The grumpy thread

outlaw118

I would say I feel.your pain, but being that person, I only give a shit about the way your pain makes me feel. And it makes me feel bad that nobody especially you cares about anyone apart from yourself.  Now get a grip, and make me feel special.

Perhaps you need more training in the way of the psychopath? Or maybe you aren't cut out for this line of work. Anyway less about you, more about me. 

8 hours ago, SiC said:

Probably the till can't take litres as pre payment, only money. Certainly that is the case in the American service stations. I believe they refund any unused amount automatically. At least they do in America and I bet the till systems are the same.

Aye, but I only wanted to know how much to pay. If he told me the price per litre I could've worked it out on my phone. To be fair to him I didn't ask but he was annoying me by that point for not having the forethought to bring a calculator. 

8 hours ago, Jazoli said:

Don't see the issue personally, I'd wager that 99% of the population would just say 'I'll have £20/£30/£40 worth please"

Really?  That surprises me. I've probably not put an amount of money in since it became easier to pay by card back in the 1990s but then again I'm an old bastard these days and don't really reflect 'most people' anymore. 

Most people I know fill up each time TBH but not sure if thats common or not. 

I put in how many litres I generally use in a week. If I put £20 in at one station near me its 1.369 a litre but at another its 1.449. Over 20 litres I'm actually putting nearly 1.17 litres less in. At 25mpg thats 6.43 miles less by my early morning calculations on the train to work, which is 1 days journey to the train station in Guiseley for me. 

I mean, when you go for a beer you don't ask for £4 of beer you ask for a pint, unless you get it in a fucking schooner. 

A schooner in a sailboat you dumb bastard. 

THE EASTER BUNNY'S NOT REAL! 

8 hours ago, cobblers said:

It probably would benefit from a new one, but a DMF will go for many tens of thousands of miles after it becomes "a bit noticable". A mate of mine ran a T5 van for 20K with a DMF that genuinely sounded like someone was hitting the bellhousing with a lump hammer, it would probably have gone on a lot longer.

Thanks. I’m not going to go mad, but if I can get 3k out of it then perhaps it’ll be time for a solid flywheel conversion.

God alone knows how people cope trying to find work these days. Have been pursuing a few jobs just to pay the weekly/monthly bills, so not especially arsed about the hourly rate. However, not matter how 'urgently needed' some vacancies  are advertised for, they don't even fucking bother getting back to you when you've applied, and are still 'urgently looking for' people a fortnight later. Agencies are fucking useless, signed up with one for driving work ('we'll soon find you something') told them I wasn't interested in factory jobs , then got one call asking me to go and work somewhere the following day. 'The biggest maker in the UK' blah blah blah, which transpires to be a factory. Told them I wasn't interested and that I had been promised driving work. Never heard from them since. Another sent me on an interview 15 miles away for a local '40 hour a week job' that turned out to be 15-20 hours and based anywhere within about 25 miles.

Meanwhile, customer service continues not to exist:  19 days spent chasing a part my mate needed urgently before the company get back to me with the answers to two simple questions about stock held and delivery. Couldn't ring them of course, no fucker answers the phones. 

2 hours ago, HillmanImp said:

Aye, but I only wanted to know how much to pay. If he told me the price per litre I could've worked it out on my phone. To be fair to him I didn't ask but he was annoying me by that point for not having the forethought to bring a calculator. 

Really?  That surprises me. I've probably not put an amount of money in since it became easier to pay by card back in the 1990s but then again I'm an old bastard these days and don't really reflect 'most people' anymore. 

Most people I know fill up each time TBH but not sure if thats common or not. 

I put in how many litres I generally use in a week. If I put £20 in at one station near me its 1.369 a litre but at another its 1.449. Over 20 litres I'm actually putting nearly 1.17 litres less in. At 25mpg thats 6.43 miles less by my early morning calculations on the train to work, which is 1 days journey to the train station in Guiseley for me. 

I mean, when you go for a beer you don't ask for £4 of beer you ask for a pint, unless you get it in a fucking schooner. 

A schooner in a sailboat you dumb bastard. 

THE EASTER BUNNY'S NOT REAL! 

U OK HUN?

After over 12 years on here, having contributed to saving cars, repatriating cars and even repatriating a fellow 'shiter, I've just used the Ignore button for the first time. That makes me sad as for many years I never even realised there was one, such was the level of friendliness and respect this place once had.

