and then again an hour after that.

Second lot was better, only did it before the final rinse & spin.

All day to wash two lots of clothes.

At least it worked properly yesterday at 40°

It is suspiciously quiet now, supposed to be doing my delayed washing.

3 hours ago, MikeR said:

Try and check the water is getting heated . The washer will pause while it is done .

It was only on the (rarely used) 30° cycle and then mainly the rinse cycle.

Pushing the 'go' button set it away again - go button flashes while paused, I use it occasionally when cleaning the machine - fill with bleach and cold water then abandon it for a few hours (until I remember it)

I managed to clobber the civic's wing mirror off a wheely bin this afternoon and it's now gone all mr floppy :(

IMG_8298.thumb.JPG.9b2e92a82c09924be8f71cf715588a96.JPG

I'm not overly upset as  it's been previously bodged and had done well to last this long

IMG_8299.thumb.JPG.231358d179e19211b5b48fbbe99926bf.JPG

but how long has it lasted ? There's a little bit of paper scrunched up in the hinge, which of the 9 previous owners did that ? 

IMG_8300.thumb.JPG.db1feee81b4253a9494b631772afc821.JPG

Fixing shall commence later on, most likely involving self tappers and a blob or two of epoxy :) 

1 minute ago, gm said:

I managed to clobber the civic's wing mirror off a wheely bin this afternoon and it's now gone all mr floppy :(

IMG_8298.thumb.JPG.9b2e92a82c09924be8f71cf715588a96.JPG

I'm not overly upset as  it's been previously bodged and had done well to last this long

IMG_8299.thumb.JPG.231358d179e19211b5b48fbbe99926bf.JPG

but how long has it lasted ? There's a little bit of paper scrunched up in the hinge, which of the 9 previous owners did that ? 

IMG_8300.thumb.JPG.db1feee81b4253a9494b631772afc821.JPG

Fixing shall commence later on, most likely involving self tappers and a blob or two of epoxy :) 

Not guilty m'lud

On 2/27/2020 at 2:13 PM, yes oui si said:

IMG_20200226_135944.thumb.jpg.7e74432e648fda79dd868aa71acfbfd7.jpg

Yeah, just stick a space saver on the front end of several tons of Swedish steel with your kid in the back... 

Totally unrelated but that garden centre used to be a slaughter house when I where a lad. The locals never thought councillor Murray mbe could pull it off but it always apears to be busy.

51 minutes ago, garbaldy said:

Totally unrelated but that garden centre used to be a slaughter house when I where a lad. The locals never thought councillor Murray mbe could pull it off but it always apears to be busy.

A couple of relatives used to work there. 

Slightly disappointed that they've pulled down the buildings over the 697 for this new distillery - was kind of hoping that they'd repair and maintain them. 

I can remember standing on the peth watching brand new fords being unloaded and driven up the ramp to the upstairs storage area of that redpaths building, when the new reg came out they where driven back down and along to the haugh head garage for new owners to collect. 

The sandstone original bible school bit was quite nice shame they didn't incorporate it into the new distillery the rest was just tin shed really which was doomed the moment a young towrag fell through the roof trying his free running skills.

She doesn't sleep on the bed as I don't sleep in a bed! I sleep on the floor with Chester under the blanket with me and Phoebe on a huge pillow/dog bed thing next to me. I try to keep her and her bed next to the heater to keep her warm (Chester keeps me warm) but sometimes she turns around and her bum end up where I'd prefer it to NOT be.

So I don't let her 'sleep on the bed' as she#d never get on or off if I did.

3 minutes ago, xtriple said:

She doesn't sleep on the bed as I don't sleep in a bed! I sleep on the floor with Chester under the blanket with me and Phoebe on a huge pillow/dog bed thing next to me. I try to keep her and her bed next to the heater to keep her warm (Chester keeps me warm) but sometimes she turns around and her bum end up where I'd prefer it to NOT be.

So I don't let her 'sleep on the bed' as she#d never get on or off if I did.

Oh. Well, now I feel bad. Carry on ?

On 3/2/2020 at 10:14 AM, MikeR said:

Flat car battery ... It's only been stood a fortnight ... !!!

My bad. I'm back on Friday, but  I think my jump leads are in the boot of the mx5, with battery charger. 

On 24 February 2020 at 7:01 PM, eddyramrod said:

People.

Fucking people.

Fucking ignorant people.

Fucking ignorant, mannerless, shouty, aggressive, bastarding people.

Why do I have to share this planet, this life, with this rubbish?

I am the most timid, law-abiding, pleasant person you could possibly meet, and I'm walking the smallest dog.  Well ok, as Chihuahuas go she's quite big, but you know what I mean.

So tonight at 1730 I was walking her a couple of streets from home and she stopped to do a poo, just by a much bigger poo done by another dog.  Now having had freshly-cooked meat yesterday (doggy bag from the carvery we went to) Memphis is a bit constipated.  It'll be a day or two before she does any more than little bullets.  So I dug a bag out of my pocket and picked up what she'd done, and walked on, just as a black diesel Audi parked up where we'd been.  As we got near the end of the street, from behind me comes "Hey, dogshit!" at a wake-the-dead volume.  I turned, holding up my bag.

"Not mine, I pick hers up!"     

"Aye, fuck you did!"  (Want to guess where he's from?  I think I've written enough of his accent...)

"That wasn't us!"  And we carried on round the corner.

1: Don't talk to strangers like that, you don't know what they might do!  (In my case, fuck all, which does nothing but fill me with frustration.)

2: Get your facts straight.  Did you see my dog do that poo?  No you fucking didn't.  There is no way on this or any other Earth you could have, even if you'd been walking with us, because she didn't do it, and what she did do, I picked up.

3: You really want to have this row at maximum volume in the street where you live?

Do I really have to admit to being the same species as that?

Have had a similar experience. Picked up the poo,  dogbeard and I went on our way with me holding the poo bag. Mr Angry Bloke comes running up to me a few minutes later. " Oi, fucker, my kid has just stepped in your dogshit " Showed him the poo bag, explained that I had clearly picked up and whatever his kid had stood in was nothing to do with me. He just got angrier and more abusive before storming off claiming " got your picture fucker, you are going on Facebook ". I was shaking with rage and injustice but could do nothing else but go. This was last year and it still upsets me. The Angry and Entitled win every time. He probably forgot about it ten minutes later when the next 'reason to be angry' occurred. I am still clearly affected  by the confrontation. Not on your own Eddy! 

Some prick once hung out of their bedroom window to shout at me because Phobe had pee'd on their cars wheel.

Phoebe.

Who is a girly dog and they squat not cock their leg. Twat wouldn't have it so I blew him a kiss and walked(hobbled) away. If he wasn't incandescent with rage before, he was after I blew him a kiss :) 

Just now, Bobthebeard said:

This was last year and it still upsets me. The Angry and Entitled win every time.

Sadly they do, because Real People like you and I won't lower ourselves to their level.  If only...  Anyway, thank you for the support.