The grumpy thread

outlaw118

'How much for tractor'*

Not sure if it's for sale, will find out. Think it needs repairs though.

'It's ok not bothered about condition'

(Finds out details)… It needs engine replacing or repairing apparently.

'No gud to me don't want a project'

( (*I'm not advertising one, by the way, it's in the back ground of something else)

'Are there any motorbike there?'

Where?

'Where the van is, I'll buy them if there is'

(There are no motorbikes there, or in view)

'You'd have to pay me that much to take it away'

How did you manage to find a grown up to type that for you, or is your carer up early this morning?

'No he's running round trying to find someone with dickhead tattooed on his forehead to pile a pile of rust and shite for  that much'

I typed and sent a longer version of 'get a life' to this toothless simpleton, then just left the conversation. 

And those three separate people were between the odd offer of 40% or so of the price, again from different people. 

Those  'Injury lawyers 4 u' are shit. When my neighbour's 15 year old daughter cut herself climbing our fence, they asked me to take a photo of her gash. Guess who's in court tomorrow?

9 hours ago, Jerzy Woking said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-50969168

And if this succeeds, what next?  

The precedent has already been set by the climate change bloke.

It will become an issue when there is a clash between rights say, trans rights and someone's philosophical and/or religious belief that people are the sex they were born with.

LACS aren't disputing his arguments on the vegan stuff, just that he's a twat  not a whistleblower

9 hours ago, Tamworthbay said:

Well as I have been shitting through the eye of a needle for 24hrs it was either some amazing chilli, or I have the crappy bug going around. I used a whole bog roll last night between 2 and 7am, never had anything like that in my life.

If anyone needs medical advice then here it is, beer cures bugs, had a few bottles and feeling much better.

Today I was surprised by Technology but not in a good way.

I have a Humax freeview recorder, its a few years old and has the odd sulky moment but it mostly does iPlayer/Netflix/AmazonPrime but it does sulk, enough to make me look for something newer.

So I went out and with two minutes research, on my phone in Currys, bought a Panasonic unit to replace it, the reviews looked good many at five stars so it came home with me.

Now I am faced with actually using it, early indications indicate that in the dying minutes of 2019 Panasonic have resorted to flogging an absolute turd that cannot even run iplayer.

There are no software updates and it doesnt work.
If this was some weird brand as yet unheard of then maybe this would be acceptable but Panasonic ?

I live in Spain and my mother is non too well so i am popping back to the UK fora few days to see her. The trouble is I am having to use Ryanair  for flights. Opted out of receiving Spam but still get it set up as reminders to

We want to make your journey with us to London simple and hassle-free

Please take note of the following:

Then I also had to use Booking to make a hotel reservation. In the reservation I sent a request and the hotel responded. Booking wants me to grade the response.

Just stop it you two!

With these sites and the reservation of a hire car the headline price is no where near the final prices.

7 hours ago, Rovorsche said:

Today I was surprised by Technology but not in a good way.

I have a Humax freeview recorder, its a few years old and has the odd sulky moment but it mostly does iPlayer/Netflix/AmazonPrime but it does sulk, enough to make me look for something newer.

So I went out and with two minutes research, on my phone in Currys, bought a Panasonic unit to replace it, the reviews looked good many at five stars so it came home with me.

Now I am faced with actually using it, early indications indicate that in the dying minutes of 2019 Panasonic have resorted to flogging an absolute turd that cannot even run iplayer.

There are no software updates and it doesnt work.
If this was some weird brand as yet unheard of then maybe this would be acceptable but Panasonic ?

I know that lower end Panasonic TVs are rebranded shite, maybe these are now too? :(  

I remember a story about Bill gates saying that if the car industry was like the computer world all cars would fly and use no energy or something like that, the head of ford replied if the car industry was like the computer industry cars would randomly die and we would accept losing everything we owned and having to restart our journey several times, the cars would only work on certain roads and a road they worked on last week would be inaccessible the next etc etc. There was a lot of truth in it (don’t know if it ever happened in reality).