1 hour ago, Cavcraft said:

God alone knows how people cope trying to find work these days. Have been pursuing a few jobs just to pay the weekly/monthly bills, so not especially arsed about the hourly rate. However, not matter how 'urgently needed' some vacancies  are advertised for, they don't even fucking bother getting back to you when you've applied, and are still 'urgently looking for' people a fortnight later. Agencies are fucking useless, signed up with one for driving work ('we'll soon find you something') told them I wasn't interested in factory jobs , then got one call asking me to go and work somewhere the following day. 'The biggest maker in the UK' blah blah blah, which transpires to be a factory. Told them I wasn't interested and that I had been promised driving work. Never heard from them since. Another sent me on an interview 15 miles away for a local '40 hour a week job' that turned out to be 15-20 hours and based anywhere within about 25 miles.

Meanwhile, customer service continues not to exist:  19 days spent chasing a part my mate needed urgently before the company get back to me with the answers to two simple questions about stock held and delivery. Couldn't ring them of course, no fucker answers the phones. 

Ms_Chegg's finding exactly the same. Even if you get an initial response, the employer seems perfectly at liberty to just "ghost" at any point in the process.

13 hours ago, cobblers said:

It probably would benefit from a new one, but a DMF will go for many tens of thousands of miles after it becomes "a bit noticable". A mate of mine ran a T5 van for 20K with a DMF that genuinely sounded like someone was hitting the bellhousing with a lump hammer, it would probably have gone on a lot longer.

Mine ran for 60K until it all finally gave way in spectacular fashion.  I don't recommend it, mind.

4 hours ago, Cavcraft said:

Finding a job is a fucking bastard these days.

My current job is due to end tomorrow. Despite applying for a similar non-customer service position with similar pay I didn't get it because they didn't feel I was "the right person for job". I am once again looking at oblivion, as per fucking usual.

Boss at my last job is being an arsehole refusing to provide me with a reference for an possible new job starting on Monday despite being asked 5 times by my current agency. I fancy just turning up and smacking him one, but of course, as everyone says, 'it won't solve anything' maybe not, but it'll bloody make me feel great and him like the arsehole he is. The evil Lord Sterling is starting to be real.

Not sure how long I can weather this arsehole of not having a permanent job/struggling/financial issues etc.... Someone is gonna hurt real soon.

3 hours ago, inconsistant said:

U OK HUN?

Yeah but I'm still in a bit of shock about the time my cousin Walter jerked off in public once. True story. He was on a plane to New Mexico when all of the sudden the hydraulics went. The plane started spinning around, going out of control. So he decides it's all over and whips it out and starts beating it right there. So all the other passengers take a cue from him and they start whipping it out and beating like mad. So all the passengers are beating off, plummeting to their certain doom, when all of the sudden, the hydraulics kick back in, and the plane rights itself. It lands safely and everyone puts their pieces or, whatever you know, away and deboard. Nobody mentions the phenomenon to anyone else.

Another time Walter got this cat stuck in his ass. True story. He bought it at our local mall, so the whole fiasco wound up on the news. It was embarrassing for my relatives and all. But the next week, he did it again. Different cat, same results, complete with another trip to the emergency room. So I run into him a week later at the mall and he was buying another cat! And I said to him, "Jesus, Walt, what are you doing? You know you're just gonna get this cat stuck in your ass, too. Why don't you knock it off?" And he said to me, "HillmanImp, how the hell else am I supposed to get the gerbil out?" My cousin was a weird guy.

1 hour ago, HillmanImp said:

Yeah but I'm still in a bit of shock about the time my cousin Walter jerked off in public once. True story. He was on a plane to New Mexico when all of the sudden the hydraulics went. The plane started spinning around, going out of control. So he decides it's all over and whips it out and starts beating it right there. So all the other passengers take a cue from him and they start whipping it out and beating like mad. So all the passengers are beating off, plummeting to their certain doom, when all of the sudden, the hydraulics kick back in, and the plane rights itself. It lands safely and everyone puts their pieces or, whatever you know, away and deboard. Nobody mentions the phenomenon to anyone else.

