The grumpy thread

outlaw118

14 minutes ago, Pieman said:

Hope you spotted his reg number - good to hear you're not too badly bashed about.  What a Grade A cunt.

Puts my parking ticket annoyance into perspective.

Sadly never caught the plate, a mix of being caught in the moment of "wtf" and when i turned to look and cars slamming on their brakes trying to avoid going up the arse of him too and managing it by a few inches meant the plate got kinda obscured. ?

14 hours ago, New POD said:

For those people who are Ill  and have to take time off work.  Take your time and don't go back until you are 100%

#ME #postviralchronicfatigue #yuppieflu

where I work they have a very harsh sickness policy, if you're ill six days in a year you get a warning and then the following year you only get half pay for when your ill. So people come in who really shouldn't and just spread whatever they've got to everyone else.

Chester Services on the M56 this morning. It's a Shell garage and probably about a mile from the refinery. Guess which dickhead picked the most expensive diesel? :(

IMG_20200130_082856.thumb.jpg.9ebf36723f1367805a989733ab439ea9.jpg

The lady at the till said it cleaned your engine out. For £1.61.9 per litre I'd have thought it'd include Kim & Aggie in lacy undercrackers sweeping the back of the van out and valeting the fucking seats.

That's pricey - only £1.30 near me for the cheap one - although I have used the wrong hose a time or two myself.

The only place around here that charges that much, that I have seen anyway, is a Jet place on a feeder road to the A1 and their cheap diesel has been £1.51 for the last eight months, never varies.

As I whinged about previously, had the late wife removed from our joint account, then had a letter from the bank for her informing of a deposit from Sweden.

Today, two new chequebooks in my name only.

Still have a chequebook with only two used, one three years ago and one two years ago.  The book must be at least five years old.

38 minutes ago, Cavcraft said:

Chester Services on the M56 this morning. It's a Shell garage and probably about a mile from the refinery. Guess which dickhead picked the most expensive diesel? :(

IMG_20200130_082856.thumb.jpg.9ebf36723f1367805a989733ab439ea9.jpg

The lady at the till said it cleaned your engine out. For £1.61.9 per litre I'd have thought it'd include Kim & Aggie in lacy undercrackers sweeping the back of the van out and valeting the fucking seats.

Asda isn't far from it. 

1 hour ago, rainagain said:

where I work they have a very harsh sickness policy, if you're ill six days in a year you get a warning and then the following year you only get half pay for when your ill. So people come in who really shouldn't and just spread whatever they've got to everyone else.

Sounds like they only really allow time off if the employee dies.

7 minutes ago, Tadhg Tiogar said:

I bet they are fussy with bereavement leave.  

Mind you I lost points in a redundancy scoring process because on 2 occasions in 12 months, I had taken a child to A&E in the middle of the night and hadn't got home until late afternoon. And was told by my boss not to book it as holiday. 

Each occasion was counted as 5 points off. 

So if you took 5 days, it would be 5 points and if you took 3 x 1 day it would be 15 points. 

1 hour ago, New POD said:

I bet they are fussy with bereavement leave.  

Mind you I lost points in a redundancy scoring process because on 2 occasions in 12 months, I had taken a child to A&E in the middle of the night and hadn't got home until late afternoon. And was told by my boss not to book it as holiday. 

Each occasion was counted as 5 points off. 

So if you took 5 days, it would be 5 points and if you took 3 x 1 day it would be 15 points. 

Welcome to my previous job.

Take 4 individual days off sick throughout the course of a year? Phone interview with occupational health because you breached the threshold.

Take 6 months off for stress on full pay while continuing to run a side business? Aye that's fine, crack on.

On 1/24/2020 at 12:51 PM, HillmanImp said:

Ordered some front wing bottom repair panels for the Porsche the other day. 

Here are the photos from the website:

porsche-944-wing-bottom-repair-panel.jpg

Here is what I received:

Panel6.thumb.jpg.fb3b8e718cdc30b1bdbdc56dd8c55679.jpg

Not what I normally get but okay I guess.........bit scratched up, was the metal they used rusty or something?

Oh, this bit on the outside isn't flush. It will need filling/grinding back on both sides:

Panel1.thumb.jpg.27e10b13cb0ffe68631c4be13b09865b.jpg

Panel2.thumb.jpg.7f3dff4086eb98ed1c9a15354bd764fd.jpg

Lets look on the inside. Fucking hell.

Panel5.thumb.jpg.bda5c4e17d258b5be70418abbbacf8f8.jpg

Panel4.thumb.jpg.206cfc3a4560f1c64dd1666594e099ce.jpg

Who did the fucking welding your Dog? 

Look, there's actually holes I can see through!

Panel3.thumb.jpg.0dd9d189feef06c0808bb5bfc4313e4b.jpg

I mean I can sort these out in an hour or so by attacking them with a welder myself but do you know how much these fucking things cost?

Take a guess?

No, more

No, more, 

No, still more.

