The grumpy thread

outlaw118

Re: previous post...plod

justice has been done :D

no charges of assault and junkie is being done for criminal damage and going equipped :D

though he will probably get his wrist slapped i hope he won't be stupid enough to show his pock marked face around here again :twisted:

Tonight is 'misery night' for those who've not experienced it.

When I worked in Liverpool, I first discovered 'Mischief night'

Never heard of it anywhere else but it did seem that most of the people I worked with thought that it was quite ok that on that one night all sorts of shit like that went on and that it was 'normal'.

Went to tax my Land Rover today.Couldn't find the reminder so I took all my documents.I handed over the doc's to the miserable fat woman behind the counter.She looked at them then said "is it MOT'd ?" I replied "yes the MOT is there" she looked again and said "but it runs out today,are you MOTing it tomorrow ?" Perhaps replying that I might do wasn't the answer she wanted to hear.After a few tuts and a stern look from her I said "Look,the car is MOTed until midnight so I want to tax it today" she then said "well that's upto you,but they will know" I told her that I choose to tax my car while it is still legal so I can use it today if I want to carry on driving when the MOT has run out that's my choice aswell.I very nearly said "and you choose to put more food in your mouth than comes out your arse,you fat cow" but I didn't as I wanted a tax disc.I paid by debit card and after all that she asks if I want cash back.No I just want a tax disc so I can drive my car and get on with my life..Grrr.

The First Direct bank advert.

So, some daft bint in one of their call centres is talking to a customer. She's obviously told by the punter on the other end of the phone that she doesn't sound like your normal call centre droid, to which she replies 'oh no, I'm like a fish out of water, me. We're all like that here.'

So, let me just get this straight. You phone up to discuss your financial affairs (pretty important) & the lady on the end of the phone says she's 'like a fish out of water' ie out of her depth ie doesnt know what the f*ck she is doing, & none of her colleagues do either.

Who in the Goddam world decided that would be a good basis for an advert? Basically saying all their staff are utter bobbins.

Give me strength.

:evil::evil:

So, some daft bint in one of their call centres is talking to a customer. She's obviously told by the punter on the other end of the phone that she doesn't sound like your normal call centre droid, to which she replies 'oh no, I'm like a fish out of water, me. We're all like that here.'

So, let me just get this straight. You phone up to discuss your financial affairs (pretty important) & the lady on the end of the phone says she's 'like a fish out of water' ie out of her depth ie doesnt know what the f*ck she is doing, & none of her colleagues do either.

Who in the Goddam world decided that would be a good basis for an advert? Basically saying all their staff are utter bobbins.

Give me strength.

:evil::evil:

Sounds like most places I've worked for

A couple of weeks ago on here, someone asked for computer help and I reminded them "backup your shit!" accompanied with a picture of a Chevette reversing.

Few minutes ago I made a little mistake and deleted quite a lot from my web server, including that picture, none of which was backed up :roll:

edit: also including my avatar apparently

I can't figure out how to edit my settings on this fancy new board (to change the time back to GMT)

can someone help? I'm not starting a new bleedin topic just for that

At the top of this page is a grey bar, to the left on the bar is "User Control Panel" click on that then go to the "board preferences" tab where you can change the forum time.

As me and Mrs Trigger are planning to go to the NEC Classic Motor Show next Friday she rang up today to pre order tickets as your save £2 a ticket, After being on hold for 20 minutes she got a message saying that all calls cost 10p per minute!, She quickly hung up :shock: .

After ringing me saying about how in saving £4 she had just spend £3 just being on hold she sent the manager an email complaining.

She got a email straight back from someone called Andy Rouse who is the show manager apologising for the delay and that he'll get the promotions manager to phone us to this evening (She still hasn't called mind) and that he'll wave the transaction fee.

Then for the next half hour he keep emailing back saying how he was testing the line and how poor the service was as he had been on hold for 27 minutes!, he said it might of had something to do with the Take That tickets a few days before.

27mins now.

Losing my sense of humour....

Good job I tried it really. Half the time it's people not bothering to hold on for a minute or so, but I think that, in light of this epic call, there may be a problem...!

Cheers,

Andy Rouse

Mrs Triggers planning on emailing him back tomorrow to complain again about how the girl never rung us this evening like he said she would, Fingers cross we might get some more discount!, Well it is £50 for the pair of us to get in!

Slough was basically like Escape from New York back when I lived there, we lived in one of the worse areas, near the hospital and people would have cars stolen from the petrol station, outside our shop, and there was so much anti social behavior (from youngsters and the old alcoholics) it was unbelievable. And experiencing an armed robbery is something I really dont want to try again. Theres just something unsettling about that place. Sadly, like most places which are rough, most of the people are really quite nice and its just the small minority who ruin it.

Have to say that puzzled me a bit too. However, First Direct are ace. The call centre staff do actually appear to be humans and know what they are doing. Which is nice.

Must admit, I have heard that First Direct are meant to be good. Its just the idiots who thought up such an astonishingly poor advert that have boiled my piss.

Making me humpy at the moment is this:

!B6(41JwBGk~$(KGrHqR,!hIEyr6bO,S+BM)Ijid9z!~~_12.JPG

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... K:MEWAX:IT

Which ended up selling for £1696 after i could have bought it a month ago for £500 (i thought that was all it's money then).

and this one:

!B6QQmHgBGk~$(KGrHqQOKiQEy5KeUsgbBMwylD!jdw~~_3.JPG

which was in my local rag a few weeks ago for £600, that's just sold for £1220.

Went to work this morning, my first day on the job as it were (part time professional dusting and sweeping).

Place isn't even open yet, was full of workmen bodging up kitchens and stuff. :roll:

Cheers for bothering to let me know "boss"... had to ring HR and leave a message but not had any call yet ffs.

Making me humpy at the moment is this:

!B6(41JwBGk~$(KGrHqR,!hIEyr6bO,S+BM)Ijid9z!~~_12.JPG

Which ended up selling for £1696 after i could have bought it a month ago for £500 (i thought that was all it's money then).

I remember that one, looks like it got sold to one of Pog's VW scene numpty who had a go at crapping it up, can see why you're a bit humpy.

XJRs in heavy rain. It's a pig in the wet. Tyres are fine (P Zeros, 5mm minimum, right pressures), bushes are fine (I check 'em quite regularly), wheel alignments are absolutely spot on (That wasn't cheap), they must just be like this.

Close to two tons on wide tyres and pretty stiff (for a Jag) suspension, combined with a track wide enough to be just running inbetween the ruts left by the back tyres of trucks and buses, quickish steering and it's almost the perfect wrong car for city driving on greasy diesel smeared roads.

That's it, I'm gonna put the SD1 back on the road. Try and get the welding sorted tomorrow and in for MOT.

XJRs in heavy rain. It's a pig in the wet. Tyres are fine (P Zeros, 5mm minimum, right pressures), bushes are fine (I check 'em quite regularly), wheel alignments are absolutely spot on (That wasn't cheap), they must just be like this.

Close to two tons on wide tyres and pretty stiff (for a Jag) suspension, combined with a track wide enough to be just running inbetween the ruts left by the back tyres of trucks and buses, quickish steering and it's almost the perfect wrong car for city driving on greasy diesel smeared roads.

That's it, I'm gonna put the SD1 back on the road. Try and get the welding sorted tomorrow and in for MOT.

shhhh!!! i'm trying to flog an xjr :D