Another time Walter got this cat stuck in his ass. True story. He bought it at our local mall, so the whole fiasco wound up on the news. It was embarrassing for my relatives and all. But the next week, he did it again. Different cat, same results, complete with another trip to the emergency room. So I run into him a week later at the mall and he was buying another cat! And I said to him, "Jesus, Walt, what are you doing? You know you're just gonna get this cat stuck in your ass, too. Why don't you knock it off?" And he said to me, "HillmanImp, how the hell else am I supposed to get the gerbil out?" My cousin was a weird guy.

giphy.gif

so having been offered this job in leeds, which i don't really want cos its along way to leeds to drive everyday and its very much outta my safty zone, been a job like nothing i have ever been offered before,

and failing to pass go on becoming a trainee bus driver,

i now get offered a place on a training course for learning to drive a forklift truck, though i dunno which sort cos the ad thing in the Jobcentre didn't say.

i have said for a number of years now that i need to get out of doing what  have been doing for a living, and got away and do something closer to home and less stressful.

and now i have, maybe got the chance to ACTUALLY do that, dare i take it?

4 hours ago, Lord Sterling said:

Finding a job is a fucking bastard these days.

My current job is due to end tomorrow. Despite applying for a similar non-customer service position with similar pay I didn't get it because they didn't feel I was "the right person for job". I am once again looking at oblivion, as per fucking usual.

Boss at my last job is being an arsehole refusing to provide me with a reference for an possible new job starting on Monday despite being asked 5 times by my current agency. I fancy just turning up and smacking him one, but of course, as everyone says, 'it won't solve anything' maybe not, but it'll bloody make me feel great and him like the arsehole he is. The evil Lord Sterling is starting to be real.

Not sure how long I can weather this arsehole of not having a permanent job/struggling/financial issues etc.... Someone is gonna hurt real soon.

On a plus point I hear that the immigration system may change to your advantage ref minimum pay. 

7 hours ago, Cheggers said:

After over 12 years on here, having contributed to saving cars, repatriating cars and even repatriating a fellow 'shiter, I've just used the Ignore button for the first time. That makes me sad as for many years I never even realised there was one, such was the level of friendliness and respect this place once had.

Can you ignore yourself ? 12 years you say.  And never a utterance of sarcasm. 

3 hours ago, MarvinsMom said:

i now get offered a place on a training course for learning to drive a forklift truck, though i dunno which sort cos the ad thing in the Jobcentre didn't say.

i have said for a number of years now that i need to get out of doing what  have been doing for a living, and got away and do something closer to home and less stressful.

and now i have, maybe got the chance to ACTUALLY do that, dare i take it?

Is the course free to you? A fork licence could be a very useful aid to getting a job.

8 hours ago, Cheggers said:

It is a shame, the pointless shouty ones are getting vocal again though, so unfortunately it's probably for the best. It does make life a bit more bearable on here though.

Ffs I'm posting far too much in here lately! 

Just slipped whilst stretching a fresh dyson clutch belt onto the lifter tool and punched myself hard in the forehead. Its stopped bleeding now, hurts like fuck but I don't feel sick

Was going to go shopping but fuck that, think ill just go to bed! Sounds safer

15 hours ago, Sir Snipes said:

Could they be using it as an excuse to let people go and bring in cheaper labour?

Saying that your most probably right as we get an annual pay rise so it works out we are on a bit more for the time served.

Myself and the other long term temp workers got about £1.50 extra an hour. Also Apparently  the workforce needs to be 20% diverse by the end of the year we were told in a quarterly meeting last week.

All of us were British and the new recruits are mainly foreign nationals so I guess it gets the quota up for the company as well.

26 minutes ago, Vince70 said:

Saying that your most probably right as we get an annual pay rise.

Myself and the other long term temp workers got about £1.50 extra an hour. Also Apparently  the workforce needs to be 20% diverse by the end of the year we were told in a quarterly meeting last week.

All of us were British and the new recruits are mainly foreign nationals so I guess it gets the quota up for the company as well.

My biggest risk of not being able to get a full time position at the company I've been working with for 2.5 years is they need more women, the last few hiring times they've chosen to hire in brand new female employees and fully train them rather than take on pre-trained staff. :(

13 minutes ago, captain_70s said:

My biggest risk of not being able to get a full time position at the company I've been working with for 2.5 years is they need more women, the last few hiring times they've chosen to hire in brand new female employees and fully train them rather than take on pre-trained staff. :(

It sounds like we must of been working  for the same company lol

27 minutes ago, captain_70s said:

Tell them you identify as a woman...