The grumpy thread

outlaw118

2 hours ago, DeeJay said:

Leave a spare set of keys in the porch. 

That's just what my sister said last time. But who ever does what their sister says?

But seeing as it has now been said on here, I'll act upon it when I get home. Cheers!

Gutted. Just went to look at a 318is with no MOT on Facebook market place. 

I asked if it's still available, he said yes, give me the post code so I said great I'll set off now. 

Gets there, only some other fucker had beaten me to it, would have preferred when asked if its still available, that someone was on the way to view it. I knew he'd bought it as the listing changed to sold in front of me. 

Screenshot_20200218-112921_Facebook.jpg

1 hour ago, sierraman said:

Perhaps if they’re 41 now then you’d be right there.

Nope. It is utter bollocks that people today are any less competent than people of the past. The majority of the population has always been and will always be completely feckless and technically incompetent. I must stop and help people change tyres or similar six or eight times a year, and most people just don't know how to do it or are too nervous to try. There is no generational difference - people in their sixties are as useless as people in their forties or twenties. 

It is also utter bollocks that people today are distracted by electronic devices whilst people of the past had no such hinderances. Before smartphones, people ignored each other by watching TV. Before television, people ignored each other by reading. 

29 minutes ago, yes oui si said:

.... It is also utter bollocks that people today are distracted by electronic devices whilst people of the past had no such hinderances. Before smartphones, people ignored each other by watching TV. Before television, people ignored each other by reading. 

They generally didn't have those distractions back then whilst driving. 

15 minutes ago, Tadhg Tiogar said:

They generally didn't have those distractions back then whilst driving. 

You're right. 

unnamed.jpg.1bd3557a814771e3681d67dedfc4f3b2.jpg

These kids keep letting themselves be distracted. The older generation wouldn't do anything like that... 
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-york-north-yorkshire-28880647

11 minutes ago, yes oui si said:

You're right. 

These kids keep letting themselves be distracted. The older generation wouldn't do anything like that... 

We were mostly too poor to have a telly in the car. Maybe you were different.

Well, of course, we had it tough. We used to 'ave to get up out of shoebox at twelve o'clock at night and lick road clean wit' tongue. We had two bits of cold gravel, worked twenty-four hours a day at mill for sixpence every four years, and when we got home our Dad would slice us in two wit' bread knife

All sorts of (legal?) distractions go on as a taxi driver. The dash mounted PDA and dash mounted smartphone using Google maps being two. I do my best to pull over whenever one or the other of them require attention but it's definitely difficult. The Bluetooth earpiece takes care of the incoming phone call distraction...... 

Finding number 52 Blah Street in the dark whilst the customer is ringing me to ask where I am is definitely distracting. Especially when Blah Street is a posh area with long drives and no visible house numbers. Trying to find 'The Ferns' on a road two miles long in the dark with busy traffic is definitely a distraction.

15 minutes ago, Bobthebeard said:

All sorts of (legal?) distractions go on as a taxi driver.

When I did it (late 1980's) we used our knowledge rather than a satnav. No mobiles back then either. Of course then it was perfectly legal* to continually have the radio mike in one hand whilst the other was (usually) on the wheel.

3 hours ago, sierraman said:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/business-51529207

Whatever happened to having your own thoughts but not enforcing them on other people? I’d be eating meat every day at work if I worked there. 

Grrrrrr.........if you want to be vegetarian/vegan fine it is your choice. If I want to eat meat it is my choice. Stop fuckin trying to dictate. 

Deep breaths.......

2 hours ago, jamiechod said:

I asked if it's still available, he said yes, give me the post code so I said great I'll set off now. 

Gets there, only some other fucker had beaten me to it, would have preferred when asked if its still available, that someone was on the way to view it. I knew he'd bought it as the listing changed to sold in front of me. 

Screenshot_20200218-112921_Facebook.jpg

Upside - you don’t own a 157k mile MOT-less E36. 

