The grumpy thread

outlaw118

Fixing something only for the same thing to fuck itself up in a new and spectacular way.

Behold the return of a misfire, now with OBD codes thanks to the BMW 20 pin cable

P0302
Cylinder 2 Misfire Detected

49435272677_2ced7542dc_c.jpg

Yeah that looks like it may have trouble sparking

I guess a thread repair kit  that doesn't fully assist with conducting heat away from the plug is the cause of meltiness

Ealing Post Office has three counters supposedly available* to serve* c-arse-tomers who can't use the machines. Despite a queue stretching into near-infinity for most of today, this was the sight that greeted the lumpenproletariat:

20200127_160104.thumb.jpg.a350fd92e4f12cae6ee76c44f3a11866.jpg

That's right: nobody in attendance. The atmosphere here is mutinous. 

Alarm didn't go off this morning as power had tripped (I know it was on at 4:30 as I was still awake then). Heating hadn't come on as the power was off so the house was cold. Reset the trip, sorted the dogs out, missed the binmen as I was late. As I had rushed the dogs one pooped in the kitchen while I was feeding the others. Got stuck in traffic as I was late, so late for work and arrived in a bad mood.

While eating my tea one of the dogs jumped on the table knocking my wine glass over, spilling the wine and breaking the glass.

And while typing this, the power just tripped again (thunder), so now I will have to reset the oven/alarm again.

On 1/26/2020 at 11:29 AM, Rovorsche said:

Fixing something only for the same thing to fuck itself up in a new and spectacular way.

Behold the return of a misfire, now with OBD codes thanks to the BMW 20 pin cable

P0302
Cylinder 2 Misfire Detected

49435272677_2ced7542dc_c.jpg

Yeah that looks like it may have trouble sparking

I guess a thread repair kit  that doesn't fully assist with conducting heat away from the plug is the cause of meltiness

I hate to say this but that knackered plug has seen a lot of oil . Polos do this when the rings are fucked. 

I scraped the side of the A4 today.  Only a light scrape but it's caught the trailing edge of the nearside front door and the leading edge of the rear door and dented them, and it's scratched the paint a bit on the front door and the rear arch.  I feel like a right twat - it's not terminal damage and the car wasn't immaculate anyway, but that kind of stupid little misjudgement isn't something which normally happens to me.  Properly pissed off.

I was on the way home from the MOT test at the time - which it failed.  Most bits are minor (drop links, brake flexi, slightly bindy rear brake) but it also needs a rear spring on the back, which isn't the sort of thing I'd normally want to take on myself, but the car isn't really worth paying garage rates to fix.  Especially now it's dented.

2 hours ago, anonymous user said:

And while typing this, the power just tripped again (thunder), so now I will have to reset the oven/alarm again.

Our power tripped about a hour ago,and just wouldn't reset. Unplugged every item, still no reset. Then it just did,no reason for the off ,no reason for the no reset then back  on ok.

The everyone going around gently turning sockets back on waiting for the trip again.

So far so good but had to reset the heating.

Mines tripped another three times this evening, hope it is due to the thunder storms. It's also intermittent hailstorms. I have just worked out how to set the alarm on my phone as I have no doubt the power will be off in the morning again. The other annoying thing is that when I reset the trip the doorbell rings,  which sets the dogs off barking.

Just got back from bad boys , haven't seen any of the others but it was all that was on

I have made a mental note to avoid any films that might attract chavs  in the 15-30 age group in future 

At one point I was close to a victor meldrew moment when 5 fucking phones were on at the same time, it's definitely a problem that's not going to get better, it's like a drug they can't stop taking

Film was crap as expected 

I have seen all the simon pegg/nick frost films

Just don't usually do hollywood bollocks , you know the sort of thing , falls off motorbike , broken arm , leg, concussion, internal bleeding, gets up, gets back on , carries on like everything is ok 

The biggest pile of shite I've seen in a long time was john wick 3 

1 hour ago, paulplom said:

Join the club. I've been up since half 2. My sleeping pattern is all to fuck atm and I can't seem to sort it out.