14 hours ago, Microwave said:

Why have Autotrader decided to get rid of the option to search for cars from x mileage? I can now only search up to a certain mileage, which is a lot less fucking useful

Autotrader have 'improved' their site to the point of unusablility.

I tried to look for a Seat Cordoba estate and couldn't get a response from it - not just the Cordoba, any estate or in fact anything at all.

21 minutes ago, myglaren said:

Autotrader have 'improved' their site to the point of unusablility.

I tried to look for a Seat Cordoba estate and couldn't get a response from it - not just the Cordoba, any estate or in fact anything at all.

There are no Cordoba's for sale on AT which isn't surprising really as they didn't sell many to begin with 25 years ago, there's 5649 estates under £100k on there though, I think you have missed something :)

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-search?sort=relevance&postcode=la233el&radius=70&onesearchad=Used&onesearchad=Nearly New&onesearchad=New&price-to=100000&body-type=Estate

I bought a Panasonic HDD Freeview recorder a couple of years ago and took t back after a week to swap it for a Humax.
The Humax still isn't perfect (a remote control that operates more like a laser pointer, needing aimed to within a few degrees before it sees the receiver being the prime ergonomic annoyance) but it's a far better machine.

Panasonic don't seem to know how to make their devices properly user-friendly, or talk to each other. I have a matching soundbar and TV and they won't even work off the same remote, every time I want to use the soundbar I have to mute the audio on the telly and use a separate remote to switch each device  on.  Sony were so much better at this stuff 20 years ago.

First world problems I know, but I CBA moaning about serious stuff I can't do anything about.

1 hour ago, chaseracer said:

Take it back and reject it as not fit for purpose under the Consumer Rights Act 2015.  Here's Martin with more information:

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shopping/consumer-rights-refunds-exchange/

If he’s only had it for a day I doubt he’ll need to be all “I kno my rites m8” - most retailers are chilled about returns especially around Xmas. 

40 minutes ago, Jazoli said:

There are no Cordoba's for sale on AT which isn't surprising really as they didn't sell many to begin with 25 years ago, there's 5649 estates under £100k on there though, I think you have missed something :)

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-search?sort=relevance&postcode=la233el&radius=70&onesearchad=Used&onesearchad=Nearly New&onesearchad=New&price-to=100000&body-type=Estate

It didn't seem to want me to look at anything at all.

Just clicked your link and the site is completely different - it was all autoshite colours when I tried it.

Just had a letter from the bank for my wife.

Went into their messaging system to say that she died five years ago and just as I was about done was logged out.

Logged back in and it is all gone :(

Tried again and the broadband went down and buggered it again.

Sod that then.

Some of you may remember that around this time last year I was having problems with my neighbour who kept shutting my cat inside her house. Surprisingly the rozzers were helpful and advised that cats are property & the detention of them is theft. My neighbour doesn't get up until around lunchtime & they advised me to knock her up at 08:00 every morning and ask for my cat back until she stopped shutting her in. This worked surprisingly well and from 24.1.19, the cat hasn't gone missing at all and I considered the incident closed.

Around June, I realised that the woman hadn't actually spoken to me since January, so I monitored and watched her constantly turn her back on me or nip back inside the house... Consequently, for the first time in thirty odd years, I didn't send her an xmas card & my cat went missing every morning from xmas day to new years day when I decided that I'd had enough. I knocked loudly on her door and the conversation went like this;

Who is it?

Who the fuck do you think it is, send my cat back now

I haven't got your cat

You fucking liar, send my cat back

I'll go and have a look

You are nothing but a fucking selfish old woman, send my cat back now

And repeat... The cat was promptly chucked out of the back door and we both went home. Surprisingly*, less than an hour later, her bloke was sent round to have a word and he too received an appalling round of fucks in response to his, 'You're normally such a reasonable chap, David'...

I rang the police again to update, and this year got an idiot woman who didn't understand why I didn't want her to give me a new incident number, when I'd already got one from a year earlier. She actually did the 'If you interrupt me again I shall hang up', to which I replied, 'If you do, I shall press redial and make a formal complaint about your call handling skills'.

