The grumpy thread

outlaw118

7 minutes ago, Richard said:

I can think of at least one more example. Coincidentally, my grump is that I've had an email from work to say that there's an iPhone waiting for me.

Some Apple stuff is crap, but some is genuinely superb and ground breaking. Everything Dyson is shit with fail points built in to ensure people need to buy a new one after a few years (at best) and some people are daft enough to repeat the mistake.

16 hours ago, wuvvum said:

Not sure how well versed the Citizens' Advice Bureau will be in Minnesota consumer rights legislation... 

Wish there was - the US can be very iffy and it’s not until you don’t have something like the CAB that you actually miss it. 

Instead everyone has to sue each other here...

10 hours ago, Remspoor said:

I Should have gone to Spec save then should I not.  Fook, Fook, Fook.

Ha ha ha. Right now I’d like to be back in the UK. -20C again as a low today and topped it off with a light warm up and sprinkle of slippery snow tonight. 

The cold does make it a nice clear day though!

2819646E-21B6-40A1-9BF1-FFA0CE943EB9.thumb.jpeg.0b39c2b6f9c0ca4613a3f42db79aaf94.jpeg

On 12/30/2019 at 7:33 PM, clayts450 said:

When people who know nothing about cats suddenly come over all concerned for no concernible reason. Casper has been sitting on that fence by the edge of the woods for the last six months now.

Interfering busybody wasting my time and, more critically, the RSPCA's. Fuckwit.

Been a supervisor and manager in 2 different re homing and rescue centres, in the second one i was at, we had a running joke/situation of this woman who would come in at least twice a week to hand in another "stray" cat.

In all my time there, i don't think a single one of them was a stray, they were all her neighbours and folks nearby.

In fact, she brought the same poor fucking cat back to us 3 times in 2 weeks and even had the cheek to ask us "are you sure he isn't stray?"

"Yes, i'm certain....that's why you've managed to get him here 3 times, we're not just immediately sticking him in a van and dropping him back off in your garden when you hand him in you know..... we speak to the owners and they pick him up, they live 2 houses down from you and are worried why he keeps randomly going missing"

"So he goes missing?"
"Only when he's been kidnapped and wrongly handed in here "

"Well....better to be safe than sorry i guess"

"No... no..... please just leave him alone from now on, he's a cat, doing cat things, it's normal.... honest"

I think the weekly struggle to not yell "STOP BRINGING US YOUR NEIGHBOURS CATS YOU FUCKING LUNATIC" wore me out.

On 1/11/2020 at 8:35 PM, New POD said:

I'm trying to apply CPR to a horse that's not breathing, and am being told that I'm doing it wrong. 

Overnight magic fairy dust was sprinkled over the horse and somehow it's alive. Either that or it's a ghost. 

Anyway my post in the grin thread says Sunday was fine. 

4 hours ago, Roobarb said:

Wish there was - the US can be very iffy and it’s not until you don’t have something like the CAB that you actually miss it. 

Instead everyone has to sue each other here...

Ha ha ha. Right now I’d like to be back in the UK. -20C again as a low today and topped it off with a light warm up and sprinkle of slippery snow tonight. 

The cold does make it a nice clear day though!

2819646E-21B6-40A1-9BF1-FFA0CE943EB9.thumb.jpeg.0b39c2b6f9c0ca4613a3f42db79aaf94.jpeg

Ohh how we (the wife and I) wish for some snow.

Our lovely 1 ½ year old cat who loved the kids, was as soft as a ball of cotton wool, who we had for two months (and had visited every night) collapsed and died just before Christmas. We miss her. This is just six months after our previous cuddly predator for got hit by a car and died.

4 minutes ago, Crackers said:

With all the replies to this post, I can't help but think we're flogging a dead horse at this point.

You know when an old person perks up in hospital, chats normally with all their relatives and then dies in thier sleep the same evening? 

I hope it's not that with the "horse" 

6 minutes ago, New POD said:

You know when an old person perks up in hospital, chats normally with all their relatives and then dies in thier sleep the same evening? 

I hope it's not that with the "horse" 

I've got that feeling I've done what I always do and put my foot in it big time by saying something without thinking. Better if I delete my post?

7 minutes ago, Crackers said:

I've got that feeling I've done what I always do and put my foot in it big time by saying something without thinking. Better if I delete my post?

No. It's a concern. Have I revived a dead horse temporarily.  Should the horse be given a dignified funneral, or is the fairy dust really working? 

10 hours ago, Mrcento said:

I think the weekly struggle to not yell "STOP BRINGING US YOUR NEIGHBOURS CATS YOU FUCKING LUNATIC" wore me out.

This sort of thing was just one of the many annoyances that made me despair of the people on the community Facebook page for the town where my former library was... "Is this anyone's cat? [Insert photo of obviously well-fed and healthy moggy] It's been at my house for two days now". Of course it has, BECAUSE YOU'VE BEEN FUCKING FEEDING IT. STOP FEEDING THE CAT AND IT WILL GO HOME. This happened all. the. time.

It was suggested as a good way of keeping up with what was going on on our patch. I sacked it off after about two weeks.

Nowt wrong with Crook, there's some fairly canny houses for not a lot, a busy town centre on a night, and a choice of budget German supermarkets.  Blue stone café is lovely (the proprietors live on our street) and there's plenty of decent folk in the area.  

Tried using my android tablet last night and it could not stay with the wifi . so i had a scan and to put it bluntly there was like 50 routers viaing for air space . so i put in my tp link acecces point near to where i needed signal . i look today and the air waves are some what less busy !!!! ... Confused 

2020-01-13-165202.thumb.png.94db95a8984536cdbb0e8166c591b420.png

So sorry I troubled two hotel chains with the audacity to try and book a function room, it's clearly far too much fucking bother for them. Also maybe 14 weeks before getting back to us is probably not quite the sort of customer service we'd hope for.