The grumpy thread

outlaw118

3 minutes ago, dozeydustman said:

The more racist of the two won't acknowledge our Bajan driver and his son (mixed race). I think his tolerances to others went past that point decades ago. His brother is the total opposite and will talk to people then make judgement based on character not colour, race etc.

Private or council? I'm surprised that they have kept the cunt on for so long. 

Just now, yes oui si said:

Private or council? I'm surprised that they have kept the cunt on for so long. 

3 months til he retires. And council. He doesn't say anything where he knows he might get heard; in the cab travelling it all comes out.

But he's a resident typical of my area. There is hardly any ethnic variance, most of the residents (as I have stated many times before) are gammons and giffers who read the Daily Mail.

When I lived on the outskirts of Bognor there was a bit more tolerance, but back home in Kent there was a huge population of Indian, Pakistani, Bangladeshi etc background and most people got on well together.

2 hours ago, richardmorris said:

Other grump, is that I was enjoying watching the good wife on amazon prime recently and was up to season four. Last night it’s all  gone and not  on prime any more.  Anyone any idea what’s going on?

Maybe allegations of sexual misconduct have been made against one or more of the cast and/or production team?

What made me grumpy was riding my Trip to work and back yesterday,  specifically back. I thought I had finally lost my nerve it was that terrible. The bit inside Wales was fine thanks to decent surfacing and no potholes, the bit just over the border was actually horrific. I couldn't ride on the hedgeside due to washed out sections of road and big potholes, the centre of the lane was so built up with mud I couldn't safely ride on it or cross over it in places and the other side of the lane on the centreline was rutted, including a few ruts and potholes hidden by a cut price resurfacing job that actually made them impossible to see. This was a main road too, not a country back road.

When I finally got home after a bollock clenchingly scary hour or so riding I realised both front and rear tyres were coated with slimy road muck so the impression I had of having no grip whatsoever had been caused by me actually having no grip whatsoever. 

Went to use a battery charger this evening.
Set it all up under the bonnet and switched it on, the "wrong polarity/Fuse warning" light was on straight away.

Looks like it died last time it was used, the fuse holder is now a unified blob of plastic and the blade fuse wont come out with pliers.
49473940616_f9b76b59f5_z.jpg

As I have little tolerance for appliances that choose immolation over normal function, what could have been an easy fix no longer remains an option.
Its now proper fucked after failing a bounce test and remains where it landed.

3 hours ago, AnthonyG said:

Was this road in Herefordshire by any chance? 

You used to get a physical bump in the car from the transition from the lovely Welsh road, with a surface like a billiard table, to the crappy cart track that was the English side. 

This was the A44, the main route to the Mid Wales coast....

I know it well (I went to Lampeter University) . This was between Welshpool and where I live near the Herefordshire border.

On 1/30/2020 at 6:15 PM, HillmanImp said:

Have been in touch with the company that supply the panels. 

They said they were surprised I wasn't happy as they send out about 3 sets per month with no complaints but did chuckle when I said I was surprised too when I opened the box and saw them. 

Anyhow I sent them my photos and got the offer of £10 to cover me sorting them out or a full refund. 

IMG_20200130_180151.thumb.jpg.553e7759f39f7c47862f6c7f41eba0ed.jpg

All in all, I wasn't happy with the panels but the suppliers were okay about it and it was an easy refund process. Just chalk it down to experience. 

They were ok about it because it's the law.

10 years ago I wanted a cam chain kit for a 4.0 jaguar , the chains were in short supply so I ordered one from a guy who was taking the piss on the price because he had stock.

1/2 an hour later Steve (mechanic) rang to say he'd found one locally and it'd be delivered in an hour for 2/3 of the price

So I rang back to cancel , this was at 10am 

Sorry it's been despatched 

In 30 minutes you've picked,packed and the courier has collected it 

Yes , if you want to return it there'll be a 20% restocking fee.

Right, you know that's illegal 

What 

I have 7 days to inspect the goods and return them under the distance selling regulations so I'll be doing that , if you dont refund in full I'll be contacting trading standards.

He just put the phone down.

1/2 an hour later he rings back , I've contacted the courier and managed to get them to divert the parcel to another customer so I can refund your payment.