It was £108 plus postage.

£108 plus postage.

EACH!!!!!

Am I fuck sorting these out myself. If they were £25 each I'd just suck it up but FFS.

I'm not being mental here am I? These are absolute shit aren't they? 

I ordered some of these for the Triumph a while back for £29.50 on Ebay and they were spot on.

Picture 1 of 2

All other repair panels I've ever ordered for my Imps, Triumphs and the Lancia have been very professional looking. 

Also, I would've thought they'd be painted to stop moisture getting in the metal or am I going OTT there?

Someone at work pointed out I could get oven trays from Asda for £1.99 and asked why I'd spent so much on these ones. They've got a point.

Can someone confirm that these are indeed fucking WANK. They are so bad I'm concerned that I might have just been really lucky before and this is what you normally get. 

Have been in touch with the company that supply the panels. 

They said they were surprised I wasn't happy as they send out about 3 sets per month with no complaints but did chuckle when I said I was surprised too when I opened the box and saw them. 

Anyhow I sent them my photos and got the offer of £10 to cover me sorting them out or a full refund. 

IMG_20200130_180151.thumb.jpg.553e7759f39f7c47862f6c7f41eba0ed.jpg

Cost me £6.70 to post them back and they received them today. Not arguing over the £6.70 just happy to get my money back. 

They can send them to someone else. If that person is happy to receive them like that then fine. 

I'm gonna have a punt at mending the wings myself first now and then buy another professional looking panel when it inevitably looks like shit. 

All in all, I wasn't happy with the panels but the suppliers were okay about it and it was an easy refund process. Just chalk it down to experience. 

4 minutes ago, HillmanImp said:

Have been in touch with the company that supply the panels. 

They said they were surprised I wasn't happy as they send out about 3 sets per month with no complaints but did chuckle when I said I was surprised too when I opened the box and saw them. 

Anyhow I sent them my photos and got the offer of £10 to cover me sorting them out or a full refund. 

IMG_20200130_180151.thumb.jpg.553e7759f39f7c47862f6c7f41eba0ed.jpg

Cost me £6.70 to post them back and they received them today. Not arguing over the £6.70 just happy to get my money back. 

They can send them to someone else. If that person is happy to receive them like that then fine. 

I'm gonna have a punt at mending the wings myself first now and then buy another professional looking panel when it inevitably looks like shit. 

All in all, I wasn't happy with the panels but the suppliers were okay about it and it was an easy refund process. Just chalk it down to experience. 

Sounds like an assumption by the supplier that Porsche owners will pay any price.....

I have had no work for a month and nothing till bloody April. I'm starting to get cabin fever.

80% of my work over the last 6 years has been for the same client but now it's over until then.

All my clients from before have long given up on calling and have found someone else. So lost

for me. 

If anybody knows of someone who could use a carpenter, decorator, tiler, kitchen fitter and general 

home improvement bloke, let me know. A good AS discount would apply.

Arses! Turns out my plans for a quick easy sale on the FIL's Zafira are a distant memory... Fusebox is full of water, stripped it down to try and dry it out, minimal chance of it going back together and not evaporating when connected, search for a new fusebox is on!adc7d9f2224e3b9b872836170677adb6.jpg

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk

Today just gets better and better! No chance of this bloody thing going back together and it looks like its coded to the car so I cant just wang a replacement in, so I think I'm going to speak to my usual garage and see if they can sort it as I haven't got access to the tech..

Also Smoll FL has just got home and the C3 keeps konking out, looks like injector no4 has had it... So 2 vehicles down, one stuck at the bottom of the street immobile...

Triffic!!

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk

It's Mrs BMH birthday next week, dare I say it she'll be 65. So after almost 35 years of marriage we have this "get what you want, I'll wrap it up as a surprise (not)" attitude to pressies.

So she has bought (another) handbag and I've wrapped it with love.

Except...

IMG_20200130_201254.thumb.jpg.fde3e66c7884e4813326a5c7a3071c72.jpg

I'm going to have to spend another 45p at Clinton's for another sheet of wrapping paper.

Fuck me, does she think we are made of money !

On 1/30/2020 at 11:37 AM, Tadhg Tiogar said:

yep typical large american corporation, I bet having to give us 25 days a year holiday really pisses them off. They've been doing their hardest to make things just that little bit shitter every year. They've ruined our canteen by outsourcing it to a variety of crap third parties, who have double the price and reduced the quality, they've removed our free coffee/tea supply and so on. 

20 hours ago, puddlethumper said:

I have had no work for a month and nothing till bloody April. I'm starting to get cabin fever.

80% of my work over the last 6 years has been for the same client but now it's over until then.

All my clients from before have long given up on calling and have found someone else. So lost

for me. 

If anybody knows of someone who could use a carpenter, decorator, tiler, kitchen fitter and general 

home improvement bloke, let me know. A good AS discount would apply.

Add a link to that porch you constructed as a testament to your skills.