The grumpy thread

outlaw118

2 hours ago, loserone said:

Nowt wrong with Crook, there's some fairly canny houses for not a lot, a busy town centre on a night, and a choice of budget German supermarkets.  Blue stone café is lovely (the proprietors live on our street) and there's plenty of decent folk in the area.  

Maybe so, but I got knocked off my bike and basically jeered at in Crook. This was after staying in the tranquil and assertively friendly village of Stanhope...

4 hours ago, mrbenn said:

.....where is the most miserable place in the UK, out of interest?

38 minutes ago, brownnova said:

Rhyl... 

Except for 2/3rds of the inhabitants who are so high on drugs they think they’re in Benidorm. 

22 minutes ago, Tim_E said:

Have you ever been to Kimmel Bay? Pretty miserable.

20 minutes ago, brownnova said:

And don’t get me started on Towyn! 

Jaywick, Essex?

11 hours ago, Remspoor said:

Ohh how we (the wife and I) wish for some snow.

You are more than welcome to some of mine. 

We only had a few inches last night, but still meant I had to scrape the car off and then drive at 20mph below the speed limit all of the way to work. 

This is a shot from the Starbucks / garage where I’ve dropped in for lunch today...

6368202F-5034-42B7-9ED9-024B26D7B9E3.thumb.jpeg.f5470201588cc95afa776fd3aae2ac48.jpeg

I’d take wet and windy today!

Received an email at 12.00 to inform me FedEx had delivered a parcel and obtained a signature for it at 11.56 I opened the email at 12.05

Delivery address on email was correct but no one had rang my doorbell. Says it was signed for by A. Ndy, but no card left for me to say where parcel is. Went to neighbours either side of me-neither were in.

Rang FedEx-very helpful, said they would check on my delivery and ring me back. 2 minutes later I get a call to say the driver will return in 5 minutes with my parcel. 5 minutes later, doorbell rings, open the door and handed package by FedEx jacketed person.

Missed a phone call 2 minutes later

They left a voicemail to say the driver had left my parcel with a neighbour. Complete bollocks

My grump is that the item was a side stand for my motorbike which needs 25mm cut out and to be rewelded. My mate chucked in his welding job on Friday to go back to glazing. How thoughtless of him!

39 minutes ago, Cavcraft said:

There's only one, the other is Tywyn isn't it?  Which is also a million times nicer.

I think there is even another, but I think it is also Tywyn, Towyn is the English way of spelling Tywyn.

There are other places called Towyn - then something like beach or something. Welsh place names are not imaginative, they are just either geographical features or saints and bibley stuff so lots of place names are repeated over and over.

9 minutes ago, Tamworthbay said:

Not even close, Coventry? Leeds? Got to be top two..... but Guildford is up there, as is Staines and London is a shit hole of epic proportions 

I'd say cov and Leeds were cultural highlights compared to anywhere in brum.

Just now, jamiechod said:

I'd say cov and Leeds were cultural highlights compared to anywhere in brum.

Shit no, Brum has improved massively in recent years. Cov was fucked by the Luftwaffe and again by the planners, and when they bombed Leeds they caused millions of pounds worth of improvements.

Central London is fantastic, some other bits are really nice too.

'I'll come on Wednesday to buy it'

Ok, message me Tuesday night and we'll fix something up.

'Can't come Weds me lift let me down, is Saturday ok?'

Yes, but I'll need a deposit first.

'No problem, how much?'

Tenner ok?

'That's fine'

Ok, how do you want to do it, Paypal or bank transfer (he's probably 150 miles away)

'I only deal in cash'

So how are you going to pay a deposit first?

'I definitely want it mate'

11 minutes ago, Tamworthbay said:

Shit no, Brum has improved massively in recent years. Cov was fucked by the Luftwaffe and again by the planners, and when they bombed Leeds they caused millions of pounds worth of improvements.

I  think it was wednesbury i got the mondeo from on saturday, it favoured sarajevo but slightly worse.

However, im certainly not being snobby - i live in bolton FFS