Of course you have , twat 

Daughter was home with C4 VTS this weekend so I gave it a wash and found someone has scratched it all around the boot lid with what I imagine to be a Stanley knife

Pics on this thread..

https://autoshite.com/topic/29249-c4-vts-now-belonging-to-daughter-no2/page/3/

Why are people such bastards?

Jesus Christ. I know ECP are a running joke on here but a visit there to buy some oil at the end of a shitty week has nearly made me go full Michael Douglas in Falling Down. Its 15 minutes before closing and they've locked the front door. 

Actually no, they haven't, they've left it open but pulled the security shutter down a foot so you can open it two inches before it smacks into the shutter and everyone in the shop turns and looks at you.

A guy is jetwashing his BMW outside. 'They've closed it mate, there's a big queue and they want to be away at 4'. Not my problem. 'OK, I'll let you in the side'.

And he does. And the lady behind the till asks who's let me in. I tell her. 'Well Aaron can fucking well serve you then, can't he?'. Turns out 1-Series jetwash bloke is meant to be picking the orders but he's buggered off to clean his car leaving her to do everything. Whatever, let's take stock of the clientele. 

Three guys are there to perpetuate the joke, returning parts they've been given that are wrong (rear pads for front, shocks the wrong size etc). Another three are here to pick up click and collect orders as the girl points out their email says it won't be in stock until Tuesday. One man is here to pick up Eicher brake pads because the Brembo ones aren't in stock, except it turns out the Brembo ones are and the Eicher ones aren't. There's a lady buying Steel Seal because her car overheated and died yesterday and she's read on the internet this'll get it running again. The man in front of me is buying discs and pads. This is massively fucking confidence inspiring, as he's also buying screenwash and asking the lady behind the till how to use it. 

Anyway, as she goes to get his bits I ask her if I should just grab my oil of the shelf to save time, as its now five past four (it was a click and collect order). 'No, you'll only get the wrong one, I'll get it out the back'. She gets it out the back. Its the wrong one. I get it off the shelf. As I leave, she shouts after me 'next time, try and get here a few minutes before four!' I pick up a baseball bat, smash the store up, attack a gang member, survive a drive-by shooting, kill a nazi, blow up a building site and get shot by the police. 

And obviously I've just copied this across from where I posted it in THE WRONG FUCKING THREAD. 

35 minutes ago, angle said:

I know ECP are a running joke on here but a visit there to buy some oil at the end of a shitty week has nearly made me go full Michael Douglas in Falling Down. Its 15 minutes before closing and they've locked the front door. 

Whitby Road? 

I've never been to that branch and got out within at least half hour. Really, really slow and never enough people on the counter. I suspect most of the business is the couriered to garages and the shop front is kept minimal to minimise the costs & maximise profits. 

Avonmouth is just as slow and that's a massive warehouse. Usually have stuff that other branches don't. I suspect it's a distribution hub for them. 

GSF in Easton are usually quicker but have less stock. 

38 minutes ago, SiC said:

Whitby Road? 

I've never been to that branch and got out within at least half hour. Really, really slow and never enough people on the counter. I suspect most of the business is the couriered to garages and the shop front is kept minimal to minimise the costs & maximise profits. 

Avonmouth is just as slow and that's a massive warehouse. Usually have stuff that other branches don't. I suspect it's a distribution hub for them. 

GSF in Easton are usually quicker but have less stock. 

Glad it's not just me then... 

I normally use GSF in Ashton but I needed to do the food shop and the Sainsburys in St Philips is open later. Obviously they'd sold out of half of what I needed though. 

After nearly 6 months, I've finally managed to locate some correct coloured panel's and interior trim for my Stilo SW at a breakers yard over Derbyshire.  After inspecting it on Saturday, I agreed to come back today and collect them in our Van. 

So get 10 mins up the road and first off the battery light starts coming on, pulled over but couldn't find any thing amiss. So carried on and thankfully despite the light staying on, no breakdown's. Reached the yard to find the doors and bumper pre removed, but the trim I wanted would still need to be removed by me. 

No problem, as I had brought my tool's. Goes to the scrap car. Looked inside and the excellent headlining I've spent the last 6 months searching for. Totally wrecked thank's to them picking the car up through the front windscreen with there forklift an hour before I got there! 

No matter though, bagged some others odds and ends which took an age to remove. Loaded up the Van, feeling cold and tired. Van thankfully starts and I put the heater on, expect now the heater packed in and that dam battery light still on. FFS.