There was a doctor on the radio a couple of weeks ago , we've all heard of the body clock but I didn't realise there were millions of them inside the human body , he said one of the reasons we feel so bad when we change time zones is all the body clocks for the body are out of sync so it's hard to sleep

I think this is it, interesting

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m00023lw

Ebay. Buyer alleges item damaged on arrival, returns item for full refund but keeps brand new spare part I supplied as part of the deal. Ebay finds in buyer's favour, issues refund and tells me I have to contact buyer for return of additional part. I can see how that conversation would go even if I was so inclined.  

Opted for the paperless option at my bank.

Two days later a letter arrived for my wife to say I had gone paperless and did she want to as well.

She has been dead for four years and has never previously had any communication from them.

I was going to the bank to have my late wife's name removed from our joint account but had to phone the head office first.

They did the whole thing on the phone :)

But couldn't change the spelling of my name that they have been getting wrong for the past ten years or more, said I would have to visit a branch for that.

Two days later I receive a letter with my name spelled correctly with commiserations for the loss of my wife.

Today there is another letter for her advising of a payment into our joint account of my pension from Sweden.

I can see this being a complete shitshow.

There's a new bypass around Castle Donington. The work was all completed back in October in readiness for the 31st

Then we didn't.

I am led to believe that it will now open (it's been fenced off for 3 months) on the 31st of January

When we will.

Who says Brexit is all going to be shit? Or do think it might be more government bullshit?

One of my customers in getting to be a right pain.Used to be one of my best but now...He retired in at the end of October but kept his garage and goes in two or three times a week.Atleast once a week since the beginning of the year he cancelled a booked MoT an hour before it is due.He did it again yesterday , the car was booked in for 11 am and he phones up at ten to ten to cancel it.

When he was in last week he was moaning about one of his customers truck. The customer had taken the truck to the main agent for work as his garage was always shut. The main agent informed him the chassis was rotten. The garage owner was all "you only tested it in November why didn't you see that " Told him I really can't remember  the time I saw this truck certainly not in November .The owner of the truck came in today.Can't tax it as the MoT runs out on the 30th of this month.So the cancellation king got my stressing over missing something for nothing. I've already told my assistant only to book him in in the afternoons but I am seriously considering fucking him off completely.

Main agent was correct as I've just failed the MoT on chassis rot amongst other things.

Just taken the dogs out, wet but not raining. Got there, pissed it down! I'm soaked, dogs are soaked and the inside of the car is... you guessed it, soaked - yet a fuckin-gain!

Also went to the vets to get Phoebes pills. Had a word with the lass on reception about my monthly varying bill: when her or most of her co-workers sell me the pills, they are £44 but when Lauren (who I've known for years and don't like, but to be fair, she doesn't like me either) serves me, the same pills are between £55 and £60! So it is now being investigated.

Plenty of emails being exchanged among villagers today. Same story - pair of blokes turning up at farms and isolated houses, nosing around. When asked what they want they reply “looking for any cars that might be for sale”. They’ve been repeatedly turned away and are now going up driveways looking too. Someone told them to fuck the fuck off, and followed them back to their homes about 5 miles away. 

Which have wheels.

Often seen behind Toyota Landcruisers.

On Dublin plates.

Apparently they’re in a lay-by about 5 miles out of Cambridge. So I’ve spent the last 30 minutes moving cars around so the Sierra and Mini are invisible and blocked in. 

Ah. And my description is completely accurate. I’ve seen the photos! 

3 minutes ago, BorniteIdentity said:

Plenty of emails being exchanged among villagers today. Same story - pair of blokes turning up at farms and isolated houses, nosing around. When asked what they want they reply “looking for any cars that might be for sale”. They’ve been repeatedly turned away and are now going up driveways looking too. Someone told them to fuck the fuck off, and followed them back to their homes about 5 miles away. 

Which have wheels.

Often seen behind Toyota Landcruisers.

On Dublin plates.....

They're not welcome in Ireland either.....

On 1/25/2020 at 2:43 PM, Tadhg Tiogar said:

I once turned into a space to find a scooter in there. I seriously considered manhandling the scooter to the far end of the space and putting the car in anyway....

A lot of public car parks now forbid bikes parking in corners on chevrons etc. and either provide insufficient or no motorcycle parking spaces. Our local Tesco provides a decent sized bike bay, but - clearly marked as it is - 7 out of 10 times some inconsiderate cunt has parked a Range Rover Sport or similar in it. I won't use car spaces unless I have to, but had I done so I'd take a very dim view of anyone manhandling my bike.