She hung up, I redialled & complained about firstly her, & then my neighbour to a cracking bloke who listened to me and then escalated my complaint to a higher level.

Don't fuck with the barefoot.

16 hours ago, fairkens said:

The precedent has already been set by the climate change bloke.

It will become an issue when there is a clash between rights say, trans rights and someone's philosophical and/or religious belief that people are the sex they were born with.

LACS aren't disputing his arguments on the vegan stuff, just that he's a twat  not a whistleblower

That does seem to be the subtext of the article; "This man is a prize Colin Hunt but we can't publish that, so here are some words about how painful he is to be around." Presumably he collides with a lot of street furniture and other  pedestrians on account of him walking everywhere staring at the ground, lest he step on a bug.

I decided that I should wash the Volvo so that I look a bit less like the scruffy bastard that I really am. Within 20 minutes of starting my day 3 different birds did massive shites all over it. I find this hard to write off as a coincidence as such a thing has happened exactly zero times since I last washed it back in the early summer. Bastards.

Speaking of summer, when will it be less bastarding cold? I've had to invest in a leccy blanket (glow plugs but for my bed!) and I've even got one of the storage heaters on, which is effectively venting my hard earned leccy to atmosphere because my cottages windows predate living memory! I'm not made of money! There's talk of me getting central heating but I'm worried they'll take my fireplace away!

I've got an iphone 6s on a Vodaphone contract -DISCLAIMER-, I'm shite with most forms of technology.

Anyway the damn thing started getting hot, the wireless stopped working and after a day or so it packed up all togehter, stopped charging and basically turned into a doorstop. After trying to log into the Vodaphone site I got a message that they would send me a text message with a verification code... er, no.. my phone isn't working. I used the online chat facility  and after informing them approx 10 million times I wouldn't receive anything as my phone was bust I eventually got onto the Vodaphone site and logged in. Turns out my phone is under warranty and they'll fix it free of charge, whoop!

Drive off to the Vodaphone shop and immediately get pounced on my a smiling assistant who directs me to a bearded guy who works in tech support, Yes my phone needs a new battery and it'll take 5-7 days to fix, they'll supply a phone for me to use in the mean time. Great! He just needs to check a few details....

Apparently the "find my iphone" thing is turned on and it's a Vodaphone policy that it's turned off (presumably so you don't know where they keep all the phones) I don't know what my log in details are as I've no idea what hes talking about. I guess a log in email address correctly  but I still need the password to turn off the "find my iphone" feature. OBV I have no idea what it is as I don't know what it is in the first place and have never heard of it.  This becomes a sticking point and despite another bearded tech guy helping we can't get anywhere. Apples online support chat offers to text me through a code to change the password to a different phone but that doesn't work either. 

The net result is Apple are going to send me a new password to log in to my number (my sim is in a different phone that I found in a sock drawer) and this is going to take approx 48 hours. I can then go back to Vodaphone and they can send my phone off for repair- they can't issue me with a courtesy phone until they've actually sent mine off for repair and they can't do that until the tracker thing is off.  This whole drama has taken half the day up.

TL:DR I hate technology, I'm scared and curled up in a ball in the corner of the room gently rocking and gnawing on a Samsung Galaxy S.

Doing a simple job (read 'News...') and I have made a right mess of filling oil cans with old oil, sliced my right arm to bits so it looks like I'm back to self harming and the effer bled like I'd severed an artery and lost tools, a favourite tool at that. Now I remember why I let some other sod do it all these days. Plus, my hands are slightly grained in old oil and they hurt as the hardest thing they ever usually hold is my todger!

But, round one of NYR is done.

I've had a crippling migraine now for 4 days, the longest it's lasted.

I feel a sick as a dog, thankfully I was only at work for one day yesterday. I've taken the last of my super-strong prescription pills which usually just make my whole body ache for a few hours (that has started now)  and don't touch the migraine.

Moving about seems to lessen the pain but increase the nausea.