The grumpy thread

outlaw118

2 hours ago, sierraman said:

Ask them if they’d fancy swapping jobs for the day. 

Mrs66 is fine with doing a fair bit of stuff I do, she does the gardening but leaves stuff that she thinks I do better. I do the laundry so I know how little effort is required for 3 loads, were talking half an hour if not ironing.  

50 minutes ago, Alex66 said:

Mrs66 is fine with doing a fair bit of stuff I do, she does the gardening but leaves stuff that she thinks I do better. I do the laundry so I know how little effort is required for 3 loads, were talking half an hour if not ironing.  

Not having a dig but I run the house, look after 2 young kids (including school shite) run my buisness ans still find time for the odd pint. If you're organised it's a piece of piss. I find hoovering and ironing theraputic. I don't get any help at all.

10 minutes ago, paulplom said:

Front and back garden as well. Not sure you's have fuck all to whinge about tbf.

I am not moaning, Im saying it is piss easy, I also look after two kids have a small business , I was pointing out it is not hard now not like when my gran was bringing up kids with no  life gadgets .  I was pointing out the articles in the Guardian etc claiming being a house person was the hardest thing in life when its not.  

It's piss east if you're organised and keep on top of it. You do need a routine though. I only wash and dry the dishes once a day, set the washer away once a day etc. The kids do look after their own rooms but I need to be on their back quite a bit. Oh, and then there's the dog ?.

when did spark plugs get so expensive? I'm sure they used to be about £2 each but ECP reckon on up to £20 each for the fucking things. Yeah, errr no? Like get in the sea sort of no. Ib appreciate there are things like inflation and was steadting myself for £15-20 for a set of 4, but that much EACH? 

Jesus wept.

Anyone got any suggestions on Bosch FR8DC+ plugs for a 2001 mercedes c180 m111 engine? will they be ok because i can get them for under £12 for 4.

1 minute ago, captain_70s said:

I don't think I've ever spent more than £20 on a set of plugs with no ill effect. Do moderns use fancier plugs?

Yes some do. I know the MX5 MK3 had iridium plugs out of the factory. Set of four cost £50 about 6 years ago. Service schedule is to replace them at 60k miles. My garage said they looked like new when they removed them. If the car wasn't still reasonably new and worth something, I'd told them to wham back in. 

I fear I may be being victimised by 'marketing' and actually a set of whatever ebay do most cheaply will be fine, but have this nagging feeling I'll be the dinlo who wrecked his otherwise fine engine for the sake of a few quid after fitting unsuitable plugs. I'm paranoid about plugs after the Saab/Germany episode last year. maybe i'll leave them alone?

9 minutes ago, captain_70s said:

I don't think I've ever spent more than £20 on a set of plugs with no ill effect. Do moderns use fancier plugs?

ECP only list fancy plugs for my OH’s bloody Hyundai i10. Iridium plugs at a tenner each (before discount) in a 1.2 shopping trolley. 

Got to get the car i borrowed that someone hit to the repairers for 08.00 this morning.

Got to get buses and trains home so only took my back door key with me. Shut the front door behind me to find I had double locked the outer door, so I'm stuck in the porch. Rang all my family who have spare keys, but all gone to voicemail.

My grump is that I did THE FUCKING SAME THING 2 WEEKS AGO and had to be rescued by the Estate Agent. And this is the earliest I have had to get up for months.