The grumpy thread

outlaw118

1 hour ago, angle said:

Sakes man. I was meant to be going to see Sleater Kinney in London on wednesday but everyone is ill.

If it's any consolation the new album is utter shit, so shit that Janet Weiss quit over it, so you'll not be missing anything. I honestly can't think of another example of a band with such a stellar back catalogue that went on to curl out such a monumental turd, but there you go.

I have a ticket for the Manchester show on Thursday that I will not be attending and that hasn't sold out, so I have 0% chance of recouping the £30+ I have wasted,

1 hour ago, eddyramrod said:

That too.  And I know beyond any shadow of a doubt that I'm the one who'd be seen to have started it, even though I'm the innocent party.

Nice guys finish last?  Every fucking time, matey, every fucking time.

Normal women and echoists are taken in by those on the narcassistic side of normal.  Its exciting, it's spontaneous, it's leaving them feeling not quite adequate, and turns them into needy, trying to be better, and nice guys are not exciting, and allow women to feel equal and therefore able to make decisions for themselves. And they choose less boring. Less secure options are more exciting. 

1 hour ago, strangeangel said:

If it's any consolation the new album is utter shit, so shit that Janet Weiss quit over it, so you'll not be missing anything. I honestly can't think of another example of a band with such a stellar back catalogue that went on to curl out such a monumental turd, but there you go.

I have a ticket for the Manchester show on Thursday that I will not be attending and that hasn't sold out, so I have 0% chance of recouping the £30+ I have wasted,

I really wasn't sure at first, but it's grown on me. Still sounds too much like the Killers in places for comfort though, definitely not my favourite. 

17 hours ago, eddyramrod said:

As we got near the end of the street, from behind me comes "Hey, dogshit!" at a wake-the-dead volume.  I turned,

Next time, don't even turn around to try and justify yourself.  The other person is clearly goading for an argument and every if they are demonstrably wrong will still argue the toss.

Ignore, keep walking, don't even register their existence.  You'll feel better/calmer and the other cockwomble will be fuming that he didn't get the reaction he wanted.  Win-Win.

21 minutes ago, eddyramrod said:

Then why do they constantly disapprove of our Shite choices?

I call it the Burberry factor.  Impressing the neighbours and their friends does not happen by owning a 230k mile 19 year old Omega.  It might happen with a white 520D on a lease plan, with a 69 reg like what her friend's husband has.  

Unfortunately for my wife's friends she is not impressed by material things, although clean, well fitting clothes and a decent shave, are the mark of a man in her eyes. 

Went out with my grandparents earlier... They have a 69 plate i20 with 2,300 miles on it. Seems grandad stays in 2nd until 40 then straight into 5th.

Then Granny showed me her new satnav. They can't use the one in the dash, too complicated. And no, I'm not teaching them! 

Never felt more sorry for a modern...

I was helping them buy and install a new printer, which went well until software time. "requires service pack 2..." ah, OK, duly downloaded... "service pack one is not installed" 

Fuck! 

So I spent 2 hours upgrading vista to service pack 2...must upgrade them this year

Just had an email from the boss confirming our current project ends at the end of the month and work on the new project will be mostly desk based for a while until priorities are agreed..

This means no more miles and I need to get to London 5 days a week on my own funds, double whammy.. Bugger..

The rest of it is all still a bit grim..

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk

Decided on Saturday to sign up for internet banking. Jesus effing christus. Filled in all the stuff

and it wouldn't bloody work. Tried three fucking times and all I got was 'please add a value' to my user id.

Like £5 or what ? Ended up having to ring them and go through my details about three times to different

people. So all good. NO IT FURKIN WASN'T !  

Needed to buy new handbrake cables so went on fleabay. Card refused. FFS I have never had a problem

with my card until yesterday. Logged in to my account and what did it say ? Please add a fukin value to my

user ID. FFS. Rang the bank again and got passed to someone after again having to give my details three

times. Was told it was because of suspicious activity. FFS the account was 48 hours old and I had done naff

all with it. AARGH !!!  Eventually got my card unblocked. Yay ! 

Was that the end ? No it fuckin wasn't. Went on ebay to order an accelerator cable this evening, coz it broke,

managed to reattach it coz just enough length left on the end, and what did I get ? Yep, card refused. So now I'm

going to have to ring them AGAIN.  AAAAAAARGH !!!!!

45 minutes ago, puddlethumper said:

Decided on Saturday to sign up for internet banking.

I've been using it for about 20 years, would be a massive inconvenience without it (one personal and 5 business accounts) even though I regularly have to take physical coins to a physical counter and pay them in. 

Keep trying, once you get the initial problems sorted it should make life a good bit easier.

This flu can fuck off now.

My business is down about 75%, nobody is flying anywhere. So far so bad.

Thats Ok though I’ve got a long weekend away booked for Mrs N’s birthday in a couple of weeks , finally booked and paid for the hotel on Saturday, guess where?  Yes, Venice!
Oh, and Mrs and 2 offspring have got a week in the sun booked for late April, Tenerife of course.

The airlines and hotels won’t entertain any changes or refunds until the Governments involved ban travel.

1 hour ago, wuvvum said:

:lol:

I think my home PC still has Vista

Not that I use it ever... 

My grump is work. New job within the company starts Monday coming,but I've not spoken to my new boss since I got the job back in November. Yes, November, as my current department needed me to stay until I replaced myself, and to run a few projects.

Being the last minute & bad planning type of department /company we are, my last week consists of the following, on top of my day to day 14 hours work crammed into 9.5 hours:

Run project A - spreadsheets, stock profiling, data extrapolating etc. 

Run project B - Same deal

Run project C, but keep it on the down low as not officially announced yet. This data intertwines with project A,and has the potential to fuck it up royally if I'm not careful. 

Reduce working capital to below budget by restricting purchasing. This means everything now comes through my department, instead of being done at branch level. Cue a stressed out team at the end of their tethers. 

Oh, did I mention my boss is in New York on holiday this week? So I'm office manager too technically. 

And one team member is on Sabbatical until next week. 

My boss's boss is relatively new to the business and isn't really in a position to help. 

Also, my 'replacement' is coming in for the next 3 days for... 'training' Guess who is expected to train her? 

And to cap it off, I keep getting told I'm doing great and that my department will be sorry to see me go, but they aren't exactly trying hard to keep me. The best I got was a half-hearted offer to 'match' my new salary. Yeah, stay in stressful job for same money as new, less stressful job? Erm... 

These next few days will be hell, and to top it off, my anxiety is through the roof, and when I get home and wind down I'm depressed and snappy. Probably as I'm starting to wonder if either department actually wants me at all, and if I'm just being used until I break... 

Phew! That took longer to type than I thought it would. 

Ps. I also found out the some re-profiling data I did yesterday didn't get uploaded properly, so my figures looked crap on the KPI. 

4 minutes ago, Fumbler said:

Been 17 for roughly 4 hours and I have my first driving lesson tomorrow... already anxious AF. I'm sure I'll be fine.

Could be worse, my first driving lesson, on my 17th birthday (18th December 1997), was in one of these

36685789563_c5450d8581_b.thumb.jpg.783705be7ed57da25516c4d4d8650a4c.jpg

You'll be fine, don't worry.