The grumpy thread

outlaw118

2 minutes ago, barefoot said:

I'm an editor and curious to know what you think I do.

Fight a loosing battle on the streets against computers and receipts? When a man is trying to change it only causes further pain. 

The missus loves that Salvage show, I saw a trailer for the classic car one and just knew that it would be annoying based on some of the things he has done to old furniture that just make you think 'what are you doing?'.  

Still, he clearly knows more than me about what sells as he is where he is and i am wasting time on the internet...

On 1/7/2020 at 12:50 PM, GrumpiusMaximus said:

I never disputed it mate!  It was just £5,000 a year more than my old job.  And they've said they'll put me through CompTIA...

Nice! Wish I could find that. I've resorted to standing outdoors in head to toe goretex laying cables. I'll only be on more money after a year. Currently on the same as I was on at the university.

4 hours ago, New POD said:

Fight a loosing battle on the streets against computers and receipts? When a man is trying to change it only causes further pain. 

I think the first bit is what the publishing house does and I didn't understand the second, so I don't do that either.

1 hour ago, Supernaut said:

Nice! Wish I could find that. I've resorted to standing outdoors in head to toe goretex laying cables. I'll only be on more money after a year. Currently on the same as I was on at the university.

Sounds like you're getting outside at least.  I only get outside walking to meetings...

Some dozy old twat has just reversed his Picasso into my van. His rear door caught my bumper. It caved his door in and popped off a load of his trim which he then ran over. I had to flag him down to stop, as he hadn’t realised he’d done it, but then he launched into a proper foul mouthed rant at me and my 2 year old the abridged version being about how accidents happen and why was I so bothered about a bit of damage to my van. 
So I’m grumpy that there isn’t a mandatory retest for blind old coffin dodgers who can’t see a 2m high van in their mirrors and then don’t even realise when they’ve hit it. 

On 1/6/2020 at 8:23 AM, auntiemaryscanary said:

My street is in a residential area but a major cut through - no drives so cars both sides leaving single file traffic only. We often get face-offs we're people won't give way. Often the drivers get verbal and on occasion violent. 

The whole road needed re-surfacing years ago but since austerity this happens every winter. That's the sub-base next to vehicles. I guess the yellow circle means the Council will be round to put a crude patch of tarmac in bag down at some point - it won't last long.

IMG_20200105_113650550.jpg

Brilliant! F1 ready

IMG_20200109_125716669_HDR.jpg

18 hours ago, bangernomics said:

Personally I canned my subscription when Holman left.

I started buying it again when Holman left. Each to their own I guess ?

1 hour ago, rusty_vw_man said:

Some dozy old twat has just reversed his Picasso into my van. His rear door caught my bumper. It caved his door in and popped off a load of his trim which he then ran over. I had to flag him down to stop, as he hadn’t realised he’d done it, but then he launched into a proper foul mouthed rant at me and my 2 year old the abridged version being about how accidents happen and why was I so bothered about a bit of damage to my van. 
So I’m grumpy that there isn’t a mandatory retest for blind old coffin dodgers who can’t see a 2m high van in their mirrors and then don’t even realise when they’ve hit it. 

Report him to the police for leaving the scene of an accident and make comments about his eyesight. The police will likely send some plod round to his house and give him a basic eye test.

Fucking solicitors

Everything is sorted with my mortgage, every thing is sorted with my buyers mortgage, there is literally nothing left to do from either of our parts but buyers solicitor has been sat on the case since the 9th of December. I've phoned her up to chase and got met with the "I can't talk to you bye" my buyer has chased her (his own solicitor) who informed him she hasn't got round to it yet and will be done in due course.

I wish they had an actual time frame to do these things in rather than picking and choosing when they want to pick things up as they please ?

56 minutes ago, The Mighty Quinn said:

Which third world shithole is that? Apparently, spray painting a massive cock and balls around potholes gets the council out to 'fix' it.

You should see Stoke, It needs millions spending to get it back to shithole level. 

3 hours ago, auntiemaryscanary said:

Brilliant! F1 ready

IMG_20200109_125716669_HDR.jpg

A similar job has just been carried out on some holes on my street, well some of them... Given that it is frost season I give them 2 months before you can't tell the repair was done and less before large chunks of ashphalt are littering in the street and getting kicked around by passing traffic.

4 hours ago, rusty_vw_man said:

bunch of fives the heart attack that ensues that doesnt happen again

18 minutes ago, chaseracer said:

Why is updating a TomTom satnag such a complete BALLACHE? 

Answers on a pigeon please, while I download Waze onto my phone for next week's EuroBimble adventure...

i was almost buying one cos garmin was being a pain in the arse

updated my garmin and it only took half an hour

glad i didnt tomtom now

18 hours ago, Crackers said:

Is that the show with that insufferable Pritchard bloke on? ???

about salvage - mostly no problem

about cars - completely not interested - much like clarkson or may - far more interesting to listen to when its non car related

no idea who his helper is either

4 hours ago, rusty_vw_man said:

This is the issue these days, people’s complete disrespect for your stuff - ‘It’s only a van what are you moaning about’. 

As above I’d contact the police, once they get wind he can’t drive properly any more they’ll be round to find out more. Having said that they’ll trot out the usual about lack of resources - can’t remember last time I saw the traffic police!