I can understand the “first come first served” thing tbh, Facebook Marketplace is full of time wasters who won’t turn up!

1 minute ago, Kiltox said:

Upside - you don’t own a 157k mile MOT-less E36. 

I can understand the “first come first served” thing tbh, Facebook Marketplace is full of time wasters who won’t turn up!

Oh yeah absolutely, I didn't go kicking off because there are so many time wasters on fb. Just one of those things would have been nice as its a 318is M sport but ideally no where to put it and Cba finding out its a sieve on the mot ramp. 

3 hours ago, yes oui si said:

You're right. 

I have a BNIB car stereo purchased from this very site (I think it was anyway) that has a small TV built in. Japanese made and from the 70s or early 80s. I am still waiting for the perfect car to fit it into. I was going to put it in the Capri but it would be criminal to cut the dash to fit as mine is a rare unmodified version.

6 hours ago, jamiechod said:

No offence, but it's hard to fault him for that, as Facebook is about 98% timewasters who don't show up. Not saying that about yourself for a minute, but he wouldn't have known. 

I'm not sure who coined the phrase "there's nothing as affectionate as a wet dog" but imagine that multiplied by four. I love them, but they're annoying me at the moment. It's not their fault, god knows why they're pleased to see me and want to be with me, but I've not had a good day and wouldn't mind five minutes peace. Never, ever, have four dogs, you just feel guilty all the time.

While typing this with one finger, they have settled a bit, only one wet dog on this sofa, he is grunting happily as I rub his belly with my other hand. The other three are watching waiting for their turns.

20200218_183918.jpg

5 hours ago, Marsh said:

Grrrrrr.........if you want to be vegetarian/vegan fine it is your choice. If I want to eat meat it is my choice. Stop fuckin trying to dictate. 

Deep breaths.......

How would a company get on if they said they would only reimburse expenses for meals containing meat? You can only imagine the outrage from vegetarians and vegans, and the vilification of the company across social media

It's a mad World

From what I can tell nobody at tree hugger.org or whatever it was called is upset about it.
Frankly I'd be quite pleased to get lunch on expenses even if it didn't have meat in ?

Meanwhile we've had something to make us grumpy.

IMG_20200218_135557559_HDR.thumb.jpg.bdbff16acc9847779f9c9a90d4713654.jpg

That's our 15 plate minibus.  It was sat in 6" of water.  By the time we'd fetched the keys the water was over the dash and 2' deep inside our warehouse.  Fortunately the customers are being quite reasonable about all their stuff getting destroyed ?

"You're through to the parts department how can I help?"

"Hi, I need to get 4 subframe bolts and captive nuts for a Corsa C please"

"Okay, Vauxhall sell them in packs of five so you'll have to by five"

"Riiiight... Okay fine - how soon can you get them?"

"Oh we're past the cut off point for the weekend now so won't be til Monday"

"Brilliant "

"The total for your order is £39.50"

For four sodding bolts. Or rather five and one that I don't bloody need. Grrrrrr.

Sent from my Nokia 7 plus using Tapatalk

Arse.
158360C7-D29D-469A-B0F2-D3A576D3E3B2.thumb.jpeg.d1ae0d650cce65905f6213bb5236a775.jpeg

Added that the same side rear tyre goes flat, the other rear has 2mm tread left and the spare is the original from 2002 with some nice cracks in it, that’s the best part of 200 quid I need to spend immediately as opposed to getting some cheap rubber mail order and having it fitted as and when.

Oh. And a question to the complete and utter piece of bumwad driving the Merc GLA through the bit of flooded road I was broken down in. Would you like me to create a bow wave with my car showering you with muddy water and shout out “Un-fucking-lucky” while you were stuck at the roadside your conked out motor.

No. No you wouldn’t. Your card is marked sir, and quite frankly you deserve a huge phallus drawn on your car’s bonnet and tailgate with brake fluid or etched in with a stanley blade you complete and utter goat felcher.