The grumpy thread

outlaw118

Not sure if this is a grump or a grin.

Being Burns night I was scouting around for a recipe for a whisky sauce to have with Haggis and Tatties (can't get Neeps this time of year in Aus) and found one on Gransnet. Heard of Mumsnet but not Gransnet. Guess what I have been doing for the last hour. Does this mean I is old?

This morning, I'm mostly pissed at people who try to correct the writings of others in an attempt to make themselves appear intelligent. 

"Actually, it's 'Octopi'..." 

Actually, it's a Greek root, not a Latin one, so the plural of Octopus is Octopodes, but it is also a loan word, so it is perfectly acceptable and correct to JUST CALL THEM FUCKING OCTOPUSES. 

Anyone pluralising something which isn't a Latin root ending in 'ius' with 'i' or increasingly with 'ii' needs a bolt through the forehead. 

2 hours ago, yes oui si said:

Don't knock a gilf 'til you've tried one. 

a friend of mine did his degree in aberdeen, and a couple of us went up for a couple of days which included him showing us the highlights* of the town on a night.

we ended up in this dive nightclub. for the life of me i cannot remember its name, but i DO remember seeing Martin disappear off out back with this old biddy.

she had been and given ihm what was in his own words "the BEST blowjob of my life!" 

though he also said that watching her put her teeth back in afterwards was "very disturbing"

oh and my grump?

i feel like shit. kerry too feels like shit.

the reason for us both feeling like shit? no its not that new chinese super flu thing, but the fact that both of us, have managed to get perhaps 4 hours sleep again. 

yes, the third night running, neither of us could get settled down and have a good night kip.

the reason? well i'm fretting about this job in leeds that i have been offered, and kerry too is anxious, cos i am anxious, about this fuckin' job in leeds, the one i have not even accepted yet. but are awake all fucking night worrying about.

this all started, funnily enough when i got told that i had been offered this job in leeds.

i think that is my subconscious telling me that this new job, might not be "the one" for me.....

29 minutes ago, MarvinsMom said:

a friend of mine did his degree in aberdeen, and a couple of us went up for a couple of days which included him showing us the highlights* of the town on a night.

we ended up in this dive nightclub. for the life of me i cannot remember its name, but i DO remember seeing Martin disappear off out back with this old biddy.

she had been and given ihm what was in his own words "the BEST blowjob of my life!" 

though he also said that watching her put her teeth back in afterwards was "very disturbing"

As my mate from Paisley says, "Wallies oot, willy in..." 

On 1/23/2020 at 12:51 PM, Lord Sterling said:

Finding a job is a fucking bastard these days.

My current job is due to end tomorrow. Despite applying for a similar non-customer service position with similar pay I didn't get it because they didn't feel I was "the right person for job". I am once again looking at oblivion, as per fucking usual.

Boss at my last job is being an arsehole refusing to provide me with a reference for an possible new job starting on Monday despite being asked 5 times by my current agency. I fancy just turning up and smacking him one, but of course, as everyone says, 'it won't solve anything' maybe not, but it'll bloody make me feel great and him like the arsehole he is. The evil Lord Sterling is starting to be real.

Not sure how long I can weather this arsehole of not having a permanent job/struggling/financial issues etc.... Someone is gonna hurt real soon.

So as correctly predicted, on Monday, I am facing the dole queue again.

Also, I noticed someone robbed the aerial off the Vectra. New one is on order and the threads will get some loctite before it goes back on.

11 minutes ago, Craig the Princess said:

Fucking people who park their short arsed car at the far end of a car park space so it looks like there is a space until you get right up to it.

I remember being late for work because of that once - arrived in the car park with a few minutes to spare before my shift and could see a single free space halfway down the line...drove down to it and went to turn into the space to be confronted by a motorbike.  Had to find another car park and was late starting my shift.

6 minutes ago, Pieman said:

I remember being late for work because of that once - arrived in the car park with a few minutes to spare before my shift and could see a single free space halfway down the line...drove down to it and went to turn into the space to be confronted by a motorbike.  ...

I once turned into a space to find a scooter in there. I seriously considered manhandling the scooter to the far end of the space and putting the car in anyway....

Eurocarparts. Brake fitting kit should consist of 4 identical plates - three correct plates supplied (same as first photo) and one wrong part. Fitted the first side, then came to do the other side to discover the mistake - so had to refit one of the old plates. Contacted ECP who said I have to return all four parts for an exchange or refund, so spend another 6 hours removing and refitting old parts and then refit new parts. E-mailed customer services - in the absence of a refund, here ends my association with ECP.

SAM_9545.thumb.JPG.f10d79f70cdc8d74360c3d7c57bedb20.JPGSAM_9546.thumb.JPG.8c1cb63b4c3fb2bda4017a953f384130.JPG

Ran into another couple of issues which I had to address, and getting the new pads to actually fit into the new plates took time. 

Edit:just over 3 hours first time round. Having to do the job again (twice) would take me at least another 2.

2 hours ago, Craig the Princess said:

Fucking people who park their short arsed car at the far end of a car park space so it looks like there is a space until you get right up to it.

I do this.... sometimes accidentally (I'll park fine then someone will park a modern next to me and just make me vanish) and occasionally on purpose by backing the car right back until the back wheels touch the kerb...

2 hours ago, Craig the Princess said:

Or who park their Smart* car at 90 degrees to the kerb, resulting in one end encroaching into the roadway...

On 1/24/2020 at 2:02 PM, Kiltox said:

I don’t remember making repair panels whilst drunk but if I did that’s what they’d probably look like 

Never used a welder in my life 

I have welded with a gasless hobby mig upside down on damp rusty metal.  The wire feed was a bit dodgy due to the welding wire having some surface rust. I did it whilst lying on a damp.cold garage floor under a cavalier. 

At the next MOT they seemed happy enough. 

It looked better than that. 100 times better.

I have also welded brand new metal at A technical college in Coventry, where Over a terms worth of Friday mornings I managed to get 98 % for my practical.  It was 1985. 

5 hours ago, yes oui si said:

This morning, I'm mostly pissed at people who try to correct the writings of others in an attempt to make themselves appear intelligent. 

Actually, it's a Greek root, not a Latin one, so the plural of Octopus is Octopodes, but it is also a loan word, so it is perfectly acceptable and correct to JUST CALL THEM FUCKING OCTOPUSES. 

Anyone pluralising something which isn't a Latin root ending in 'ius' with 'i' or increasingly with 'ii' needs a bolt through the forehead. 

[PartridgeMode] You are bang wrong. 

Lexus originate in Japan - but two of them are “Lexi (Plural)” [/PartridgeMode]

6 hours ago, yes oui si said:

I have scanned through your post several times looking for something I could correct. However I failed, damn. 

45 minutes ago, jamiechod said:

I have scanned through your post several times looking for something I could correct. However I failed, damn. 

?

I ain't perfect, and I write informally on forums (any cunt that uses 'fora' when talking about websites can get in the queue behind the octocunts) which means that I keep finding myself overusing ellipses, semicolons, commas... 

The Mrs and I went and had a chat with a local accountant about setting up a company out here

All went well,with any luck we should be sorted late March,early April

The grump? We had a good chat about the products we want to sell,including having to get some ingredient stickers done in Bulgarian

Fired up faceache this morning and bam! Loads and loads of adverts on the feed about getting stickers printed up from pretty every company over here.....

The phones have ears (as if we didn't know) and they are listening